Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #2371
DisneyBum303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
We're staying at the same resort at the same time! Do you know what section? We'll be in the Cars building.
We got the standard room, so we will be in the LM section, if I'm reading these posts correctly. We are from TX so if you hear the accent, feel free to say howdy!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #2372
DelaneyJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1510
We're staying at the poly April 7 - 13. First trip to WDW with the kids. We're all very excited.
we might be neighbors . Those are the same dates we will be at the Poly!
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #2373
DelaneyJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie
Time to start talking Lime Green Mickey Heads -- LGMH, the unofficial secret DISser identifier.

So, how many of you are doing this: ?

If you don't know what a LGMH is, check the DIS. The most recent thread I found is this one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2984199 .

I always put one in our car window, one in our room window, and attach one to whatever bag I am carrying / wearing that day.

If I see you with one, I WILL say Hi. If you see me, you better say Hi!
My husband already thinks I am nuts for spending so much time on these boards, if I break out a "secret DIS code". LGMH
He might disown me. Hehe. Maybe I will sneak one on the stroller
Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #2374
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Time to start talking Lime Green Mickey Heads -- LGMH, the unofficial secret DISser identifier.

So, how many of you are doing this: ?

If you don't know what a LGMH is, check the DIS. The most recent thread I found is this one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2984199 .

I always put one in our car window, one in our room window, and attach one to whatever bag I am carrying / wearing that day.

If I see you with one, I WILL say Hi. If you see me, you better say Hi!
I have a stack of them somewhere...just gotta find them

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #2375
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
The last time we were there was Nov. 2010 also. Three days of rain (all three times we have pulled into our resort parking lot it is pouring and they always say, "Oh, it hasn't rained here in so long, we really need the rain,") followed by three days of cold and wind, and finally our last four days were the beautiful Florida weather I was expecting.

We'll be at POFQ the 15 -26. Hopefully we don't bring the rain with us again.

If you have dates and times for your ADRs, I can update the ADR post with that info if you want me to.
I just spent my last two summers in South Korea during monsoon season, so hopefully the over abundance of rain in my recent past will keep it away during our trip time.

Either way...I don't much mind rain. The only issue is DS. I'd happily be drenched at Disney, but I don't want to be dealing with a cranky 2 year old. Remind me to pack the rain cover for the stroller, just in case.

Is anyone else excited about the Flower & Garden festival?
I thought it was just the gorgeous topiaries. I didn't realize they have themed play areas for kids. I guess they're adding food kiosks this year, as well.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guide...wer-garden.htm
Whoa, and presentations by HGTV stars? I love HGTV!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #2376
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I always go ADR crazy at first (don't worry, I always cancel. I just hog at first) and this trip is the hardest one for a few reasons:
1) We've already been A LOT of places. Nowhere near all of them, but enough to make not wanting to go the same place twice a little difficult.
2) My little sister is coming with us, and she's not an adventurous eater by any stretch of the imagination. I'm picky, but I'm usually willing to try new things. She's not. Maybe she's gotten better as she's gotten older, but I don't know.
3) Since she's coming with us, and we're footing the food bill, I'm trying to pay closer attention to how much we're spending this time around. Ironically, even though part of the driving force of this trip is DS's last "free" trip, we're probably spending just as much money as we would if we were paying for him.
4) Since I'm traveling with a 2 year old for the first time, I can't really "plan." I want things to be as flexible as possible, in case he melts down right before a meal, and we need to leave. He'll probably be fine, but you never know. (On his last trip, at 3 months old, he had a massive blowout while we were in the middle of our one signature meal of the trip)
5) I have NO idea how DS will respond to the characters. From what I know about him, he'll probably be terrified, but I don't actually know. He could love them more than anything else. (well...that's not true, he's probably going to love all the trains more than anything else, but he does love his "Flow" (Mickey) and "dahna DUCK")
5) We always take breaks. It's DH's only rule, so I give it to him. It's also (thought painful for me to admit) good for me to get away from the parks and relax, or I get cranky.

Anyways, here's what I have thus far. This morning I added Chef Mickey's and Tusker House, because it occurred to me that he might LOVE the characters, and eating with them would be so much fun for him.

April 13th: Arrival Day
No ADRs yet, because we're not sure when we'll actually be getting in. I was considering a later dinner at Boatwright's (since we'll be staying at POFQ) but the menu underwhelmed me. We could also go somewhere in Downtown Disney, but it may be better to just plan on counter service that night.

April 14th: Hollywood Studios
Mama Melrose - 12:05pm
Mama Melrose - 5:20pm
- I need to cancel one of these, but I can't decide which one. I usually opt for lunch reservations, because it's easier for me to guarantee that we'll be in a particular park at that time. However, DHS is an interesting case. I've never eaten at the Starring Rolls Cafe, and I want to, but they close at 4pm. I can't just plan on going there late morning and skipping breakfast, unless I want to go by myself, because DH has to have a full breakfast every morning. He doesn't like it when I make him wait. I would just do dinner at MM, but it's entirely possible that we could leave the park and not come back.
So, do I just go with the dinner ADR, and plan on Starring Rolls for lunch? Or do I plan on lunch at MM, and just drop by Starring Rolls for a cupcake after right before we go on our break? I would like to try a sandwich too, but the cupcakes are my main goal.
We've eaten at every other TS restaurant at DHS, and with the 2 year old, I don't really want to go somewhere not in the park.

April 15th: Universal Day, so I got a reservation at Mythos. I don't really care either way on this one, except I know that we're going to need a slight break this day, because I doubt we'll plan on a break back at the hotel. We'll probably just stay until we run out of things to do sometime in the afternoon.

April 16th: Break Day
Ohana - 5:15pm
- this one is not negotiable. I've gotten ADRs on both trips that we've cancelled in the past 2 years. Then on the trip we went on in November 2010 my only option was late at night on arrival day, so I cancelled. It's on a day when we won't have park admission anyways, and it's late enough in the day that I doubt we'll care either way.
I'm also planning on keeping our rental car from when we go to Universal, so getting there won't be hard.
I suppose it's possible that we may decide to go to the Magic Kingdom this day, and have our break day the next, but that won't really change anything either.

April 17th: Magic Kingdom
- No ADRs. We've eaten at all the TS places here, except Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern.
Crystal Palace would be nice, except DS isn't really into Pooh, so I'm not really willing to spend the money.
The menu of Liberty Tree Tavern doesn't appeal to DH or I at all.
We haven't eaten at many of the CS places at the Magic Kingdom, so I don't mind not having a TS here.
Lunch will likely be Be Our Guest, unless I can score a TS ADR for dinner.

April 18th: Animal Kingdom (morning) Epcot (afternoon)
Tusker House - 9:45am
Restaurant Marrakesh - 5:45pm
DH and I did Tusker House breakfast on our honeymoon, so I'm not really anxious to go there again, but it's an in park meal with "Flow" and "dahna Duck." I would do lunch, but we have the ADR at Marrakesh for dinner, and I doubt we'll be really hungry enough if we eat too late. I don't want to push the dinner back too much, because we're planning on sticking to DS's bedtime as much as possible. I probably could push it back an hour or so. The other issue is that DH HAS to get Fish & Chips every time we go to Epcot. If we do breakfast again at Tusker House, then he can get his Fish & Chips as soon as we get to Epcot, and knowing my husband, he'll be hungry again by the time we get to Marrakesh. If we do lunch, it will be pushing it.
(I doubt my sister will like Marrakesh, but DH and I decided that she can deal with one meal that wouldn't be her choice. Worst case scenario, she sits with us for an hour while we eat, then we go get her something somewhere else.)

April 19th: Last Park Day.
Chef Mickeys - 7:00am or 10:45am
- I'm tentatively planning on rope drop at Epcot, then hopping over to the Magic Kingdom, but it really depends on which park we feel we missed the most in. I expect that will be Epcot, as we won't have been there for Rope Drop yet, but I don't actually know. If we do Tusker House the day before, we won't do Chef Mickey's.
Tusker House
PROS: In the park and slightly cheaper
CONS: We've done it before, we'll be cutting into prime park touring time, and we risk being "overfed" that day.
Chef Mickeys
PROS: We can do it before any park opens for the day and it's somewhere we've never eaten before
CONS: More expensive, and convincing DH that we need to wake up that early will be difficult. The 10:45 would only really be possible if we do Rope Drop at the Magic Kingdom again OR sleep in a bit.

April 20th: Departure Day
The same at the arrival day. Since we don't know when we'll be leaving, I don't know what to plan on. I also know we'll probably spend any morning we may have packing.

The other variable is that we are planning on a "date night" while my sister watches DH. I'm considering Victoria & Albert's (which has availability pretty much every night during our trip) but I'm not sure about spending the money. I'm thinking that we'll probably put it during the evening, after we go to Universal, so we can use the rental car to get there, and it will be easier for us to get back should they run into any problems.
The only signature dining we've done is Jikos, Cinderella's Royal Table, and the Hollywood Brown Derby. I just don't know where to go? Should we splurge and do Victoria & Albert's? Should we save some money and go somewhere else? Should we eat somewhere much less expensive and do another activity as a couple (ie. it might be fun to do the Seas Aqua tour at Epcot)?
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 01-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #2377
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I am out of control with the custom outfits for DD. At first I figured 1 or 2. Now I'm going for 1 for each day. And I can't be simple and just pick a design that someone's already done, I have to like 1 aspect of 1 design and another aspect of another design, and then mix them all together and come up with my own thing. God only knows what they'll look like in the end, lol.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #2378
jenhum
Earning My Ears

Anyone else notice that Mad Tea Party will be closed for rehab starting on 4/10? Kind of a bummer, but at least it isn't one of the main attractions. My fingers are crossed that there won't be many more closed in April! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #2379
jenhum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain

Is anyone else excited about the Flower & Garden festival?
I thought it was just the gorgeous topiaries. I didn't realize they have themed play areas for kids. I guess they're adding food kiosks this year, as well.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guide...wer-garden.htm
Whoa, and presentations by HGTV stars? I love HGTV!
I am super excited for my mom. She is so into gardening. In fact, I think I may cancel our DD dinner ressie on our Epcot day so we don't have to rush out of the park! I'm sure it'll be beautiful. And DD will love the Sully and Mike topiaries!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #2380
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

We can't wait for the F&G festival. DH and I were there at the very beginning of it in 2011 and it was incredible. Yippee!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #2381
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Joining the group!

Hi - we are taking our first family trip this coming April! The last time I was there was 1989, and DH's last trip even before that. DD (10) and DS (8) first trip. My inlaws gave us the trip for Christmas! We are still in shock
I have not been reading the boards too long, so I will probably mess up some abbreviations

We are staying at POR April 15-21. We have the DDP, and are getting the photopass so Nana and Grandpa can see our trip. So far (I keep checking back for better meal times - almost have it perfect), our ADR's are:
April 16 8:20am Crystal Palace
April 17 (DH's 40th birthday!) 12:25 Tusker House, 6:10 Biergarten
April 18 5:40pm Chef Mickey
April 19 5:15 Tutto Italia
April 20 6:55 Kouzzina
Happy to hear anyone's comments or advise about this schedule.
Looking forward to reading this thread and hearing about everyone's plans!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #2382
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhum View Post
Anyone else notice that Mad Tea Party will be closed for rehab starting on 4/10? Kind of a bummer, but at least it isn't one of the main attractions. My fingers are crossed that there won't be many more closed in April! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
First I was like and then I was like and ... and then I was like .

At least I'm most likely going back next year, since I'll be much closer.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #2383
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

that's a bummer about the Tea Party, although you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go on it (motion sickness). Maybe they'll cancel or push it back a few weeks; they do that sometimes. It's not even on the official WDW TA website
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #2384
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
that's a bummer about the Tea Party, although you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go on it (motion sickness). Maybe they'll cancel or push it back a few weeks; they do that sometimes. It's not even on the official WDW TA website
It has already been pushed a few times. It was supposed to be closed now actually, so we'll see. I'm fine with it being closed. DH doesn't do spinning rides (or he's DONE for the day), so that takes that one out of the equation! My girls always LOVE that one, but I hate it when the family is split up.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #2385
DisneyBum303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Should we splurge and do Victoria & Albert's? Should we save some money and go somewhere else? Should we eat somewhere much less expensive and do another activity as a couple (ie. it might be fun to do the Seas Aqua tour at Epcot)?
FWIW, I think the Seas Aqua tour would be amazing! For me, vacation is the time to do things you can't really do at home. I can eat at a fancy restaurant anytime (well, as the paycheck to bills ratio allows), but the Seas Aqua tour is strictly Orlando. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: