Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #2176
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
Just thought of something else. For the first time we will be renting a car and driving down to Disney sooooooo anyone have any advice on whether or not we should use the car to go to the parks every day or stick with the Disney transportation.
I was thinking in terms of being able to leave at the end of the day and not have to wait in yet another line to get back to the resort it would be good, but then again we do a lot of park hopping and such and it may turn into a hassle. I do kind of like taking the monorail and the water taxis. It's just those dang buses that sometimes get to me.
We've driven from PA each time (about 16 hours). Once we get there, we don't WANT to get in the car again until we leave, so we use all Disney transportation. I can't imagine what it would be like trying to drive from a park at closing.

Your drive from NH is going to a whole lot longer than ours. You might feel the same way we do and not want to get back in the car for a while.

That said, my bil and his family fly from NJ and then rent a car for the week and drive everywhere on Disney property except to MK.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #2177
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We always find nice people to talk to on the buses...we are talkers.
That's part of why we like the buses. Dh loves to start chatting with kids and hearing about what they are looking forward to for the day in the morning or what they loved best about the day in the evening (if they are even awake enough to talk). Or talking to adults and finding out where they are from and miscellaneous chit chat. He's a talker whereas I'm quieter, so it is a good outlet for him to have while we are there. Of course, he has learned how to draw me into the conversations. "Are you on the DIS? My wife goes there all the time and she knows a lot of stuff about WDW because of it. If you have any questions, she can probably give you some answers."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #2178
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegrad1 View Post
April 23-30th, 2013/POR/Royal Room/Riverside View!!
Very excited to share that I am taking my kids, DS is 20 & DD is 16 for the very first time! I was there last as a young adult & once I had kids, it was my dream to share the thrill of Disney with them. This has been a long time coming so the excitement (although I booked in August) is so out there it's insane! LOL!
My incredible travel agent sent me an email last week titled, Pssst...I got you a promotional discount! I opened the email thinking a hundred, hundred fifty discount would be so cool. There it was...approx $520 discount thanks to the Spring promo!!! (those are all of the smilies I could think of using) HA! All I could think of was...can this get any better? Well, of course it can, I still have the trip coming!
I have been her biggest fan since this whole process began. Most of our correspondence has been via email and I have asked her over 44 email questions throughout! She has patiently answered everything for me. I have scoured Disney websites for tips, ideas & helpful hints ever since. I'm starting to feel addicted! LOL!
I am looking for a rental car for one day only as I plan to take the kids to Cocoa Beach for a day. I figured if we are in Florida, they should have a chance to see/swim in the ocean!
--I know you see my link below for my ticker, I still haven't figured out how to make the picture appear!
Sounds like you have a great TA!

We are all addicted to some degree or we wouldn't be here. I don't live and breathe Disney, but I do think about our next trip a lot and find that planning and talking with others here keeps me from imploding.

Great idea about going to the beach. We've stopped twice at the beach, once the weather was so bad we cancelled our reservation and continued on to WDW and the second time our room was so bad I wished that the weather had been bad and we would have cancelled our reservation and gone on to WDW. Not even planning a beach stop this year. Our thirteen-day trips (includes one night on the road each way) need to be seven days longer, but dh, a preacher, won't miss more than one Sunday. If I had that extra week, I'd do a road trip around FL and see everything from the Atlantic coast to the Gulf coast. Maybe one day. . .
Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #2179
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

I love the buses for that reason, too.

So, we just pre-ordered the PhotoPass+. We were planning on the regular PP, but I did the math and realized that even if we only got one or two of the extra photos, it would be worth it. (And I'd like to get a look at the stock photos CD.)

One problem: We have a Chef Mickey dinner planned our first night, but no park plans that day. I need to figure out how to redeem our PP+ voucher before the meal without going to a park. I've seen references to the PP+ viewing centers but conflicting info on exactly where they are. (Especially whether or not there's one in the Contemporary.)

I submitted a question to the Moms Panel, but was just told that "You can pick up your PP+ at a viewing center! Ask when you check in!" Has anyone else noticed that the Moms Panel is very good at answering questions without really answering them?

If we have to, we can make a trip over to DTD that afternoon, but the boys will be clamoring to swim and I'd rather just do that. Any advice appreciated.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 01-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #2180
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post

So, we just pre-ordered the PhotoPass+. We were planning on the regular PP, but I did the math and realized that even if we only got one or two of the extra photos, it would be worth it. (And I'd like to get a look at the stock photos CD.)

One problem: We have a Chef Mickey dinner planned our first night, but no park plans that day. I need to figure out how to redeem our PP+ voucher before the meal without going to a park. I've seen references to the PP+ viewing centers but conflicting info on exactly where they are. (Especially whether or not there's one in the Contemporary.)

I submitted a question to the Moms Panel, but was just told that "You can pick up your PP+ at a viewing center! Ask when you check in!" Has anyone else noticed that the Moms Panel is very good at answering questions without really answering them?

If we have to, we can make a trip over to DTD that afternoon, but the boys will be clamoring to swim and I'd rather just do that. Any advice appreciated.
To answer your question...

There are Photopass viewing stations at the Polynesian (outside of Trader Jack's) and at the Grand Floridian (in the lobby). I don't believe there is one at the Contemporary, but you could hop the monorail over to one of the other two resorts.

Only problem is...they don't have regular hours and are often on "breaks", so you have to catch them just right.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #2181
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much! I hoped someone on here might know!

We will have a car, so we can just stop at the Poly on the way to dinner. Or maybe we'll just go to DTD after all.

I hope I made the right decision on this, but I'm a firm believer that more pictures are always better than fewer pictures.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Three trips as a child,
Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #2182
Aryanna&BiancasMommy
Mouseketeer

We'll be there March 30-April 6 at the Fort! So excited! We haven't been since 2006, so we are all excited! Been planning and planning and watching disney world videos pretty much every day the past couple of weeks LOL
DD (11)
DD (2)
FDD (4)
Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #2183
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post

I would ask them directly on their Facebook page. They are good about answering questions [IMG]https://www.facebook.com/DIsneyPhotoPass?ref=ts&fref=ts[/IMG]
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #2184
Angc77
Earning My Ears

So excited- changed resorts for our April trip, was booked at AoA mermaid room, now at POR Royal guest room after the discounted rates!!! The rooms look beautiful in the pictures!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #2185
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
I would ask them directly on their Facebook page. They are good about answering questions [IMG]https://www.facebook.com/DIsneyPhotoPass?ref=ts&fref=ts[/IMG]
Thank you for the tip, as well.

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Three trips as a child,
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #2186
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angc77 View Post
So excited- changed resorts for our April trip, was booked at AoA mermaid room, now at POR Royal guest room after the discounted rates!!! The rooms look beautiful in the pictures!
If you want me to include you in the first post, let me know your dates.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #2187
Angc77
Earning My Ears

Our trip is April 27 to May 3 POR- Royal Guest room.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #2188
TxYates
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angc77 View Post
Our trip is April 27 to May 3 POR- Royal Guest room.
Lol! You would've been our neighbor but we switched to the contemporary. Those are our dates.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #2189
jbking06
Earning My Ears

April 20th

This is my first time on one of these sites/threads so I am not real sure what to do here. We are cruising out of Galveston on April 20th on Magic. Where do I go form here?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #2190
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbking06 View Post
This is my first time on one of these sites/threads so I am not real sure what to do here. We are cruising out of Galveston on April 20th on Magic. Where do I go form here?
this is mostly people going to WDW. There's a separate Cruise Line board and they also have "Cruise Meet" threads with people who will be on the same cruise as you. here's yours

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2916424
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: