Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #1486
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23k View Post
Hurricane update: Here in Bedford MA we still have a lot of strong winds and rain. Our power is out (charged my phone out in my car earlier) and trees are falling. One missed our house by a few feet this afternoon and then later this evening one grazed our house but it doesn't seem to have caused much damage by some miracle. I am really hoping those two are the closest calls we will have in this storm! Us and 5 other houses are trapped on our street because of felled trees. We found that out when we tried to leave the house for a warm Dinner. Instead, we put frozen Mac and cheese in tin foil and heated it up on the grill for dinner because we didn't have any other options! (Pretty good by the way if anyone else is in the same situation. Although I'd rather be at Ohana.)
I really hope everyone else is making it through ok!
I hope you are waking up to a better day today. Trees around our house are what worry me the most. Praying for your electricity to come back soon. Stay safe.
pwdebbie is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #1487
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23k View Post
That looks a lot less stressful than the first schedule
hopefan12 -- Your new schedule looks more relaxing to me also. Remember that there are snacks throughout the parks and you will probably want to try a few. You don't want to be so full from meals that you can't try something if it catches your eye. I've left one day in our schedule without a reservation just so I can feel a bit freer to snack on that day.
pwdebbie is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #1488
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23k
Hurricane update: Here in Bedford MA we still have a lot of strong winds and rain. Our power is out (charged my phone out in my car earlier) and trees are falling. One missed our house by a few feet this afternoon and then later this evening one grazed our house but it doesn't seem to have caused much damage by some miracle. I am really hoping those two are the closest calls we will have in this storm! Us and 5 other houses are trapped on our street because of felled trees. We found that out when we tried to leave the house for a warm Dinner. Instead, we put frozen Mac and cheese in tin foil and heated it up on the grill for dinner because we didn't have any other options! (Pretty good by the way if anyone else is in the same situation. Although I'd rather be at Ohana.)
I really hope everyone else is making it through ok!
I also live in SE MA and work in NB. It is a small world.
The sun is shining and everything is calm. I wish we had school today!! It really stinks to already have 2 days to make up.
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #1489
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 379

Got some ADR's to report...I love ADR day.

4/28 BOG at 7pm
5/1 1900 Park Fare 8am

This will probably be it for us since we arent using the dining plan. Unless we get free dining or a considerable enough discount comes out that I can add dining. Planning on eating like a whale on the cruise that starts on 5/2.
__________________
bigjrfan88 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #1490
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,623

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
calm. I wish we had school today!! It really stinks to already have 2 days to make up.
I agree, I'm bummed about already missing 2 days of school. Hopefully we don't have a lot of snow days to add to it!
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #1491
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran
 
DisMom1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama

I agree, I'm bummed about already missing 2 days of school. Hopefully we don't have a lot of snow days to add to it!
Ugh my school is closed again tomorrow!! Pray for a mild winter. Only a few more days and we'll have to put off WDW until summer or just cancel it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #1492
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran
 
cjsm&d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Acton, ME
Posts: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Ugh my school is closed again tomorrow!! Pray for a mild winter. Only a few more days and we'll have to put off WDW until summer or just cancel it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
They take away spring vaca in Conn? Up here in Maine they just make the kids go to school an extra week in June if they go over 5 days out.
__________________
Disney Vets
1976 (mom only)- Poly, 1991- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 1995- Outside, 1996- Yacht Club, 2004-Outside, 2006- AKL (4)/WL (5), 2008- Outside, 2009- POR, 2010- CSR, 2011- CSR/Swan, April 15, 2013- POR[/U]
[/B]
cjsm&d is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #1493
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran
 
momtwoboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,086

praying they don't touch anyones april vacation!!!!! I lived that mess last year. Hoping that anyone without power gets it back fast
__________________
: me (42)
DH (43)
DS (16)
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #1494
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^
 
Alice Royal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Twenty minutes from WDW. :D
Posts: 356

HAPPY 100 PAGES!



Sorry, I had to!

I'm a senior this year, so snow days won't affect the number of days I'm in school unless we have...five or so. However, I hate snow, so I don't really want them anyway.
__________________



THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!


THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #1495
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,623

ok, as i posted on the FB page....... who here has an 8:05 ADR for Crystal Palace on the 16th? Curses to you........ I want that!

J/K, but if anyone here does have it and happens to decide to cancel, let me know so I can snag it.
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #1496
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran
 
DisMom1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d

They take away spring vaca in Conn? Up here in Maine they just make the kids go to school an extra week in June if they go over 5 days out.
First they do that but there is a cutoff for the end of school. Then they start taking away April break. At least in my district

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #1497
ja23k
Earning My Ears
 
ja23k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 38

Back to school today (teach in Boston), but still coming home to no electricity. At least I had somewhere to charge my phone today - besides the car. It's good to hear of so many other people making it through the storm safely.
Wish we were in Disney right now!
ja23k is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #1498
librarygeek
DIS Veteran
 
librarygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,732

First of all, we made it through hurricane Sandy! We didn't lose power but we did lose internet and cable for the past day. Luckily we made it through. I hope everyone else in the area is doing well and got through it without too much damage.

On a brighter note, all of our ADRs are made! Here's what we have:

Sun 4/21 - T-REX at 6:00pm
Monday 4/22 - Be Our Guest at 4:45pm
Tuesday 4/23 - Mama Melrose at 5:15pm
Wednesday 4/24 - Rose and Crown at 7:00pm
Thursday 4/25 - San Angel Inn at 7:00pm
Friday 4/26 - Yak and Yeti at 11:30am
Saturday 4/27 - Cape May Cafe at 9:15am
librarygeek is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #1499
armsom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 7

April

trip planned for april 19 thru 26th AoA..Thanks for starting this thread...CT here and have been reading all the posts on the Dis since Im at home with the kids home from school.
armsom is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #1500
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
First of all, we made it through hurricane Sandy! We didn't lose power but we did lose internet and cable for the past day. Luckily we made it through. I hope everyone else in the area is doing well and got through it without too much damage.

On a brighter note, all of our ADRs are made! Here's what we have:

Sun 4/21 - T-REX at 6:00pm
Monday 4/22 - Be Our Guest at 4:45pm
Tuesday 4/23 - Mama Melrose at 5:15pm
Wednesday 4/24 - Rose and Crown at 7:00pm
Thursday 4/25 - San Angel Inn at 7:00pm
Friday 4/26 - Yak and Yeti at 11:30am
Saturday 4/27 - Cape May Cafe at 9:15am
I've got Be Our Guest for 4:30 the same day as you.
pwdebbie is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.