Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #226
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Any one doing a pre-trip report? If so, send me your link and I will incorporate it into the first post. I'm sorry I didn't think of this earlier. I could have saved the second post on this thread for that and / or ADRs. What can I say -- I'm new at this! I've been looking at some of the other threads to get ideas for this one. Learning as I go, just a little slower because of all the grey hair on my head.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #227
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

I'm not doing a PTR. I have always said I wanted to do a trip report or dining reviews, but I never do. Maybe now that there is wifi through out I'll do a live report.

I like the thought of having everyone's ADRs listed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #228
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Yayyyy!

We have a trip planned for 4/19-4/27! So excited to stay at AoA for our first night and then 7 nights at our home resort BLT!!!

It will be for my birthday and our first trip with the new baby due this fall. Since we dont know his name yet we had to register him as "baby" You know you are a Disney Freak when you are planning your unborn babies first trip!!!

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
Old 07-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #229
biebers5
Earning My Ears

We are planning our first WDW trip and are fired up!! We are looking at 4/27-5/3. We haven't "for sure" decided on the resort. I'm so happy to plan this trip and LOVE the forum. I bought a book, but have learned Waaaay more from the forum. I'm ready for discounts to be posted, but from what I read I need to wait another month. See y'all there!!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #230
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
We have a trip planned for 4/19-4/27! So excited to stay at AoA for our first night and then 7 nights at our home resort BLT!!!

It will be for my birthday and our first trip with the new baby due this fall. Since we dont know his name yet we had to register him as "baby" You know you are a Disney Freak when you are planning your unborn babies first trip!!!
So, is your baby going to end up with a Disney name? I have friends that brought back "souvenirs" from their Disney trips. One souvenir turns 2 yo this month from their Thanksgiving trip to DL and the next souvenir is due in September from their WDW trip last Christmas. But no Disney names for their babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebers5 View Post
We are planning our first WDW trip and are fired up!! We are looking at 4/27-5/3. We haven't "for sure" decided on the resort. I'm so happy to plan this trip and LOVE the forum. I bought a book, but have learned Waaaay more from the forum. I'm ready for discounts to be posted, but from what I read I need to wait another month. See y'all there!!
All I ever needed to know about Disney I've learned here on the DIS. While there may occasionally be some misinformation, there are enough people in the know that things quickly get corrected. Not so on a FB Disney fan page I recently joined. Lots of misinformation there.

I think we may have a longer wait for those April discounts than just a month. If they come earlier than November, I will be surprised. I expect to see discounts perhaps in late Dec. but more likely in January. I base my expectations on information found here: http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html
Old 08-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #231
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

airfare is stressing me out I keep watching and waiting. We always book our air early, I can't believe the prices. No afforable air.....No Disney in April for us. Oh yeah and my credit on Jetblue expires tomorrow I guess we could wait for SW and just lose out on our credit, but SW fares have been crazy high too.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #232
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=pwdebbie;45678046]So, is your baby going to end up with a Disney name? I have friends that brought back "souvenirs" from their Disney trips. One souvenir turns 2 yo this month from their Thanksgiving trip to DL and the next souvenir is due in September from their WDW trip last Christmas. But no Disney names for their babies.

Funny you should ask....his middle name will be Elias....Walt's middle name too! hehehe My DS1's name is Silas so it also goes with that

An April Dining Report!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #233
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
So, is your baby going to end up with a Disney name? I have friends that brought back "souvenirs" from their Disney trips. One souvenir turns 2 yo this month from their Thanksgiving trip to DL and the next souvenir is due in September from their WDW trip last Christmas. But no Disney names for their babies.

All I ever needed to know about Disney I've learned here on the DIS. While there may occasionally be some misinformation, there are enough people in the know that things quickly get corrected. Not so on a FB Disney fan page I recently joined. Lots of misinformation there.

I think we may have a longer wait for those April discounts than just a month. If they come earlier than November, I will be surprised. I expect to see discounts perhaps in late Dec. but more likely in January. I base my expectations on information found here: http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html
Funny you should ask....we actually waited until after our last WDW to try for this baby and my DS1 was after a trip as well. I like to be able to drink in Epcot and ride RnR and ToT! And this baby's middle name will be Elias....same as Walt's!

An April Dining Report!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #234
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
airfare is stressing me out I keep watching and waiting. We always book our air early, I can't believe the prices. No afforable air.....No Disney in April for us. Oh yeah and my credit on Jetblue expires tomorrow I guess we could wait for SW and just lose out on our credit, but SW fares have been crazy high too.
now you're stressing *me* out, lol. And I don't even normally start *thinking* about airfare 'til like 3-4 months before the trip. You're looking at Logan, right?
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #235
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Sorry to stress you out! In all our years going to WDW we have always traveled in the spring and never seen air prices like now! I usually book out of BDL, but have been looking at BOS, PVD and now even airports further away...but we really don't want to have to drive 2 1/2 hours to an airport.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #236
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I'm j/k, I'm not really stressing (yet, lol). I imagine once all the airlines put out their fares, they will come down.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
Old 08-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #237
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

agree....but then my lovely $362.40 credit will be down the drain
DS (14)
Lily
Old 08-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #238
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

can you go down Friday afternoon the 12th on a 2:30 flight? There's a 1-way flight on JB for $135 each way. That way your credit wouldn't go to waste
Old 08-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #239
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

whaaat? going to look now!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 08-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #240
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

I so don't see that!! Where from?
DS (14)