Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #151
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunmcbunny View Post
I found this thread looking for any news about any kind of discounts. We are going 4/1-10 staying at POR. Last year was our 1st yr ever. While we had a blast dd was sick the first 4 days so we missed alot.

This time my MIL is coming with us. Our dates are not flexible. The more I research the more I realized we are probably not gonna get any kind of discounts.

Now I'm off to read the entire thread since I'm such a disney planning junkie lol
Yeah unfortunately with those dates you are smack dab in the middle of Spring Break, and Easter was just on the Sunday before your arrival date. There may be something that comes out for that week, but I wouldnt wait to book POR if you havent already done it. That week may fill up fast and you dont want to miss out on getting the resort you want.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #152
hunmcbunny
Mouseketeer

yeah we already booked it directly with Disney....which I love because its like a layaway plan.

I want to go while dd is on break. We took her out of school last year and she had a very hard time getting back into the swing of things because she missed alot.

1st Trip - March 2012 POR Magnolia Terrace Riverview
2nd Trip - August 2015 or 2016
Kristie aka hunmcbunny 46 , Brian 44 aka Hubster , Michelle7 aka Princess
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #153
Daddee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
right now I booked a room only with the AAA discount at POR for 7 nts April 13-20th....in order to get the discount it had to be room only for now. Cannot add tickets to a AAA room only. If nothing comes out I will order tickets from UT. If a code comes out for room discount then I will call back and change my room only to a MYW package with tickets. Now I just wait...... for codes and for Jetblue !
Wave to me when ya get there! I'll be over at ASMv same time

4/09 ASMo
Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #154
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

ok I'll wave!!! Unless we switch resorts and we are at ASMO too!!! Everything depends on the discounts that come out! My top three choices were AOA, ASMO, and POR...so for now we are booked at POR! Couldn't believe that AOA for the LM rooms were more than the other values, I know its new, but its still a value room!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 07-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #155
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer

Going to go ahead and hop in here!

My BF and I haven't even been to the World yet (leave for our first trip with my family in a week!) but a couple months ago we decided to already plan our return trip, lol!

We're DLR vets so we just know we're going to fall in love down there and are planning our return for April. Our tentative dates are 4/22/2013-4/29/2013, as that has our anniversary smack dab in the middle.

Very exciting to already have another trip to plan when we get back, I'm sure it will help with withdrawals. :P

So, hello fellow April '13 Dis-era!

Me - DBF -
Old 07-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #156
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Welcome Angiemouse!!!!! Come here to plan for april when you get back, and hope you have a great trip!!!!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #157
trtl6941
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness! I just realized I booked the wrong dates...guess I have to call them, I had my DD's spring break all messed up

I will be going April 15-21!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #158
hunmcbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtl6941 View Post
Oh my goodness! I just realized I booked the wrong dates...guess I have to call them, I had my DD's spring break all messed up

I will be going April 15-21!!!
I wish our spring break wasnt so darn early....its always starts on the Monday after Easter and Easter is early this year.

1st Trip - March 2012 POR Magnolia Terrace Riverview
2nd Trip - August 2015 or 2016
Kristie aka hunmcbunny 46 , Brian 44 aka Hubster , Michelle7 aka Princess
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #159
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Thanks to pwdebbie for pointing me to this thread. We're all booked for our next trip!! Staying April 9-19 at POFQ. 10 days instead of our usual 7-8! I persuaded DH that if we stayed longer we could have shorter park days and a couple of non-park days Little does he know that it's really so I can have a couple of hours every day to spend at the Flower and Garden Festival. I LOVE Epcot that time of year, but it's been years since we were last there at that time- we usually go in Jan or Sep. And by the time we get back home I'll be all inspired to plunge into spring planting in my own garden!

We booked a room only with a AAA discount for now. Hopefully a nice room only discount will come along. Definitely don't want the DDP anymore- it just doesn't work with the way we like to dine. I'll definitely wait till after the spring discounts come out before buying our tickets, but right now am planning on UT tickets to save a bit more cash.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #160
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

welcome Minnie mum!!!! I am waiting too to buy tickets!!!! Tentatively booked at POR just got a text from DH at work....his co worker was asking about renting DVC points again for 2013?!?!?! Ughhh. First he said NO way in regards to the lack of beds for our DS's.....now with the cost of the 2013 rates he is saying to buy a twin aero bed for one of them He is driving me nuts.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 07-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #161
trtl6941
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunmcbunny View Post
I wish our spring break wasnt so darn early....its always starts on the Monday after Easter and Easter is early this year.

Yeah, our district does pretty much the same week every year so Easter being early helped us - for once, lol

Re-booked, phew!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #162
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

so if you had to take a pick for a family of 4 with 2 boys. Would you go with:

POR with the AAA in order to have better sleeping options? Requested AB.

BWV in s studio and buy a quality air mattress so the boys do not have to share a stinky sofabed? In order to have the location of BW?

Location or sleeping arrangements? Right now with the AAA the room for POR would cost us $1,383.14. and the BWV studio would be $864.00 I believe though we have to wait 3 more weeks to actually book the BW. Would have to get back to the owner on that.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #163
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
so if you had to take a pick for a family of 4 with 2 boys. Would you go with:

POR with the AAA in order to have better sleeping options? Requested AB.

BWV in s studio and buy a quality air mattress so the boys do not have to share a stinky sofabed? In order to have the location of BW?

Location or sleeping arrangements? Right now with the AAA the room for POR would cost us $1,383.14. and the BWV studio would be $864.00 I believe though we have to wait 3 more weeks to actually book the BW. Would have to get back to the owner on that.
Hands downs I would be going for the BWV. I can't believe it is so much less for such a better location. If I could stay at an Epcot resort for less than the price of moderate, that's where I'd be. (Well, if I could talk dh into it, that is. I'm the penny pincher while he is the "but this is the way we've always done it" person. He hates change.)
Old 07-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #164
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Thanks to pwdebbie for pointing me to this thread. We're all booked for our next trip!! Staying April 9-19 at POFQ. 10 days instead of our usual 7-8! I persuaded DH that if we stayed longer we could have shorter park days and a couple of non-park days Little does he know that it's really so I can have a couple of hours every day to spend at the Flower and Garden Festival. I LOVE Epcot that time of year, but it's been years since we were last there at that time- we usually go in Jan or Sep. And by the time we get back home I'll be all inspired to plunge into spring planting in my own garden!

We booked a room only with a AAA discount for now. Hopefully a nice room only discount will come along. Definitely don't want the DDP anymore- it just doesn't work with the way we like to dine. I'll definitely wait till after the spring discounts come out before buying our tickets, but right now am planning on UT tickets to save a bit more cash.
We will both be at POFQ for the same four days (we arrive the 15th and you leave the 19th). Our first trip was only eight nights, the second was ten nights, and the last one was eleven which is the absolute maximum I can get with dh's job (preacher, he's only willing to miss one Sunday a year). Eight was definitely too short. We leave Sunday after church, drive until about 10:00 p.m. and arrive the next day somewhere between 11:00 and 2:00. We do parks in the mornings and evenings with a break in the room in the afternoon. Dh has health problems and needs to sleep several hours in the middle of the day.

We've only been to the F&G Festival once but it was my absolute favorite of our three previous trips. Dh's birthday (60) and our anniversary (36th) will fall during this trip, so I plan to do a lot of celebrating. Teased dh yesterday that I might make him wear a t-shirt proclaiming his age on his birthday and matching t's for our anniversary.

We are also booked with the AAA discount for now but I am hoping for a better room-only discount. I bought our tickets from UT in 2011 for the trip we had planned this past April (which was cancelled) so we've already got our tickets. And we are like you, the DDP just doesn't work for us. We prefer appetizers and not desserts. Sometimes we can make a whole meal out of appetizers. Plus I am on WW now. The DDP seems to encourage a sense of eating your money's worth. If I semi-stick to the WW while there (who am I kidding????) I hope to be less prone to overeating. I'm only planning two buffets -- Boma dinner and Biergarten lunch. Three months from today I can make our ADRs.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #165
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

thanks pwdebbie! We stayed last year at AKL by renting points from co worker and while we LOVE AKL, the studio sleeping set up stinks. Only way we would do it again is to buy an aero bed. Price is right I know that! She charges us $8.00 per point.

Your plans look great! I say YES to the Birthday/Anniversary t-shirt!! Lucky that you already have the expense of Tickets paid for
DS (14)
Lily
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: