Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #1966
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Wondering if anyone that has a visa could do the Disney math for me? I can do my. Discount until tomorrow. We are staying at CSR.. We were debating on switching to beach or boardwalk.. But really don't want to spend more than a couple hundred dollars more than what we are paying now. Another option was upgrading to deluxe dining.. We are at CSR for 7 nights with a 5 day hopper and reg. dining. I tried getting a cm to help be today but she said she couldn't pull up any discounts. She did say CSr was 25% off..
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #1967
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

I dropped our BOG dinner adr in favor of eating there for a CS lunch. The dinner menu and peoples pics of the food was not doing it for me

I hope the discounts are good enough to allow us to upgrade! Wish I never closed out my Disney Visa its driving me nuts not knowing what the numbers will be
DS (14)
Lily
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #1968
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
Wondering if anyone that has a visa could do the Disney math for me? I can do my. Discount until tomorrow. We are staying at CSR.. We were debating on switching to beach or boardwalk.. But really don't want to spend more than a couple hundred dollars more than what we are paying now. Another option was upgrading to deluxe dining.. We are at CSR for 7 nights with a 5 day hopper and reg. dining. I tried getting a cm to help be today but she said she couldn't pull up any discounts. She did say CSr was 25% off..
It would have saved me about 250 bucks had I kept our reservation at POP. But because I moved up to a preferred room at POR it cost me about 80 bucks more. I think you could totally move up to a deluxe without spending much more than a couple hundred. The only problem might be your dining. I personally wont do the deluxe dining again. We did it one time and it dang near killed us eating all of that food. It was an appetizer, entree, and desert with EVERY meal. That meant each of us got each one of those things 3 times a day. On top of that we spent most of the time chasing ADR's instead of enjoying the parks. We did the regular dining option the last couple of times and could work with that. Not near as much food. If it were me and I could get the same package but move to a deluxe for not much more than 200, then that is what I would do. I personally wanted to move to a deluxe on the monorail, but since we are also doing the cruise afterwards I decided to just move to a mod.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #1969
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88

It would have saved me about 250 bucks had I kept our reservation at POP. But because I moved up to a preferred room at POR it cost me about 80 bucks more. I think you could totally move up to a deluxe without spending much more than a couple hundred. The only problem might be your dining. I personally wont do the deluxe dining again. We did it one time and it dang near killed us eating all of that food. It was an appetizer, entree, and desert with EVERY meal. That meant each of us got each one of those things 3 times a day. On top of that we spent most of the time chasing ADR's instead of enjoying the parks. We did the regular dining option the last couple of times and could work with that. Not near as much food. If it were me and I could get the same package but move to a deluxe for not much more than 200, then that is what I would do. I personally wanted to move to a deluxe on the monorail, but since we are also doing the cruise afterwards I decided to just move to a mod.
I have also done deluxe dining before. Back in 2008.. We had never done it before and was way too much because we over scheduled and were basically eating 3 sit downs a day.. We have already made our ressies this time and added some deluxe ressies but not more than 2 in 1 day. It's more for having the ability to eat wherever we want. Although, we would definitely switch to a deluxe resort for only a couple hundred more..
Old 01-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #1970
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

ooooh maybe we could price out Boardwalk?!?!! when you switched from POP to POR did everything stay the same, except for the view category?
DS (14)
Lily
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #1971
Miss lorissa
Earning My Ears

We changed over to BC! 2 1 bedroom villas (there were no 2 bedrooms left) thank god for the 30%!!!! , and we also changed our Le Cellier reservation to Via Napoli at 5:45 (I think).... Getting closer I can't wait!!!!

Last edited by Miss lorissa; 01-02-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #1972
melindae10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyB View Post
We booked nonstop tickets too! We leave at 945 pm from Seattle and arrive at MCO at 630 am with the time difference. It was almost $1300 for 3 people even with the cheaper companion fair.

The spring promotion looks good, but no discounts for us since we rented points to stay at BCV.
We are leaving from Sea-Tac a few weeks after you! Got really great prices on airfare, 250 per person but not non stop. I am a little afraid to do the plane rides with a 2 and 5 year old Hoping to get my hands on a Kindle Fire before our trip Hope you have a great trip!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #1973
crzy4my2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss lorissa View Post
We changed over to BC! 2 1 bedroom villas (there were no 2 bedrooms left) thank god for the 30%!!!! , and we also changed our Le Cellier reservation to Via Napoli at 5:45 (I think).... Getting closer I can't wait!!!!
Where were you before? If you don't mind, how much extra or less?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day trip 1983
The Disney Inn 1986
POR 2008 Took my kids for their 1st trip.
CBR 2010 Thanksgiving trip 11/24-12/1
CSR 2013 April Vacation trip 4/9-4/16
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #1974
mhartel1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
thinking about upgrading to POR from AOA LM room, killing me to wait till Jan 3rd to find out the difference....can anyone that has booked at POR with the Disney Visa tell me how much they got off??
I am staying at POFQ Easter week, 7 nights with 8 day park hopper and my price went down $257. I am paid in full too, they are crediting my disney visa.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #1975
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
thinking about upgrading to POR from AOA LM room, killing me to wait till Jan 3rd to find out the difference....can anyone that has booked at POR with the Disney Visa tell me how much they got off??
We did the math and we got 25% plus a slight discount on the tix. We are staying 10 nights in a preferred room April15-25 if that helps. It saved almost $700

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #1976
itisamymc
Mouseketeer

I have been out of town. Is there a room or package discount for April coming out? Just for Disney Visa holders?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #1977
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Joining this thread. Husband and I have had to change our dates three times now. First because my mom decided to have her wedding on our fifth anniversary, and we moved it back a week and the. Decided Memorial Day week probably not a good idea. So we moved it to the first week in may. DH found out a co worker already had that week today. So therefore here we are changing it to April, a whole month before our anniversary.

April 20th-27th Wilderness Lodge-first stay not at POR.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #1978
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post
Joining this thread. Husband and I have had to change our dates three times now. First because my mom decided to have her wedding on our fifth anniversary, and we moved it back a week and the. Decided Memorial Day week probably not a good idea. So we moved it to the first week in may. DH found out a co worker already had that week today. So therefore here we are changing it to April, a whole month before our anniversary.

April 20th-27th Wilderness Lodge-first stay not at POR.
Welcome! You will love the Lodge!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #1979
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

We will be at the boardwalk from March 26-April 4 and then we switch to BLT for 5 nights! So excited to be going for 2 whole weeks! Although DD is trying to convince us to take one of our days to drive the the new American Girl Store in Miami!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #1980
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

FYI folks.. Tried to get discount right at 7:00am told the reservation system was down.. Arghh frustrated!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: