Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #1726
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer
 
USAND3KIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just switched our ressie to POR and realizing we will be arriving there at the same time from NH!! (but we are flying out of Boston)
It's a small world.....pun intended. Lol
__________________


USAND3KIDS is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #1727
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 381

So what does everyone think about the cheerleading comp that will be there during the end of April? We check in the 28th and it looks like most of the competition will be over by the 29th with everyone leaving on the 30th or the 1st.

Has anyone been during a cheerleading competition? I figure as long as we stay away from the Allstars and Carribean Beach Resort we should be ok. However, I did hear that they occasionally spill over to other resorts.
__________________
bigjrfan88 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #1728
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
So what does everyone think about the cheerleading comp that will be there during the end of April? We check in the 28th and it looks like most of the competition will be over by the 29th with everyone leaving on the 30th or the 1st.

Has anyone been during a cheerleading competition? I figure as long as we stay away from the Allstars and Carribean Beach Resort we should be ok. However, I did hear that they occasionally spill over to other resorts.
On our Feb 2011 visit there was a cheering competition and we stayed at CBR....they were everywhere at the resort, however, we did not see any cheering groups at the parks at all.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #1729
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran
 
Hunclemarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
Wow I am just having a heck of a time with this dining stuff! So I was thinking...dangerous I know! The orginal plan was to do breakfast in the room a CS lunch and TS dinner. My DD will be 5 and my DS will be 2 when we go, which means characters, lots and lots. I actually asked my DD last night who she wanted to see and it was pretty much everyone, the princesses, mickey and gang, the fairies, and then she said that she thought her brother would love the see Winnie and gang, so nice of her to think of her brother. My husband is not a line waiting type of person and I would imagine a 2 year old and 5 year old would be about the same. I am thinking we should do character meals, to get most of the meet and greet out of the way while my husband is being fed, win win for everyone If I do those would it be better to get the DXDP? I was thinking CP, Tusker House, Chef Mickeys, Park Fare, and Akershus. Also getting into the parks early is a plus in my book. Then I think how long would I actually have to wait in the parks to see the characters, we are going at the end of April. Guess I might just have to price everything out, what a pain! Plus my parents will be with us, will they really want to partake in the character meals? I need to sit down and discuss with my Mom but she is so not easy to plan with, so I instead discuss with all of you
As a PP mentioned, check to see if you can get the reservations for all of the character meals you want to go to. I wouldn't recommend the DXDP... that's an awful lot of food, and in a earlier post you mentioned how you wanted some freedom. Most of the character meals are one table service credit...Some are 2 credit. Cost wise, most character meals are in the $35.00 range for adults; not sure for the kid price. How many nights will you be staying? That could be a consideration too.

Ok, i did some adding of things: for a family of 4...2 kids and 2 adults

Location/ Kids/ adults/ credits

Cinderella palace/ $36.00/ $59.00/ 2
Tusker house/ $15.00/ $35.99/ 1
Chef Mickey Dinner/ $36.00/ $59.00/ 1
Park Fare Breakfast/ $15.00/ $35.99/ 1
Park Fare Dinner/ $36.00/ $59.99/ 1
Akershus/ $36.00/ $59.00/ 1

Paying Cash Kid/Adult
Total Per Person $174.00 $308.97
x2 People $348.00 $617.94
Total: $965.94

Using dining plan Kid/Adult
Dining Plan: $17.16 $55.59
x2 People $34.32 $111.18
x 6 days $205.92 $667.08
Total: $873.00

Supposing that you went for 6 nights, and you were on the dining plan, you could use each of your table service credits for each of the 5 character meals. 2 table service credits would have to be used for CP, so you would have to use Counter service credits for Dinner that last day, or pay out of pocket for a meal or two...probably a counter service.
You'll notice that Park Fare has different prices for Breakfast and Dinner. Same goes with Chef Mickey, but i don't have the breakfast prices listed here. Taxes are not listed here. I hope you can read the table above... the DIS didn't like the spacing that i used. I also did not include pricing for tips.

Also, the prices included both prices listed for 1900 park fare...so the numbers will be off a little from what is stated as to what you may actually need, but the comparison is straight across the board. The Dining plan will also allow for your counter service meals and the snacks, where as the "cash" basis listed above are for the character meals themselves...no counter service or snacks included.
__________________


January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014

Last edited by Hunclemarco; 11-27-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added figures
Hunclemarco is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #1730
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran
 
wdw4rfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 2,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
So what does everyone think about the cheerleading comp that will be there during the end of April? We check in the 28th and it looks like most of the competition will be over by the 29th with everyone leaving on the 30th or the 1st.

Has anyone been during a cheerleading competition? I figure as long as we stay away from the Allstars and Carribean Beach Resort we should be ok. However, I did hear that they occasionally spill over to other resorts.
There was a cheer group checking into POR as we were checking out this year. Dont know how much of them ended up staying there, but the group we saw were about 30 plus some parents (they were all standing outside the lobby together so there could have been more). My point is, I think they DO spill into all resorts.
__________________


2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #1731
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran
 
Hunclemarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
So what does everyone think about the cheerleading comp that will be there during the end of April? We check in the 28th and it looks like most of the competition will be over by the 29th with everyone leaving on the 30th or the 1st.

Has anyone been during a cheerleading competition? I figure as long as we stay away from the Allstars and Carribean Beach Resort we should be ok. However, I did hear that they occasionally spill over to other resorts.
Every few years we saw some of the members of the cheerleading competition in the parks. They were full of enthusiasm and there was lots of cheering going on while they were waiting in line for rides. It did get a little loud, but it was festive.

What cheer group is coming in? Anyone know the dates?
__________________


January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #1732
melindae10
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 80

At the moment I have reservations at CP Breakfast, Akershus Breakfast, Cape May Breakfast, Park Fare Dinner, and Tusker House Breakfast. The only one I am not sure about is Park Fare, I have been reading some trip reports and Park Fare doesn't come out too well. My DS will be 2 when we are there, I know he can share off our plates at buffets, can we do the same at TS restrauants? Maybe he could share with my DD? I have priced everything out, I think correctly, and eating the way we normally do, no appetizers and no deserts, I come out at about $1300 for the 7 nights. The DXDP would come to almost $1600 for the three of us for the week. It is a lot of food but I wonder since we do still have to feed the 2 year old if the extra food would be helpful? Thank you all for your help on this!
melindae10 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #1733
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran
 
Hunclemarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
At the moment I have reservations at CP Breakfast, Akershus Breakfast, Cape May Breakfast, Park Fare Dinner, and Tusker House Breakfast. The only one I am not sure about is Park Fare, I have been reading some trip reports and Park Fare doesn't come out too well. My DS will be 2 when we are there, I know he can share off our plates at buffets, can we do the same at TS restrauants? Maybe he could share with my DD? I have priced everything out, I think correctly, and eating the way we normally do, no appetizers and no deserts, I come out at about $1300 for the 7 nights. The DXDP would come to almost $1600 for the three of us for the week. It is a lot of food but I wonder since we do still have to feed the 2 year old if the extra food would be helpful? Thank you all for your help on this!
I didn't notice your DS age ...he will be free. Anyone under 3 is free, and can share a plate at any restaurant.

As far as park fare dinner, we've been there twice... the food was ok, not great, and doesn't have a lot of variety for children. For the adults, the buffet was for a lack of better terms...strange. and i can't explain that one. sorry. The character interaction was great though.
__________________


January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #1734
JillianSam
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco

As a PP mentioned, check to see if you can get the reservations for all of the character meals you want to go to. I wouldn't recommend the DXDP... that's an awful lot of food, and in a earlier post you mentioned how you wanted some freedom. Most of the character meals are one table service credit...Some are 2 credit. Cost wise, most character meals are in the $35.00 range for adults; not sure for the kid price. How many nights will you be staying? That could be a consideration too.

Ok, i did some adding of things: for a family of 4...2 kids and 2 adults

Location/ Kids/ adults/ credits

Cinderella palace/ $36.00/ $59.00/ 2
Tusker house/ $15.00/ $35.99/ 1
Chef Mickey Dinner/ $36.00/ $59.00/ 1
Park Fare Breakfast/ $15.00/ $35.99/ 1
Park Fare Dinner/ $36.00/ $59.99/ 1
Akershus/ $36.00/ $59.00/ 1

Paying Cash Kid/Adult
Total Per Person $174.00 $308.97
x2 People $348.00 $617.94
Total: $965.94

Using dining plan Kid/Adult
Dining Plan: $17.16 $55.59
x2 People $34.32 $111.18
x 6 days $205.92 $667.08
Total: $873.00

.

The math is not correct on this, you technically priced out 7 character meals for the OOP meals (since CRT is considered 2)
JillianSam is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #1735
librarygeek
DIS Veteran
 
librarygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
So what does everyone think about the cheerleading comp that will be there during the end of April? We check in the 28th and it looks like most of the competition will be over by the 29th with everyone leaving on the 30th or the 1st.

Has anyone been during a cheerleading competition? I figure as long as we stay away from the Allstars and Carribean Beach Resort we should be ok. However, I did hear that they occasionally spill over to other resorts.
Do you know the exact dates they'll be there? We're visiting from the 21st to the 27th, sounds like they'll be overlapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
On our Feb 2011 visit there was a cheering competition and we stayed at CBR....they were everywhere at the resort, however, we did not see any cheering groups at the parks at all.
Good to hear it didn't cause too much issue. We're off site so it won't be a problem at the resorts. Just as long as it doesn't get the parks overly crowded, I'm not worried!
librarygeek is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #1736
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,108

There is a link in the first post about Cheerleading and Dance Worlds in April at WDW. Here it is again: http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...-championships

Josh at easywdw.com doesn't think it will affect the parks much.

I will say that when we were at POFQ in April 2009, some of the dance groups were there. A few girls slipped away from their chaperones and decided to sit in front of our ac vent and have a smoke. We were not happy (dh has a lung condition and cannot be around cigarette smoke, or any other smoke for that matter) and the girls were flippant about it when we spoke to them.
pwdebbie is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #1737
Hannikins
Mouseketeer
 
Hannikins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 240

joining up!
__________________
Current: April 2013 - Food Report
Current: April 2013 - Our Last Hurrah
Trippie: DLP & London October 2013

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)
Hannikins is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #1738
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,665

so I just read that the reservation system will be down (i forget exact dates, I think it was Dec.3-5th). Usually when they're down, don't they come back up with the newest discounts??
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(11) , DD(7)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #1739
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran
 
wdw4rfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 2,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
There is a link in the first post about Cheerleading and Dance Worlds in April at WDW. Here it is again: http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...-championships

Josh at easywdw.com doesn't think it will affect the parks much.

I will say that when we were at POFQ in April 2009, some of the dance groups were there. A few girls slipped away from their chaperones and decided to sit in front of our ac vent and have a smoke. We were not happy (dh has a lung condition and cannot be around cigarette smoke, or any other smoke for that matter) and the girls were flippant about it when we spoke to them.
We had smokers outside our room last year 2 nights in a row. I called and they came right down and told them that it is no longer allowed anywhere near the rooms- they HAD to use the designated areas. Never had another issue. Now if only they would enforce this in the parks life would be good
__________________


2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #1740
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: oregon
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam

We had smokers outside our room last year 2 nights in a row. I called and they came right down and told them that it is no longer allowed anywhere near the rooms- they HAD to use the designated areas. Never had another issue. Now if only they would enforce this in the parks life would be good
they don't enforce it in the parks? confused.....that is terrible..... the last time I was there I was with a smoker ( I am a non-smoker) and we had to map out the smoking areas in the parks. I would wander the stores or surrounding areas and wait. I never saw anyone smoking outside the designated areas, but I guess I never ran into a cloud of smoke.

Sent from my Xoom using DISBoards
tlh4hart is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.