Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #2266
jad215
Mouseketeer

99 days until we board the auto train! So excited to finally get to double digits!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #2267
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad215 View Post
99 days until we board the auto train! So excited to finally get to double digits!
How exciting!!! I have a few more days until I can do the double digit dance, and I am already so excited!
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #2268
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Today we finally reached the double digits! Finally!

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #2269
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

I know I should be excited now that we are well into the double-digits, but it's actually making me a little sad

I am so used to going in June, right after school is out, and I am afraid this April trip is going to sneak up on me before I've had a chance to get myself really "ready" for it! The planning and anticipation is so much of the fun, and I keep feeling like I'm just going to wake up one day and it will be time to go, before I've had a chance to appreciate the lead-up to it.

On our other big trips, which were almost 2 months later in the year, by this time we had already started our Disney movie nights every week, I had our binder all printed and ready, our daily schedule and ADRs practically memorized, and thought of little else during most days, lol! Even though I've done everything that "needs" to be done at this point, I feel way behind where I should be.

We are leaving next week for our annual ski trip, maybe after I get that behind me I can really focus on Disney, and do my usual obsessing. It just doesn't seem real that it's only a little over 3 months away. I keep thinking I have to get through the whole semester first!

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly, Hilton GVC | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014: POR | Dec 2014 - WL | July 2015 - ASMusic | Nov 2015 - FW Campground
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #2270
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
I know I should be excited now that we are well into the double-digits, but it's actually making me a little sad

I am so used to going in June, right after school is out, and I am afraid this April trip is going to sneak up on me before I've had a chance to get myself really "ready" for it! The planning and anticipation is so much of the fun, and I keep feeling like I'm just going to wake up one day and it will be time to go, before I've had a chance to appreciate the lead-up to it.

On our other big trips, which were almost 2 months later in the year, by this time we had already started our Disney movie nights every week, I had our binder all printed and ready, our daily schedule and ADRs practically memorized, and thought of little else during most days, lol! Even though I've done everything that "needs" to be done at this point, I feel way behind where I should be.

We are leaving next week for our annual ski trip, maybe after I get that behind me I can really focus on Disney, and do my usual obsessing. It just doesn't seem real that it's only a little over 3 months away. I keep thinking I have to get through the whole semester first!
I think it's funny that you wrote this. I was just going to post last night that I think I am in my "pre-Disney funk"....

We all know about the "post-Disney depression", of course, but do any of you get a little funky before your trip??? I do.

It always happens a couple of months prior, and might even last a month, where I can't get really excited about the trip. It's like trying not to get emotionally attached to the idea of going in case something happens....it's silly, I know....but then inevitably, about a month before, I start getting all and and again....

I think it's because you get to a point where all of the planning is done, and you're just waiting.....

And I've hit that point....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #2271
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I actually get PRE Post-Disney Depression, usually about a month before the trip. I start thinking about how it will all be over soon and I actually feel depressed about the trip being over -- before it's even come!!
I swear I'm not crazy, lol. I just love my vacations and put a lot of time and effort into planning them. While actively planning this WDW vacation, I also have the following potential vacations swirling around in my head:

-this summer, thinking about CT or ME
- possibly a (extended) family trip to Vegas next April
- Kid-free/my b-day trip to WDW (mostly EP) this August with DH
- Mother/daughter WDW trip next year, maybe Jan-Feb(ish)

*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #2272
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

DISNEY MADE A LOT OF CHANGES TO THE APRIL CALENDAR!

Walt Disney World APRIL Operating Calendar (updated by Disney 1/11/2013)

What I have noted so far is that park hours are extended for my weeks (the third and fourth weeks of the month) at MK (with a second parade taking place AFTER Wishes), DHS, and AK.

I'm excited to see AK open until 8:00 p.m. (originally the closing time was 6:00 p.m.) most of my dates. I might just have to do some schedule rearranging now so that we hit AK in the evening.

Something I am not excited about (this is not related to the calendar, btw) is the new all-day menu at Le Cellier. I book both lunch and dinner at Le Cellier because we enjoy the nice dinner (this will be on our anniversary) but we also enjoyed the lighter lunch selections. Well, now those are gone. So either we will just do appetizers for lunch there or I will cancel our lunch reservation. Maybe it is time we try out Teppan Edo.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #2273
jad215
Mouseketeer

SWEET! Thanks for the info...now need to update my spreadsheet and see if any plans need to be modified!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #2274
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Can I ask where you found the updated calendar? My trip extends into May so I'd love to see if any of those days have changed.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #2275
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
DISNEY MADE A LOT OF CHANGES TO THE APRIL CALENDAR!

Walt Disney World APRIL Operating Calendar (updated by Disney 1/11/2013)

What I have noted so far is that park hours are extended for my weeks (the third and fourth weeks of the month) at MK (with a second parade taking place AFTER Wishes), DHS, and AK.

I'm excited to see AK open until 8:00 p.m. (originally the closing time was 6:00 p.m.) most of my dates. I might just have to do some schedule rearranging now so that we hit AK in the evening.

Something I am not excited about (this is not related to the calendar, btw) is the new all-day menu at Le Cellier. I book both lunch and dinner at Le Cellier because we enjoy the nice dinner (this will be on our anniversary) but we also enjoyed the lighter lunch selections. Well, now those are gone. So either we will just do appetizers for lunch there or I will cancel our lunch reservation. Maybe it is time we try out Teppan Edo.
Yay for the extended park hours!!!

I am also hoping for AK in the dark!!! Always wanted to ride Everest in the dark...now I will have to re-tool my plans!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #2276
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Can I ask where you found the updated calendar? My trip extends into May so I'd love to see if any of those days have changed.
Click the link then change "apr" in the address bar to "may" and you'll have the calendar. This works to get all the different months. Here you go for May:

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_may.pdf
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #2277
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Extended park hours means they expect it to be more crowded than they originally anticipated, so I'm not happy about that at all. I'm betting we will soon see updated (higher) crowd #s once they figure in these extended hours.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #2278
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yay for the extended park hours!!!

I am also hoping for AK in the dark!!! Always wanted to ride Everest in the dark...now I will have to re-tool my plans!
I'm not sure how dark it will be at 7:00 or later in April. Might still be pretty light. "Spring Forward" (the start of Daylight Saving Time) is March 10. Sunset on April 1 is about 7:45 p.m. and by the end of the month, it is 8:00 p.m. -- so we may see dusk but not actually dark.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #2279
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Extended park hours means they expect it to be more crowded than they originally anticipated, so I'm not happy about that at all. I'm betting we will soon see updated (higher) crowd #s once they figure in these extended hours.
My thought exactly. The promo must be working for them.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #2280
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I'm not sure how dark it will be at 7:00 or later in April. Might still be pretty light. "Spring Forward" (the start of Daylight Saving Time) is March 10. Sunset on April 1 is about 7:45 p.m. and by the end of the month, it is 8:00 p.m. -- so we may see dusk but not actually dark.
I'll take it.

We usually do AK 1/2 day, in the morning....might do night/dusk instead for a little different experience.

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: