Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #2356
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!
I'm really hoping to make an April trip work this year, so I'm checking in here!

Our last trip to Disney was in November 2010, so I'm really antsy for the next one. April seems to be a possibility.

It will be me, DH, DS (2 1/2) and my college age sister. The goal is to make reservations at POFQ for April 13-20, but we're still waiting for DH to get the leave.
We'll be getting the Armed Forces Salute tickets and we're planning on a day at Universal (never done it before, so we're excited). This will also be the first trip that I've managed to fit in an entire "rest" day. DH is really excited about that. I'm excited that my sister is coming with so I have company when I don't want to "rest."

One of the main goals of this trip is to get another "free" trip in for DS before he turns 3. He was only 3 months old on our last trip, so this trip will be very different.

I've made a few ADRs in anticipation:
Mama Melrose - the last table service place at DHS where we haven't eaten
Victoria & Albert's - I'm really not sure about this one, but I do know I want to do a "night out" with DH, since we're bringing a babysitter. V&A seems the obvious choice, but I'm having a hard time committing to spending the money.
Ohana (dinner) - We've done breakfast, but I've heard wonderful things about dinner.
Via Napoli

I'm probably going to cancel either Mama Melrose or Via Napoli, but I can't decide which one. Dining for this trip has proved a little more difficult, because my sister is coming. I keep looking at menus and realizing that she probably wouldn't like anything on them. If I do cancel either, I'm not sure if I'll replace them with anything.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #2357
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

As per the DH discussion, mine loves Disney, but doesn't really get involved in the planning... which is why I get on here...
I think I drove him completely crazy planning our honeymoon, because that was over a year in the making (I started planning the Disneymoon before he even proposed - don't worry, we had already been together for almost 2 years at the time) so I've tried to limit my Disney talk quite a bit since. Granted, I haven't had the luxury of planning for as long either...

I am excited that my little sister is coming on this trip, because I think she'll entertain some Disney planning conversation, and since she lives over 1000 miles away she has a significant buffer, and won't have to entertain me every time I decide to change some minor detail of the trip.
Though...I did call her 3 times last week, when I decided we were going to be able to fit in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. In my defense, she didn't answer the first two times and I HAD to tell her, because I knew she'd be excited.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #2358
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

Hubs tolerate some Disney discussion. He'd never pick it for a vacation though. I'd typically never suggest it either. I'm surprised I got the trip out of him in 2009. This one was not my doing. His Dad is planning and paying for the whole family. So, he feels obligated. Otherwise, goodness knows where I'd be planning a vacation to. lol

Everyone else that's going with us, his Dad included, is 2-4 hours away. We're not really close; so, we don't talk call each other up and talk plans. We message each other on facebook occasionally, typically when they have questions as most of them have ever gone. *gasp*

It'll be interesting, to say the least.

WDW
October 1987: Fort Wilderness
March 2000: Off Site
August 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2010: Off Site
April 2013: Pop Century

WDL
August 2004: Off Site
Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #2359
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Hey everyone!
I'm really hoping to make an April trip work this year, so I'm checking in here!

Our last trip to Disney was in November 2010, so I'm really antsy for the next one. April seems to be a possibility.

It will be me, DH, DS (2 1/2) and my college age sister. The goal is to make reservations at POFQ for April 13-20, but we're still waiting for DH to get the leave.
The last time we were there was Nov. 2010 also. Three days of rain (all three times we have pulled into our resort parking lot it is pouring and they always say, "Oh, it hasn't rained here in so long, we really need the rain,") followed by three days of cold and wind, and finally our last four days were the beautiful Florida weather I was expecting.

We'll be at POFQ the 15 -26. Hopefully we don't bring the rain with us again.

If you have dates and times for your ADRs, I can update the ADR post with that info if you want me to.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #2360
MoukyMouse
Mouseketeer

See Ya In April!

My family (me, DH, & 2DS) will be on a split vacation in April.

4/19-4/21 at WDW staying at POP
4/21-4/24 DCL Dream to Bahamas/CC
4/24-4/26 back at WDW & POP

Both sons will be celebrating their birthdays & they wanted a cruise! It will be their 1st cruise ever!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #2361
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I think I drove him completely crazy planning our honeymoon, because that was over a year in the making (I started planning the Disneymoon before he even proposed -
d.
omg, you should have seen my honeymoon binder....it was one of those 4" thick ones, lol. it was a 3 week long trip that involved a week in tahiti, a week on a cruise and a week in CA......you can't imagine the amount of stuff I had going on in that binder, lol. And then......... I totally forgot to bring it with us!!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #2362
wheelerkidz3
Come on over and join us!!

hi! we are visiting in april also. we will be there from march 31-april 7. our family is staying at akl-kidani village and we are getting very excited but nervous too! crowd levels have me a bit concerned because we usually only visit the parks during slow seasons. hoping to have a great trip anyways!!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #2363
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Lime Green Mickey Heads

Time to start talking Lime Green Mickey Heads -- LGMH, the unofficial secret DISser identifier.

So, how many of you are doing this: ?

If you don't know what a LGMH is, check the DIS. The most recent thread I found is this one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2984199 .

I always put one in our car window, one in our room window, and attach one to whatever bag I am carrying / wearing that day.

If I see you with one, I WILL say Hi. If you see me, you better say Hi!

Last edited by pwdebbie; 01-24-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Trying to LGMH all caps in title, won't let me; also fixed the link.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #2364
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie
Time to start talking Lime Green Mickey Heads, the unofficial secret DISser identifier.

If you don't know what a LMGH is, check the DIS. The most recent thread I found is this one: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45986761 .

I always put one in our car window, one in our room window, and attach one to whatever bag I am carrying / wearing that day.

I didn't even know about this! But now that I do, I think I'll make a lime green Mickey head to attach to my camera bag

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #2365
mickey1510
Earning My Ears

We're staying at the poly April 7 - 13. First trip to WDW with the kids. We're all very excited.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #2366
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

so guys.................... January is ALMOST OVER!!!! One more week and we'll be into February!

It seems like xmas just ended and I was depressed thinking about long i was going to take to get thru January but it actually went pretty quickly. Hopefully Feb. and March will fly too (doubtful.....March is a killer).

Still haven't spilled the beans to the kids yet though! I'm hoping I can keep my lips zipped through February..... I'll need their excitement and anticipation to help me get thru March.

Still having our weekly Disney movie nights; so far we've watched:

Lady & the Tramp
Alice in Wonderland
Cinderella

We put all the names in a big cup and they take turns picking one out. DS picked this morning for Saturday's movie and it's going to be Bambi.

They kept trying to add non-Disney movies in there like Shrek, Scooby Doo, Coraline, lol. I told them it's only Disney as we need to watch all the movies again to see if we still like Disney and once we get through them all, we can decide if we ever want to go back.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #2367
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
omg, you should have seen my honeymoon binder....it was one of those 4" thick ones, lol. it was a 3 week long trip that involved a week in tahiti, a week on a cruise and a week in CA......you can't imagine the amount of stuff I had going on in that binder, lol. And then......... I totally forgot to bring it with us!!
My binder was only an overflowing 1/2 inch one, but I had tons of planning spreadsheets. All the planning was totally worth it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Time to start talking Lime Green Mickey Heads -- LGMH, the unofficial secret DISser identifier.

If you don't know what a LGMH is, check the DIS. The most recent thread I found is this one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2984199 .

I always pick some up, but don't follow through in actually displaying them. Maybe this will be the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
so guys.................... January is ALMOST OVER!!!! One more week and we'll be into February!

It seems like xmas just ended and I was depressed thinking about long i was going to take to get thru January but it actually went pretty quickly. Hopefully Feb. and March will fly too (doubtful.....March is a killer).

Still haven't spilled the beans to the kids yet though! I'm hoping I can keep my lips zipped through February..... I'll need their excitement and anticipation to help me get thru March.

Still having our weekly Disney movie nights; so far we've watched:

Lady & the Tramp
Alice in Wonderland
Cinderella

We put all the names in a big cup and they take turns picking one out. DS picked this morning for Saturday's movie and it's going to be Bambi.

They kept trying to add non-Disney movies in there like Shrek, Scooby Doo, Coraline, lol. I told them it's only Disney as we need to watch all the movies again to see if we still like Disney and once we get through them all, we can decide if we ever want to go back.
That's fun. Since it's only me, DH, and the 2 year old, I doubt Disney movie night would go over very well. DS got upset this morning because I put on Cars, instead of Cars 2.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #2368
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkidz3 View Post
hi! we are visiting in april also. we will be there from march 31-april 7. our family is staying at akl-kidani village and we are getting very excited but nervous too! crowd levels have me a bit concerned because we usually only visit the parks during slow seasons. hoping to have a great trip anyways!!
It will be fine! Just get to the parks early and take breaks. My dad and I will be there at the same time!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #2369
Disney Dad Ga
Earning My Ears

Just asked to join the group. Going 4/20-4/26. AoA Cars suite. Me, Dw, DS2, my mom and dad, brother sister in law and niece. Brother, wife and niece staying at POP. ADR T-Rex 4/20 at 6:30. Chef Mickey 8:30 on 4/22. Crowds seem pretty good. Am I missing something?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #2370
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dad Ga View Post
Just asked to join the group. Going 4/20-4/26. AoA Cars suite. Me, Dw, DS2, my mom and dad, brother sister in law and niece. Brother, wife and niece staying at POP. ADR T-Rex 4/20 at 6:30. Chef Mickey 8:30 on 4/22. Crowds seem pretty good. Am I missing something?
Perhaps more ADRs?

As for the crowds, the further we get from Easter, the lower the crowds will be.

I noticed that AliceRoyal and her mom will also be at AoA Cars the same time you are there.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: