Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #2221
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

Can I get a double digit dance!?! 99 days until we leave!! (Insert big massive smiley here)
Old 01-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #2222
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

look at my ticker --- down to "2 months......"

i keep looking at the calendar and thinking how unbearably far away it seems. March seems like an impossibly huge mountain that I' ll never be able to climb.
(dramatic much? lol)

Christmas was great to take my mind of it, but now I have nothing to keep my mind occupied
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #2223
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
We will also be at POR the same time ( we are 15th-25th), and we also have a DD(5)!! ( we actually have 2 other kids too, but they are older) We have done the trips with parents too, actually just this last one my parents went. We also are looking forward to a trip without anyone else this time.
Or last trip the in laws went to Universal for a day and then left a day before us... and those days to ourselves were refreshing! No worry about what my passive aggressive MIL wanted to do and catering our schedule around her, and the girls were so much more well behaved! They think they can get away with whatever they want around the grandparents! While it was nice having an extra set of hands and my husband and I could both ride "big kid" rides with our oldest together... I can't wait to be just us for the week!

Maybe we'll see ya at the pool one day!
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP

10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #2224
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
oh, duh...I thought you meant the same airport for some reason, lol.
Lol me too! I was thinking " Geez, another NH person?"

Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #2225
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

ok so a slight ticket dilemma here....I had added the hopper/waterpark option to our tickets for the first time ever. I am looking over our itinerary and starting to doubt it. We are so used to hitting one park per day, and just focusing on that. I thought having the hopper option we could split our days and do 2 parks each day for a 6 day ticket. I am thinking its going to be too much traveling back and forth and the transitions will end up ugly. Do I just knock it to a 7 day base? Then pay for a 1 day water park admission once we get there? Or should I just leave it and hope it works out? We were only planning on 1 day at Blizzard beach anyway...not numerous water park days. We have never done one. My DS 14 is excited, my DS 12 says he doesn't really want to go?? Any words of wisdom to sway me either way?
DS (14)
Lily
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #2226
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

IDK that much about the WP&M option......how many water park days were you getting with it -6? at any rate, if youre only planning to do 1 WP visit, i think it must be cheaper to just pay the 1- day admission, right? so i would for sure take that option off.......
as far as the hopper, it doesnt work for us now having young kids, but i might consider it when theyre older and have more stamina. i wish we could do it now because i would love to be able to go to the WS every night for dinner, but at this point we' re done by 5-6:00 for the most part.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
Old 01-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #2227
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

only wanted to do 1 day at BB. If I drop the waterpark option then I would also drop the hoppers?! I could never justify the cost to hop...but then they lowered the price if you combine both so I added it. My kids have never hopped, and yesterday younger son was looking at my disney "paper" and started to ask why are we going to epcot on a AK day? why can't we just stay there and do everything like we always do?" I tried to explain that we would still hit all the parks, just broken into split days! It didn't go over so well. Also wanted to add that originally we were booked at AOA, which besides the pools don't have much else, so the waterpark and hopper seemed like a great extra. Now we are booked at POR, where we have more options of things to do if we are done at the parks for the day. Is it still 55 for a 1 day admission to the WP? Thanks !
DS (14)
Lily
Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #2228
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefjp View Post
Can I get a double digit dance!?! 99 days until we leave!! (Insert big massive smiley here)
Woot!!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #2229
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
only wanted to do 1 day at BB. If I drop the waterpark option then I would also drop the hoppers?! I could never justify the cost to hop...but then they lowered the price if you combine both so I added it. My kids have never hopped, and yesterday younger son was looking at my disney "paper" and started to ask why are we going to epcot on a AK day? why can't we just stay there and do everything like we always do?" I tried to explain that we would still hit all the parks, just broken into split days! It didn't go over so well. Also wanted to add that originally we were booked at AOA, which besides the pools don't have much else, so the waterpark and hopper seemed like a great extra. Now we are booked at POR, where we have more options of things to do if we are done at the parks for the day. Is it still 55 for a 1 day admission to the WP? Thanks !
Don't do the water parks and more option...... if you are only going to do a water park for the day you wouldn't even have to pay the regular ticket price to get in, you can upgrade your park hopper passes to water park and more passes for one day only right at the front gate of the water parks or Disney Quest. Thats the advice the customer service woman gave us before our last visit and it worked out awesome. We went to Blizzard Beach and paid the one day difference between park hoppers and water parks and more and for the 5 of us it was only around 30 dollars.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #2230
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Jumping in here! We will be at WDW from April 8-13. Staying offsite for the first time...Windsor Hills. Our last trip was in 2009 so we are SO excited!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #2231
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

but that is if I still have hoppers right? I knew it was 55+ to make the tickets a hopper, 55+ to include WPM...but 79.00 to add both? see what I mean?So if I drop the Hopper/WPM and only want to get into BB for 1 day and we have 7 day base tickets....would it still be the full price 52.00 daily admission? or less?
DS (14)
Lily
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #2232
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

We'll be joining in on the fun too!!! Going to CBR Apr 2-6. We just booked last week after switching our DCL Fantasy cruise at the end of August to next August and instead going on a cruise on Oasis of the Seas this August, saving about $2k and applying that to book this hastily planned trip. Was absolutely thrilled to get a 4:30pm dinner ADR at 'Ohana on our arrival date - never thought that would be possible. Also was able to secure an early ADR for dinner at Via Napoli (DS's favorite)...so those have me doing this .

Those of you who are regulars for visiting WDW this time of year (all our previous trips have been between August and November), can anyone speak to how bad the crowds are the week following Easter? Josh (EasyWDW) lists overall crowd levels as a 9 all week . Had I looked at that before we booked, I may have reconsidered. So I'm hoping someone with experience going the week after Easter can reassure me it won't be so bad.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #2233
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
but that is if I still have hoppers right? I knew it was 55+ to make the tickets a hopper, 55+ to include WPM...but 79.00 to add both? see what I mean?So if I drop the Hopper/WPM and only want to get into BB for 1 day and we have 7 day base tickets....would it still be the full price 52.00 daily admission? or less?
If you arent going to have hopper at all then paying full price to get in is probably going to be your only option since it would probably cost more to upgrade your tickets for the day from a base all the way to a water park and more.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #2234
KMarston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745
We'll be joining in on the fun too!!! Going to CBR Apr 2-6. We just booked last week after switching our DCL Fantasy cruise at the end of August to next August and instead going on a cruise on Oasis of the Seas this August, saving about $2k and applying that to book this hastily planned trip. Was absolutely thrilled to get a 4:30pm dinner ADR at 'Ohana on our arrival date - never thought that would be possible. Also was able to secure an early ADR for dinner at Via Napoli (DS's favorite)...so those have me doing this .

Those of you who are regulars for visiting WDW this time of year (all our previous trips have been between August and November), can anyone speak to how bad the crowds are the week following Easter? Josh (EasyWDW) lists overall crowd levels as a 9 all week . Had I looked at that before we booked, I may have reconsidered. So I'm hoping someone with experience going the week after Easter can reassure me it won't be so bad.
It's been several years since we've been. Last time the MK closed two or three times the week prior due to capacity. I was scared to death what the week following would be like. Crowds of 9-10 were expected. I chose our parks carefully and used Ridemax and it wasn't bad at all! Yes, it was busy but we toured hard first thing in the morning and played and shopped in the afternoon. One day it stormed and there was a mass exodus from MK on a night the park was open til one! We had the most fun! The park was empty! We rode rides over and over without getting off! I have a picture somewhere of my car in a very empty parking lot when we left!

We're headed back again this year for Easter Break! We'll have our plan in place. Only difference is DH will be there and he isn't the most patient person in the world!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #2235
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
i haven't gone that week, sorry. The TP crowd #s say 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, although the last 3 days if you look at the per-park #s, some of the parks go down to 4-6 on those days. so maybe you can hit those parks on those days, but the first 2 days will probably be crowded no matter which park you go to. I think I would hit the morning EMH parks on those days and be there at rope drop. the first few hours still shouldn't be too bad.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: