Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #1531
TxYates
Earning My Ears

Hi! We are going April 27- may 3 and staying at POR in the oak manor, royal room. Me, Lori, 34, Scott 42, and Addison 7 at the time of travel.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #1532
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
I'm definitely doing a happy dance right now! We just booked our trip!

Same days as what I said before, April 27 - May 4, and we'll be at POR.

I'm so excited!
We are booked at POR for the same exact days as you! Made my ADR's last week. Now just waiting...174 days and counting!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #1533
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYates View Post
Hi! We are going April 27- may 3 and staying at POR in the oak manor, royal room. Me, Lori, 34, Scott 42, and Addison 7 at the time of travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullybigadventure View Post
We are booked at POR for the same exact days as you! Made my ADR's last week. Now just waiting...174 days and counting!

You may very well see me! I stand out due to my very bright red hair

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #1534
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post

You may very well see me! I stand out due to my very bright red hair
Oh, I love red hair! I will stand out too. I will be the one in the banana costume bouncing up and down with excitement!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #1535
TxYates
Earning My Ears

We are pretty excited! Do you have children going?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #1536
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess I'm technically the child on this trip I'm 20, but this trip is just my mom and I.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Old 11-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #1537
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, my daughters will be 17, 13 and 11 at the time of the trip. Can't wait! You?
Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #1538
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

it has been pretty quiet here lately. I've been so busy booking other peoples' trips I haven't had time to think about my own. But it looks like I'm in a lull so......back to ME, ME, ME!

My kids still don't know. Although I do talk about Disney a lot, and am on Disney related websites 24/7, all under the premise that I'm "working" of course But at least it gives me a good excuse talk about it. Last year when I planned the secret trip for DS and I, every time I was on a disney website and he came by I had to scramble and minimize the page so he didn't see. Now I can let it all out in the open. I may tell them eventually but I know for sure I'm not going to tell them any time soon b/c I just think knowing this far out will be torture for them. Heck, it's torture for me, lol. I think being 5+ months will just bum ODS out and YDD has no concept of time anyways so she'd probably just ask every day if today is the day we're going. And she's a super-whiner so she'd probably whine too when I said it wasn't today.

I think I mentioned before how before our first trip we watched every Disney movie. I think we started in Nov. and watched one every Fri. &/or Sat. down in our family room by the fireplace, until we went at the end of Feb. I want to do it again this time but didn't know how I'd do it without telling them about the trip but this morning it was chilly so they asked for a fire and I said "hey, we haven't watched any Disney movies in a long time. I think after Christmas we should make a list of Disney movies and then every weekend during the winter we can have movie night by the fire." they were like "yeah..... sure....whatever......" I'm sure when the time comes they'll be asking to watch iCarly or Austin and Ally instead, lol
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #1539
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

oh, and btw, I haven't booked our airfare down yet because I'm waiting for my SW reward points to be credited, but I've still been checking the fares regularly and they have not moved even one penny! The flight I want is/has been $347 forever. Such a ripoff!!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #1540
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

We haven't booked our flights either. Keeping our fingers crossed that the price will drop! It's so difficult to figure out the best time to book flights.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #1541
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

My first bump in the road with this trip. Not really a travesty, but disappointing to me none the less.

My Dad-in-law asked me to look into planning this trip. Said if I could keep it under X amount, I could take the reigns. I was all gung ho. Got all the information he requested, $2000 less than he expected to pay (I even have a coveted PIN). I gave him all the information, minus my PIN as I thought I was going to plan it/reserve it.

Friday he ended up going to a TA and spending $2000 more than he told me he wanted to pay ... For all the same stuff. He got nothing extra. The only real difference is the flights. I found them out of Pittsburgh for $220 a person. He's paying $300+ per person out of Harrisburg. Harrisburg is about 14 minutes closer to him and the majority of the crew than Pittsburgh is. However, Harrisburg is a 3 hour drive for us versus a 1 hour drive to Pittsburgh, which my folks were going to pick us up and drop us off, no rentals or parking needed.

The hubs is not surprised. His sister lives near Harrisburg and was in his Dad's ear apparently. I understand her not wanting to drive to Pittsburgh, as we don't want to drive to Harrisburg. Come on though. He could have SAVED $2500 by flying out of Pittsburgh. He could have rented her and her crew a car and paid for a hotel room for the night near the airport.

It's a small thing. I know. I'm more hurt than anything. Hubs told me that's just the way his Dad is. Figures it's not my job. I don't know what I'm doing. He'll pay someone to do it as he always does with everything.

I'm going crazy though not knowing details. I plan. It's what I do. I do all the planning for weddings, showers (baby/wedding), and vacations for everyone around me. It's what I live for. My "second job" is a wedding photographer. I like being in control. lol

I'm waiting on his Step-Mom to call me with flight details and such. I want information! It's for the same dates as stated previously, April 23-30, 2013. All Star Music. 18 people instead of the previously stated 19. That's all I know.

I've already made several ADR's (which I'll list later). I want to SEE my vacation on my account though. I don't know if I'll be able to do that with this TA. I don't know if I'll get the information to talk to the TA. I'm driving my husband crazy.

WDW
October 1987: Fort Wilderness
March 2000: Off Site
August 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2010: Off Site
April 2013: Pop Century

WDL
August 2004: Off Site
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #1542
TxYates
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullybigadventure View Post
Yes, my daughters will be 17, 13 and 11 at the time of the trip. Can't wait! You?
She's 7
Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #1543
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
She's 7
I no sooner posted that, then I saw you already said you had a seven year old daughter! Oops! 7 would be a great age for a Royal Room!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #1544
TxYates
Earning My Ears

I feel like I've planned and planned - I'm planned out, lol. There is away too much information that I almost feel like winging everything but I know I can't. I'm ready for April.

I had hoped to surprise Addison for her birthday but DH thinks have the fun is waiting and planning so we told her.

As far as the flights, are you paying $300+ total or per leg? I booked flights thru SW also at $199 a leg, plus I paid for the early bird so we can hopefully get good seats.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #1545
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Yep, $347 one way! . I lucked out and got $215/pp for the way back when Air Tran lowered their prices for like an hour one day. But nothings going down for our flight into orlando. I could probably get a flight with a layover for $250 but the extra $100/pp is worth not stopping. I'm stuck with SW as I have points I can use for at least 2 of the tickets. If I spend like $150 to buy more points I should be able to get the 3rd ticket with points so will just have to pay full price for one ticket.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: