Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #2311
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
And we're staying at the same resort too! What a coincidence! I'll be the girl with the bright red hair.
And I will be the one in the banana costume, bouncing up and down!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #2312
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBarb View Post
70 days!! 68 days til FL! (We're spending a couple days in Ft Myers with the ILs) It's really just kind of like 2 months, right?!
2 months sounds good to me. My countdown app says 83 days so you must be going........March 31st?
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #2313
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBarb
70 days!! 68 days til FL! (We're spending a couple days in Ft Myers with the ILs) It's really just kind of like 2 months, right?!
We will be there for Easter as well, through 4/5. We'll "see" you there. I'll be the crazy one dragging my husband, mom, dad and brother in tow!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #2314
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Is it April yet???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #2315
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears

hi all, I was just wondering what some of you do on departure day, my flight isn't until 3

Sent from my Xoom using DISBoards
Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #2316
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britta1 View Post
Hi pwdebbie;

I just noticed you have me down for April 15-25 @ POP and April 16-22 @ POFQ

The second is correct! (You do such a great job of keeping everything so organized- its awesome!)

I knew that sooner or later someone would find themselves twice! I try to double check but some things just have a way of being missed.

Hubby also wants to try Le Cellier, but I keep telling him we aren't going all the way to Florida to eat in Canada! lol (we're from south of Calgary, Alberta) but I may be convinced to give it a try... I am a steak kinda girl and theirs looks WONDERFUL! Is there any other good restaurants for steak in the World?

88 more days until we celebrate our Honeymoon in Disney!!
Shula's is supposed to be very good for steak. It is more expensive than Le Cellier. I love steak too. Here are other places I've considered:
Le Cellier -- Filet Mignon, $43.00
Narcoossee's -- Filet Mignon, $45.00
Olivia's -- NY Strip, $29.99
Shula's -- Filet Mignon, $49.00 -- This is just for the steak, you pay more for each vegetable or other side.
Turf Club Bar and Grill -- NY Strip, $31.49
Yachtsman Steakhouse -- Filet Mignon, $41.00; NY Strip, $44.00

I suggest you go read reviews at All Ears website. I find them really helpful. We are doing Le Cellier because it is dh's favorite. Got to give the man his must-dos since he agrees to let me go to WDW.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #2317
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh4hart View Post
hi all, I was just wondering what some of you do on departure day, my flight isn't until 3

Well, since we are sneaking out a couple of days before our actual school vacation week, on a Thursday....my DD8 will actually be going to school for most of the day. Our school doesn't like taking kids out for vacation but they don't say anything to you until they are out for over 2 days so she'll do a half day that Thursday...her teacher has agreed to give her all of her tests that day (she's an awesome student) and then we'll pick her up and wait for the limo to Boston!!!

While she is in school that day, I'm sure well do last minute packing checks. Our limo is coming at 1:30 to get us to Boston for 2:30. Our flight leaves at 5:30 pm, so we are going to have dinner at Boston Beer Works in our terminal...

But I haven't planned this all out yet...

ETA: that was for our flight down...I think you were talking about the last day in Disney??? That day we'll do some more parks since our flight doesn't go back home until 9:30 pm. We won't have to be on magical express until 6:30 pm so we really have a whole day for shopping, playing and fun!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #2318
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh4hart

Our last day in Disney is: get up by 5am, finish packing, check in our bags with Magical Express, head to the park that has morning EMH, hit the rides we want and then head over to have one more character meal for a 10:30 breakfast. Then, if we have time, back to the park or back to the resort to pick up something to take to the airport for lunch/dinner. It's our last day routine every time we go.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #2319
filluzzi
Earning My Ears

Day of Trip - Whhat we do.

Since we are leaving out of Boston two families will come in from their homes outside of Boston and stay overnight at a hotel to meet at my daughter's house in the morning. Hopefully all our luggage and people(11) will fit into two cars(legally and safely of course) to drive to airport. That should be an interesting site for the neighbors to watch. The first day is so exciting. Always ends up being a long day as we plan to see the fireworks at Epcot that night as well. Who said vacations were relaxing??
Old 01-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #2320
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen12573

Our last day in Disney is: get up by 5am, finish packing, check in our bags with Magical Express, head to the park that has morning EMH, hit the rides we want and then head over to have one more character meal for a 10:30 breakfast. Then, if we have time, back to the park or back to the resort to pick up something to take to the airport for lunch/dinner. It's our last day routine every time we go.
this sounds like a plan. I did manage to get an 8:30am adr at kona cafe, the Tonga toast looks very tempting. then I will hit a mk for one final ride.... I don't get to go to WDW very often so I will try to squeeze every ounce of Pixie dust that I can.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #2321
DanaMark3
Earning My Ears

hi everyone!!

I am happy to announce I will be joining the april 2013 trip thread!! Every year we have went we have done April/may trip. Its our fav time to go!! We were supposed to take this year off(hubby wants a break, he is crazy) BUT once we realized all the factors that raise our trip price next year( ds turning 9, having to pay for baby, and not being able to get a standard room as a family of 5) we decided to just take the plunge and enjoy this year bc its not going to happen as often as it always has for us bc of money..booooo

So I would love to join in on the convo!! I don't have our dates set in stone yet bc we are paying for our trip with income tax money( cmon w2 form!!) So once I know that I will def get back with exact dates and hotel. We are hoping to try AOA this year. Hoping there will be LM rooms available with booking last minute. If not we will prob go back to ASMo bc that is our fav

I am so impatient though, every year we have booked it is literally always a last minute thing so I don't have a long countdown. This is actually the earliest we have said ok its a definite thing. I don't know how you lal do it planning so far out..i want april here now!!

Anyway that's my info for now and looking forward to being here for the countdown with you all!
2009-POP
2010-ASMo
2012-ASMo
April 2013!!! to be announced
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #2322
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMark3 View Post
hi everyone!!

I am happy to announce I will be joining the april 2013 trip thread!! Every year we have went we have done April/may trip. Its our fav time to go!! We were supposed to take this year off(hubby wants a break, he is crazy) BUT once we realized all the factors that raise our trip price next year( ds turning 9, having to pay for baby, and not being able to get a standard room as a family of 5) we decided to just take the plunge and enjoy this year bc its not going to happen as often as it always has for us bc of money..booooo

So I would love to join in on the convo!! I don't have our dates set in stone yet bc we are paying for our trip with income tax money( cmon w2 form!!) So once I know that I will def get back with exact dates and hotel. We are hoping to try AOA this year. Hoping there will be LM rooms available with booking last minute. If not we will prob go back to ASMo bc that is our fav

I am so impatient though, every year we have booked it is literally always a last minute thing so I don't have a long countdown. This is actually the earliest we have said ok its a definite thing. I don't know how you lal do it planning so far out..i want april here now!!

Anyway that's my info for now and looking forward to being here for the countdown with you all!

I'll add you to the first post under "We don't know our dates yet" and I'll move you as soon as you make your reservation.

I've been planning this trip since we got home from our April 2009 trip. Originally it was planned for our 35th anniversary in April 2012 but we had to cancel it a week before leaving. So we decided to shoot for our 36th anniversary. I guess that makes me having been in planning mode for this trip for four years (although we did have an unexpected trip in Nov. 2010 as a gift from my deceased mil which was planned in just a little over two months).
Old 01-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #2323
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

I'm laughing at myself because aside from our 1st and 3rd day in WDW, I'm attempting to change almost everything.

3/31 arrival day for everyone (10am for me and DH, noon for my brother, 2pm for my parents.)
Park: Animal Kingdom
Dinner: Narcoossee's @7:15

4/1
Park: planned for DHS, changing to Epcot
Breakfast: planned for Chef Mickey's, changing to 1900 Park Fare
Dinner: planned for Brown Derby, changing to Flying Fish or Yachtsman Steakhouse

4/2
Park: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Citricos

4/3 departure day for my brother, 4pm flight, 1-ish for DME
Park: planned Epcot, changing to DHS
Breakfast: planned for 1900 Park Fare, changing to Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe
Dinner: DH and me, Hoop Dee Doo Review, mom and pop on their own

I think we need a full day at Epcot together instead of DHS. This is a trip focused on Mom (celebrating her retirement), she will love the Flower & Garden Festival, we all love TT and Soarin', Mom isn't really a ride person and she loves World Showcase. DH and I love DHS, but we're staying extra days so we'll go there on our last day for AM EMH.

WHEW!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #2324
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link to the FB group. I wish I were going in April but I'm actually trying to help my friend. She is pretty overwhelmed with the Disboards so I'm hoping the FB group will be easier for her to deal with Thanks guys !! I sent her the link. Trying to make a May trip work for us but might have to wait till october! April is a FABULOUS time to go though!!

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #2325
tlkgt76
"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh4hart View Post

Waiting at Orlando airport is actually not too bad. It's like a little mall in there. I've scored some good deals on Harley Davidson sweatshirts. lol

Since we take our daughter out of school for trips, we've spent the time getting homework caught up too.
ASM - September 2009
Pop/AKL - December 2011
Disney Dream/Poly/CBR-Pirate - March/April 2013
Disneyland Hotel - September 2014

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: