Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #1621
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkleinbe View Post
How about some Saturday discussion?

What is your favorite ride in all of WDW?

You can ONLY pick ONE!
TOWER OF TERROR!!!!

It's my favorite ride in the whole world!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #1622
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkleinbe

You can ONLY pick ONE!
Oh wow, one is tough! Right now I'd have to say Soarin, but we'll see if that changes after this trip. I'm really excited about both ToT and RRC. In 2008, dd (4) was too scared to try either, so we skipped them. Then in 2010 (when she fell in love with both), I was 6 months pregnant and couldn't ride.

1984-2001: Off-site & day-trips | 6/08:Poly | TR | Photos
12/08:Hilton GVC | TR | Photos | 6/10:CBR | TR | Photos
3/12:ASMo |TR| Photos | 4/13:YC | PTR | TR | Photos
Upcoming: 3/14: AKV & AoA | 12/14: VWL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #1623
ja23k
Earning My Ears

Southwest credit card questions - my mom just got a southwest cc offer advertising two free round trip tickets via 50000 points once you spend 2000 in the first three months. Then it says it takes 6 - 8 weeks for the points to be applied. I have a few questions for those of you who have experience with this card and were taking about it earlier in this thread. If I charged and paid off the 2k in the first month (unlikely) would the bonus points be applied then or do I have to wait the three months? I am thinking the timeframe involved in this is cutting it too close to our April 11 departure, but wanted feedback from you guys. If the timing does work out, what other limitations will I find with this deal? Thoughts or personal experiences with this... ?

We are flying out of Boston ( could go to NH if needed, but don't want to).
Old 11-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #1624
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23k View Post
Southwest credit card questions - my mom just got a southwest cc offer advertising two free round trip tickets via 50000 points once you spend 2000 in the first three months. Then it says it takes 6 - 8 weeks for the points to be applied. I have a few questions for those of you who have experience with this card and were taking about it earlier in this thread. If I charged and paid off the 2k in the first month (unlikely) would the bonus points be applied then or do I have to wait the three months? I am thinking the timeframe involved in this is cutting it too close to our April 11 departure, but wanted feedback from you guys. If the timing does work out, what other limitations will I find with this deal? Thoughts or personal experiences with this... ?

We are flying out of Boston ( could go to NH if needed, but don't want to).
I just got the card. I got approved 9/11 and the first statement closed 10/10. The points were deposited on 10/11. However, the 50,000 is only enough to get me (2) one-way tickets for our trip in April. (flights are 21k each). So I don't know how easy it will be to get the 2 round trip tickets.
Also, you have to go to NH if you want nonstop flights.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 11-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #1625
JillianSam
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm new to Disboards!

Just read through all 109 pages to be sure I didn't miss anything...
But wanted to join in On this April planning.
We will be there April 23rd-May 3rd @AOA, Cars suite as of right now. And then another 3 nights off site for Universal. It will be myself (26), Mom (52), Sister (24), Niece (4), and Son (2)
Our first time going in April, we are usually late fall people. And the kiddos second trip to The World!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #1626
AuroraRora
Princess

This will be my first time going in April, too - we''ve always gone summer or fall in the past. 5 months away seems like such a long time, but I know it''ll go by quickly, and give me plenty time to save up for an incredible time! I want to make the most of it since I have to wait 5 months... I'm thinking Keys To The Kingdom tour, Discovery Cove at Seaworld, Wishes Dessert Party...

If only I can somehow get free dining, I'll be
Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #1627
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkleinbe View Post

You can ONLY pick ONE!
Tough choice! It's hard just to pick one rider per park, let alone all of WDW! I think I'd have to go with Splash Mountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianSam View Post

We will be there April 23rd-May 3rd @AOA, Cars suite as of right now. And then another 3 nights off site for Universal. It will be myself (26), Mom (52), Sister (24), Niece (4), and Son (2)
Our first time going in April, we are usually late fall people. And the kiddos second trip to The World!
Welcome to the DIS! We also usually go during the fall, so late April will be new for us. I'm excited! I think seeing the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot will be really nice.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #1628
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears

Quote:

You can ONLY pick ONE!
Mine would have to be the classic "haunted mansion" it was my favorite as a child, and still is.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #1629
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can ONLY pick ONE!
Splash Mountain! Favorite for me and my family as well!! Funny thing is, I wouldn't ride it until 2010 and now I can't get enough of it!

Old 11-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #1630
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianSam View Post

Looks like we'll be in the same section of AoA for a few days! I can't wait to see all the theming.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #1631
JillianSam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal

Looks like we'll be in the same section of AoA for a few days! I can't wait to see all the theming.
Well I'm hoping it stays that way, my niece really wants to stay in the little mermaid rooms. But without the guarantee of connecting rooms I just can't. Plus I'm so excited about the cars section, I want to be in Radiator Springs!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #1632
ja23k
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama

I just got the card. I got approved 9/11 and the first statement closed 10/10. The points were deposited on 10/11. However, the 50,000 is only enough to get me (2) one-way tickets for our trip in April. (flights are 21k each). So I don't know how easy it will be to get the 2 round trip tickets.
That's great that the points were deposited right away! I'm guessing you spent the required 2,000 in the first month and this was why? It's disappointing that they promote it as being enough for two round trips when a short trip from Boston to Orlando is not even covered. OR look on the bright side and get 2 one ways and just stay there Very good tip on needing to go to NH for nonstop. Are you flying out of NH? Are you glad you got the card or are you feeling short changed because it did not cover both round trips?
Great info - very helpful - thank you!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #1633
ja23k
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama

Also, I was looking at everyone's dates this morning and I noticed we are both at AoA at the same time (I just double checked) I'm in Little Mermaid.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #1634
ja23k
Earning My Ears

April is a great time to go! The weather has been great for me in the past and the flower and garden festival is so pretty.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #1635
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23k View Post
April is a great time to go! The weather has been great for me in the past and the flower and garden festival is so pretty.
Great to hear!! I didn't even realize it was the F&G festival when I started planning to go in April and when I realized, I was worried the crowds might be high or that it would get in the way of a lot of regular Disney things. But from all the research I've been doing on it today, it's starting to look more like an added bonus!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: