Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #2341
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
When it comes to a hubby's involvement, I'm not sure what is worse...one that doesn't want to be involved or one that has "moments" of involvement...my DH loves Disney but trusts that I will make plans that he is happy with. When I tell him :
one that wants to be over-involved would be worst for me, because I'm a control freak. I like to be 100% in charge when it comes to vacations (well.....when it comes to everything, really. ) so I would absolutely HATE if I had to let someone else be part of the decision making. So that would be a nightmare for me. The flip side is having one who isn't at ALL interested in planning.....which is fine for me, but it would be nice to get an enthusiastic head nod or something every once in a while, lol.

I guess worst of all would be one who hates it and refuses to go, so I guess we should all be thankful we don't have one of those!

My DH will have a blast when he's there; the planning just doesn't interest him in the least. I couldn't get him to go every year though; I think every other year may be pushing the limits. But that's fine because my kids are old enough now that I would be ok with going myself with (one of) them. Like me and ODS went last year and I think me and YDD will go next year. I can't take them both alone yet b/c there's a lot of rides YDD won't go on so that would be no fun for ODS to have to miss out (he wouldn't go by himself probably).
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #2342
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
one that wants to be over-involved would be worst for me, because I'm a control freak. I like to be 100% in charge when it comes to vacations (well.....when it comes to everything, really. ) so I would absolutely HATE if I had to let someone else be part of the decision making. So that would be a nightmare for me. The flip side is having one who isn't at ALL interested in planning.....which is fine for me, but it would be nice to get an enthusiastic head nod or something every once in a while, lol.

I guess worst of all would be one who hates it and refuses to go, so I guess we should all be thankful we don't have one of those!

My DH will have a blast when he's there; the planning just doesn't interest him in the least. I couldn't get him to go every year though; I think every other year may be pushing the limits. But that's fine because my kids are old enough now that I would be ok with going myself with (one of) them. Like me and ODS went last year and I think me and YDD will go next year. I can't take them both alone yet b/c there's a lot of rides YDD won't go on so that would be no fun for ODS to have to miss out (he wouldn't go by himself probably).
Yeah, after 4 (lengthy) trips in 3.5 years, I have promised DH a non-Disney vacation next year.
We are looking at Atlantis and the Dominican Republic...the kids vote is for Atlantis of course!

Although, he keeps asking me if I'm sure, and if I'll be ok....
So, we may just end up at Disney again next year!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #2343
Britta1
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Shula's is supposed to be very good for steak. It is more expensive than Le Cellier. I love steak too. Here are other places I've considered:
Le Cellier -- Filet Mignon, $43.00
Narcoossee's -- Filet Mignon, $45.00
Olivia's -- NY Strip, $29.99
Shula's -- Filet Mignon, $49.00 -- This is just for the steak, you pay more for each vegetable or other side.
Turf Club Bar and Grill -- NY Strip, $31.49
Yachtsman Steakhouse -- Filet Mignon, $41.00; NY Strip, $44.00

I suggest you go read reviews at All Ears website. I find them really helpful. We are doing Le Cellier because it is dh's favorite. Got to give the man his must-dos since he agrees to let me go to WDW.
Thank you for the steakhouse suggestions. I will head to allears to read some dinning reviews for Yachtsman and the others.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #2344
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
A man after my own heart.....I could happily eat shellfish at every single meal.. occasionally throw in a piece of beef and i'd be in heaven. I could go without chicken or pasta for the rest of my life.....unfortunately chicken & pasta is what my wallet usually allows me to eat, lol

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
Well then, tell me -- Where do you get scallops and / or shrimp at WDW? I'm watching the Teppan Edo video and if I'm counting correctly, I see six shrimp cooked each time. SIX???? That's an appetizer, not a meal. I regularly cook up two pounds for us every week or so of the 26 - 31 count. We don't eat them all at one sitting -- there are enough leftover to make shrimp salad. But I can't imagine putting six shrimp down in front of dh and telling him that's his meal. Oh my!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #2345
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well then, tell me -- Where do you get scallops and / or shrimp at WDW? I'm watching the Teppan Edo video and if I'm counting correctly, I see six shrimp cooked each time. SIX???? That's an appetizer, not a meal. I regularly cook up two pounds for us every week or so of the 26 - 31 count. We don't eat them all at one sitting -- there are enough leftover to make shrimp salad. But I can't imagine putting six shrimp down in front of dh and telling him that's his meal. Oh my!
ha ha, yeah that's disappointing......but I usually am disappointed in the amount on a plate, unless it's like a fried clam platter type of thing.
I'm no help when it comes to WDW, the majority of the tS meals I do are character buffets so you know we're not getting the best food, lol.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #2346
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen12573 View Post
I'm laughing at myself because aside from our 1st and 3rd day in WDW, I'm attempting to change almost everything.

3/31 arrival day for everyone (10am for me and DH, noon for my brother, 2pm for my parents.)
Park: Animal Kingdom
Dinner: Narcoossee's @7:15

4/1
Park: planned for DHS, changing to Epcot
Breakfast: planned for Chef Mickey's, changing to 1900 Park Fare
Dinner: planned for Brown Derby, changing to Flying Fish or Yachtsman Steakhouse

4/2
Park: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Citricos

4/3 departure day for my brother, 4pm flight, 1-ish for DME
Park: planned Epcot, changing to DHS
Breakfast: planned for 1900 Park Fare, changing to Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe
Dinner: DH and me, Hoop Dee Doo Review, mom and pop on their own

I think we need a full day at Epcot together instead of DHS. This is a trip focused on Mom (celebrating her retirement), she will love the Flower & Garden Festival, we all love TT and Soarin', Mom isn't really a ride person and she loves World Showcase. DH and I love DHS, but we're staying extra days so we'll go there on our last day for AM EMH.

WHEW!!!
I think giving your mom all day in Epcot is a great idea.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #2347
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

I think giving your mom all day in Epcot is a great idea.
We just got off the phone and she loves the idea. All ADRs changed, and park plans are all figured out. Dad is also very excited for steak at Yachtsman's, they've never been there. That is dinner on our Epcot day. Yay!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #2348
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Six shrimp? We have a hibachi place in town and they give you at least double that if that's all you order...if you get a combo (like steak and shrimp), you'll only get six, which makes sense as they give you the same amount of the other meat, but if Disney thinks they can get away with tiny portions like that...good thing we're not going there!

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #2349
DelaneyJ
Mouseketeer

I would like to join the group. We just switched our trip from June to April!!! So excited that my ticker has dropped to double digits.

We are staying at the POLY from April 7-12. Can't wait
Here are my ADRS (subject to change again)

MK Day - Ohana Dinner
EPCOT Day - Coral Reef Dinner
HS Day - Still undecided, what should we do??????
MK Day - 1900 Park Fare - Dinner
AK Day - Yak & Yeti Dinner

BTW... Our family includes: Me (38), DH (39), DS (5), DD (3 1/2)
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #2350
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyJ
I would like to join the group. We just switched our trip from June to April!!! So excited that my ticker has dropped to double digits.

We are staying at the POLY from April 7-12. Can't wait
Here are my ADRS (subject to change again)

MK Day - Ohana Dinner
EPCOT Day - Coral Reef Dinner
HS Day - Still undecided, what should we do??????
MK Day - 1900 Park Fare - Dinner
AK Day - Yak & Yeti Dinner

BTW... Our family includes: Me (38), DH (39), DS (5), DD (3 1/2)
Sci Fi Drive-in at DHS fun. Your 5 year old would probably get a kick out of it.
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #2351
DisneyBum303
Mouseketeer

April 20 - 27

My 69 yr old Mom and I will be taking our annual Mother-Daughter 4/20-4/27. I'm so excited !! We are staying at AoA and I can't wait to see it up close. This will be our first trip since she was diagnosed with Diabetes t2 so we aren't sure how that will impact our trip. But I have been studying diabetes threads on here, so we will handle whatever comes up. So if any of you see a couple of old broads hanging around AoA, come over and say hi!!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #2352
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBum303 View Post
My 69 yr old Mom and I will be taking our annual Mother-Daughter 4/20-4/27. I'm so excited !! We are staying at AoA and I can't wait to see it up close. This will be our first trip since she was diagnosed with Diabetes t2 so we aren't sure how that will impact our trip. But I have been studying diabetes threads on here, so we will handle whatever comes up. So if any of you see a couple of old broads hanging around AoA, come over and say hi!!
We're staying at the same resort at the same time! Do you know what section? We'll be in the Cars building.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #2353
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Welcome!

We'll be AOA for some overlap as well. Nemo section. (The boys picked it!)

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #2354
emhoyes
Earning My Ears

We are planning 4/08-4/12 at ASMo. This will be m first trip as a mother with my DD4, DS7 and DS13. We are coming the week after Spring Break here at home. But I'm wondering if anyone knows when Orlando Spring Break is scheduled for this year.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #2355
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i believe spring break for most of the country is in march
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: