Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #2191
wannabemomma12
Earning My Ears
 
wannabemomma12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 49

Woohhooo double digits today!!! 99 days to go! Yippee
__________________
Me (25) DH (29) DNi (6) DNe (1)

First PTR First TR*Fail*

wannabemomma12 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #2192
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears
 
LexiC123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: city of 10 million dreams...and one parking space!
Posts: 2,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemomma12 View Post
Woohhooo double digits today!!! 99 days to go! Yippee
Same here! Can't wait to hit that Florida sunshine!
__________________
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....Next: 12/14 Swan
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel



.....
LexiC123 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #2193
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,658

Woo hoo! Tomorrow I enter the "80s".....

as of now: 90 days, 12 hours, 57 minutes, 35 seconds
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(11) , DD(7)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #2194
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,658

just booked our hotel by the (Manchester) airport for the night before our flight. Hope we're able to get to sleep early so we'll be (somewhat) well rested for our wake up call at 4:00 a.m.
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(11) , DD(7)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #2195
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran
 
anniebabymu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 630

My first post!

We booked our April 2013 trip right after Christmas! We'll be there April 16-23... and cannot wait! We took our first family trip (and my first trip ever!) to Disney last October and I had the biggest Disney hangover ever! We decided we needed to go again ASAP... without the in laws this time! We stayed at AoA in the LM rooms in October and fell in love with them. Decided to book there again, but then the room discounts came out! Since the standard rooms didn't qualify at AoA, we decided to change up our reservations and stay in a Royal Guest Room at POR instead! Can't wait!

Wanted to change up dining reservations this time so we're doing everything different than last trip, except Chef Mickey's (we loved it!). Did San Angel Inn (Epcot), CRT, Mama Melrose, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and Tusker House last trip. Reservations for this trip are... Dinner: The Plaza Restaurant, Dinner: Be Our Guest, Dinner: Akershus, Lunch: Via Napoli (Epcot), Dinner: Chef Mickey's, Dinner: 1900 Park Fare and Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine.

Absolutely CAN'T WAIT!! April 16th can't come soon enough! Especially since I can't talk about it with my DD's (5 and almost 2) because we're surprising them with this trip!!
__________________
October 2012: First Magical Family Trip (and my first trip ever!), AoA LM rooms, MNSSHP!
April 2013: 2nd Family Trip (and first surprise vacation!), POR RGR
May 2014: End of school celebration/3rd Birthday Trip, Pop Century
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP




10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
anniebabymu is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #2196
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,658

so, I have something blasphemous to report...... the kids don't know about the trip yet, but I still talk about WDW all the time with them under the premise that I'm a TA and I talk about what "my clients" have planned on their upcoming trips
So last night I said something about Expedition Everest and ODS (9.5) says [deep breath...... I don't know if I can repeat this without tearing up.......]:

"Disney, Disney, Disney! That's all you talk about!" *GASP!*

I know....... like a slap in the face, right? I gave him "the look" as if he had just uttered the most vile words possible, and I calmly said "fine, since you hate Disney so much I will never talk about it again with you." He then proceeded to say he didn't mean it and he DOES want to talk about Disney. he brought it up numerous times last night and was like "Mommy, I DO like Disney, I do, I swear!!" I just ignored him, lol.

So, yeah.....maybe time to dial down the Disney talk a notch. *sob*
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(11) , DD(7)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #2197
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,083

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYates View Post
Lol! You would've been our neighbor but we switched to the contemporary. Those are our dates.
Perhaps she got the room that you gave up.
pwdebbie is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #2198
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,083

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbking06 View Post
This is my first time on one of these sites/threads so I am not real sure what to do here. We are cruising out of Galveston on April 20th on Magic. Where do I go form here?
Welcome to the DIS!

I see that TJDisneyMama already pointed you in the right direction for cruisers. Have a great time!
pwdebbie is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #2199
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran
 
anniebabymu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
so, I have something blasphemous to report...... the kids don't know about the trip yet, but I still talk about WDW all the time with them under the premise that I'm a TA and I talk about what "my clients" have planned on their upcoming trips
So last night I said something about Expedition Everest and ODS (9.5) says [deep breath...... I don't know if I can repeat this without tearing up.......]:

"Disney, Disney, Disney! That's all you talk about!" *GASP!*

I know....... like a slap in the face, right? I gave him "the look" as if he had just uttered the most vile words possible, and I calmly said "fine, since you hate Disney so much I will never talk about it again with you." He then proceeded to say he didn't mean it and he DOES want to talk about Disney. he brought it up numerous times last night and was like "Mommy, I DO like Disney, I do, I swear!!" I just ignored him, lol.

So, yeah.....maybe time to dial down the Disney talk a notch. *sob*
I say stuff like, "Next time we go to Disney and do the BBB, what princess do you think you want to be?" (since I'm planning to buy the dress and bring it with us!). And, "When we go back to Disney when your sister is 4, what stuff do you really want to do first?" "Did you like the rides or characters better?" Lol... just trying to fish for info from her without outright telling her!
__________________
October 2012: First Magical Family Trip (and my first trip ever!), AoA LM rooms, MNSSHP!
April 2013: 2nd Family Trip (and first surprise vacation!), POR RGR
May 2014: End of school celebration/3rd Birthday Trip, Pop Century
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP




10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
anniebabymu is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #2200
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,083

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebabymu View Post
My first post!

We booked our April 2013 trip right after Christmas! We'll be there April 16-23... and cannot wait! We took our first family trip (and my first trip ever!) to Disney last October and I had the biggest Disney hangover ever! We decided we needed to go again ASAP... without the in laws this time! We stayed at AoA in the LM rooms in October and fell in love with them. Decided to book there again, but then the room discounts came out! Since the standard rooms didn't qualify at AoA, we decided to change up our reservations and stay in a Royal Guest Room at POR instead! Can't wait!

Wanted to change up dining reservations this time so we're doing everything different than last trip, except Chef Mickey's (we loved it!). Did San Angel Inn (Epcot), CRT, Mama Melrose, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and Tusker House last trip. Reservations for this trip are... Dinner: The Plaza Restaurant, Dinner: Be Our Guest, Dinner: Akershus, Lunch: Via Napoli (Epcot), Dinner: Chef Mickey's, Dinner: 1900 Park Fare and Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine.

Absolutely CAN'T WAIT!! April 16th can't come soon enough! Especially since I can't talk about it with my DD's (5 and almost 2) because we're surprising them with this trip!!
Welcome! We'll be there the same time as you (actually 15 - 26) but we will be at POFQ. Might run into you on the bus though!

We made our first trip in October 2007. It was something I had asked dh to do for years and he always said no. Well, when I asked him in 2006 if we could go there for our 30th anniversary in April 2007, he said yes! Then one of the gals in church asked me to come with her for the birth of her first child (her mom lived in Oregon at the time) which was due in April so we moved our trip up to October for my birthday instead. Well, we fell in love with Disney on that trip. It was dh who said to me as we were pulling out of the parking lot as I sat there sobbing (I never expected it to affect me that much!), "So, when are we coming back?" We went back in April 2009 and November 2010. We planned to go in April 2012 (would have been keeping the every-18-months trend going) but had to cancel at the last minute, so here we are, aiming to be there this April for our 36th anniversary. All that to say I totally understand the desire to go back!

I've listed your travel dates on the first post of this thread. If you look further down, you will see links for our ADRs, some PTRs (pre-trip reports) and also to the private Facebook group. If you want me to add your ADRs to post #991, let me know the date, place, and time for each, and I'll get that added for you. There is also a doc on the Facebook page that you can add your own ADRs. It is organized differently than the one here (I like the way whoever started that one did it). Just put your ADR are in for each day in order of time and then you can actually see who might be dining in the same restaurant at the same time. Check it out!
pwdebbie is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #2201
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran
 
anniebabymu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Welcome! We'll be there the same time as you (actually 15 - 26) but we will be at POFQ. Might run into you on the bus though!

We made our first trip in October 2007. It was something I had asked dh to do for years and he always said no. Well, when I asked him in 2006 if we could go there for our 30th anniversary in April 2007, he said yes! Then one of the gals in church asked me to come with her for the birth of her first child (her mom lived in Oregon at the time) which was due in April so we moved our trip up to October for my birthday instead. Well, we fell in love with Disney on that trip. It was dh who said to me as we were pulling out of the parking lot as I sat there sobbing (I never expected it to affect me that much!), "So, when are we coming back?" We went back in April 2009 and November 2010. We planned to go in April 2012 (would have been keeping the every-18-months trend going) but had to cancel at the last minute, so here we are, aiming to be there this April for our 36th anniversary. All that to say I totally understand the desire to go back!

I've listed your travel dates on the first post of this thread. If you look further down, you will see links for our ADRs, some PTRs (pre-trip reports) and also to the private Facebook group. If you want me to add your ADRs to post #991, let me know the date, place, and time for each, and I'll get that added for you. There is also a doc on the Facebook page that you can add your own ADRs. It is organized differently than the one here (I like the way whoever started that one did it). Just put your ADR are in for each day in order of time and then you can actually see who might be dining in the same restaurant at the same time. Check it out!
Maybe we will! We went with my MIL, FIL, BIL and SIL in October and at that time said that we would have to come back when my youngest DD and nephew who didn't come with us was 4 (my oldest DD's age at the time). Then I quickly looked at my husband and told him that we would have to go sooner than that... without the in laws! My MIL is not the happiest camper that she isn't coming with us, but come on... we're allowed to take family vacations without you!! This will also be a trip to celebrate my 30th birthday (which is in Feb.). My husband asked me if we're ever going to go on another family vacation that doesn't involve Disney, to which I replied, "Not likely!". Ha ha! I was deprived as a child and my first trip wasn't until I was 29! My children will most definitely grow up with Disney!

That would be wonderful if you could add our ADR's! And how do I find the facebook group or can someone add me? Thanks a million!

4-16: The Plaza Restaurant @ 6:20
4-17: Be Our Guest @ 6:15
4-18: Akershus @ 6:45
4-19: Via Napoli @ 12:45
4-20: Chef Mickey's @ 6:55
4-21: 1900 Park Fare @ 6:40
4-22: Hollywood and Vine @ 9:25
__________________
October 2012: First Magical Family Trip (and my first trip ever!), AoA LM rooms, MNSSHP!
April 2013: 2nd Family Trip (and first surprise vacation!), POR RGR
May 2014: End of school celebration/3rd Birthday Trip, Pop Century
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP




10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
anniebabymu is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #2202
Stefjp
Mouseketeer
 
Stefjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
just booked our hotel by the (Manchester) airport for the night before our flight. Hope we're able to get to sleep early so we'll be (somewhat) well rested for our wake up call at 4:00 a.m.
I just booked our hotel for the night before too! Our flight is 10:30am, so check in will be 7:30am. No way I'm getting up a silly o clock to travel 2 hrs to the airport when im still going to have to sit around the airport for 3 hrs before the flight then sit on an aeroplane for9hrs! This way I can get up an hour or less before checking in for my flight :-)
Stefjp is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #2203
tink1953
Tink rocks!!!!!!!
 
tink1953's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cincinnati, Oh
Posts: 657

April 19-27th....Barb and Edsel Huddleson
__________________

tink1953 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #2204
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: oregon
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefjp

I just booked our hotel for the night before too! Our flight is 10:30am, so check in will be 7:30am. No way I'm getting up a silly o clock to travel 2 hrs to the airport when im still going to have to sit around the airport for 3 hrs before the flight then sit on an aeroplane for9hrs! This way I can get up an hour or less before checking in for my flight :-)
I am lucky, as we have a small airport in my town, which flies to San Francisco, because it is so small we don't have to be there until about an 1 1/2 hour before flight. although I have seen people get there 10 mins before and still get on. I still have to get up at 3:30am., flight is at 5:20am. and fly across country for a 12+ hour total travel time.

Sent from my Xoom using DISBoards
tlh4hart is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #2205
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefjp View Post
I just booked our hotel for the night before too! Our flight is 10:30am, so check in will be 7:30am. No way I'm getting up a silly o clock to travel 2 hrs to the airport when im still going to have to sit around the airport for 3 hrs before the flight then sit on an aeroplane for9hrs! This way I can get up an hour or less before checking in for my flight :-)
which hotel? We did Homewood Suites/Hilton
I originally wanted that 10:30 flight and we were just going to sleep at home and leave our house at like 7:30, but the day I went to book that flight was suddenly much higher. So I just booked the 6:50 one. The 10:30 ended up going back down, but now I'm happy we're going earlier so we can get there earlier.
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(11) , DD(7)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.