Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #91
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyaandnate2013 View Post
I love your favor bags. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase the bags from?
I ordered them off etsy. The seller had a variety of colors, and the stickers were completely customizable! Im really happy with them.
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #92
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Your candy buffet bags are so cute!! I had heard the same thing- the candy has to be wrapped individually or they have to provide it. Good you got that squared! As for them setting out 3 things- we had them set a bunch of things for ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception and they didnt charge us anything extra. I wouldnt ask until they tell you theyre charging you, but thats me. We got our table signs from Impressions and they told me it was like $100 fee to set them up - yes, to set up 6(!) table signs that already cost me $250. haha They said Disney was going to charge me the same fee anyway and they knew what they were doing. I emailed my planner immediately and confirmed there was no charge for Disney to set up my table names. Just a heads up there!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #93
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Your candy buffet bags are so cute!! I had heard the same thing- the candy has to be wrapped individually or they have to provide it. Good you got that squared! As for them setting out 3 things- we had them set a bunch of things for ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception and they didnt charge us anything extra. I wouldnt ask until they tell you theyre charging you, but thats me. We got our table signs from Impressions and they told me it was like $100 fee to set them up - yes, to set up 6(!) table signs that already cost me $250. haha They said Disney was going to charge me the same fee anyway and they knew what they were doing. I emailed my planner immediately and confirmed there was no charge for Disney to set up my table names. Just a heads up there!
Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely keep quiet till Im told theres a fee for set up! $100 is absurd to set up table signs!!! Im so glad you checked with Disney and saved that $$$ I think DF would officially lose it if someone tried to charge us that. That might be his breaking point!
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #94
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

Mini Update

Wedding planning has been on a back burner for the past few weeks. Work has kept me plenty busy, DS started soccer on top of his swimming and the weekends have been non stop with plans! Yesterday was actually my last day of work, I was laid off due to a huge cut in the budget. I was upset first, panicking since our wedding is coming up, but Im actually excited to be a stay at home mom once again.. regardless of how short it will be, Im going to enjoy it!

We leave two weeks from tomorrow for our planning session. Ive been trying to get together everything I want to show my planner to make sure they understand my vision. I am going to send over the planning packets tonight to make sure everything I have is in. Ive still got to gather up stuff for our vacation and pack. As if enough wasnt going on already, the week after we return from Disney is DS's 3rd birthday so we have that party to plan so that we're not in a rush after we get back from vacation.

Im starting to feel the pressure now! 6.5 months till the wedding and I feel like time is going to FLYYYYYYYYY
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #95
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink
 
Alifay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachydreamyxx View Post
Wedding planning has been on a back burner for the past few weeks. Work has kept me plenty busy, DS started soccer on top of his swimming and the weekends have been non stop with plans! Yesterday was actually my last day of work, I was laid off due to a huge cut in the budget. I was upset first, panicking since our wedding is coming up, but Im actually excited to be a stay at home mom once again.. regardless of how short it will be, Im going to enjoy it!

We leave two weeks from tomorrow for our planning session. Ive been trying to get together everything I want to show my planner to make sure they understand my vision. I am going to send over the planning packets tonight to make sure everything I have is in. Ive still got to gather up stuff for our vacation and pack. As if enough wasnt going on already, the week after we return from Disney is DS's 3rd birthday so we have that party to plan so that we're not in a rush after we get back from vacation.

Im starting to feel the pressure now! 6.5 months till the wedding and I feel like time is going to FLYYYYYYYYY
I am so excited for you!!! I hope you will tell us all about how your planning session goes, and lots of photos too!!

Too bad on getting aid off, I am real sorry. I bet it will be a lovely break to be stay-at-home for a while. I would just DREAM of all the last minute DIY projects I could do! I am certain everything will be lovely :D
Alifay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #96
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alifay View Post
I am so excited for you!!! I hope you will tell us all about how your planning session goes, and lots of photos too!!

Too bad on getting aid off, I am real sorry. I bet it will be a lovely break to be stay-at-home for a while. I would just DREAM of all the last minute DIY projects I could do! I am certain everything will be lovely :D

Thank you! I am definitely going to take a ton of pictures! I am so excited, I cant wait!!!
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #97
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

8 Days Till We Leave!!

Thats right! 8 days left till we leave for Disney World

I cant contain my excitement! I sent over all of my paperwork to disney, printed out all the pictures of my "vision" for our room. Ive gone over my guest counts, my menus I would love to have for both my reception and dessert party.. I think Ive got everything I need for the session! If any past brides have any tips PLEASE share!

We leave thursday afternoon at 1pm, right after DF gets out of work and we return on the 26th. 10 lovely days in WDW! My son cant wait, he was so happy when we brought out the suitcases he said "is it time to go to mickeys house now!?" Love him!! Our session isnt officially to the 21st, but I can wait.. dont want my trip to go THAT fast!

Ill be updating as soon as I get back with a huge review and tons of pictures! Now that im unemployed, I have the time to do these things
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #98
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears
 
RandiEliz2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Middlesex Co, NJ
Posts: 28

i've been reading along and love all your plans- esp. your candy bar!

have fun on your PS vaca!
__________________
Love is a song that never ends. -Bambi

Randi Alfredo Darling Firstborn Son Darling Secondborn Son Darling Daughter Charlie Boy

My Wishes PJ

RandiEliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #99
ginny114
Disney Bride
 
ginny114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 82

getting ready for our planning and tasting, hopefully i will see you there. i just talked to my planner.....did you hear they are taking out the empty fish tank in the ariel room....dont know how you feel about it but i am happy, it was such an eye sore. God i am so excited but have lots to do. let me know your thoughts or if you have heard anything i didnt about the ariel room. thanks!
__________________
XOXO ~Virginia~
ginny114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #100
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny114 View Post
getting ready for our planning and tasting, hopefully i will see you there. i just talked to my planner.....did you hear they are taking out the empty fish tank in the ariel room....dont know how you feel about it but i am happy, it was such an eye sore. God i am so excited but have lots to do. let me know your thoughts or if you have heard anything i didnt about the ariel room. thanks!
I actually had NO idea about the update at all until I went to show my future sister in law the room and it was tarped over! I had a mini freak out, so I asked my planner right away. I dont mind the fish tank being removed at all. She didnt have really any info about the updates, just that they were being "updated and refreshed". She is supposed to try and send me over some pictures so I feel better about not seeing what is going on!

I hope you enjoyed your planning session! I had such a great time at mine and Im so sad its over!
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #101
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

Back From Planning Session

Hey everyone! I am sadly back from my 10 lovely days in WDW. We had our planning session, which was a blast, and hopefully tomorrow I can start a mini trip report. I took a few pictures of all of the food, the cake tasting and our linen colors. Our planner was really sweet, and really went over my planning packet I sent in beforehand because she knew everything I had requested, and the feel I was going for. That definitely made me feel like she was trying to make my day what Im envisioning. Our chef was amazing, he was so friendly and knowledgable. Our food tasted delicious and I feel confident that our guests will have zero complaints the day of the wedding! Im scared to get back our BEO, and am hoping it doesnt have the 4-6 weeks like they said. We didnt meet with the florist since we have outside floral, however we she is going to provide some candy for our candy buffet, and id also like to request the glow vases for the dessert party. I also made all of our reservations for 11 days we will be down there since our 180 days was yesterday. Ill post our schedule sometime this week. I really feel like I got a lot accomplished! Right now though I need to unpack and organize from our trip and somehow throw together my sons 3rd birthday party which is this sunday! I dont know how Im going to pull this off, but I will have to find a way! So, I might not get to updating till next week.. but either way Ill post our BEO, planning session pictures and dining plans shortly! Have to get into planning mode now! Less than 6 months to go!!!
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #102
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran
 
CinderALLIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melb, Australia
Posts: 573

Look forward to reading about your trip
__________________
23/9/06-20/10/06 - First WDW and Overseas Trip *Off Property and Disney's All-Star Movies*
9/12/08-9/1/09 - WDW Xmas *Off Property, Disney's Port Orleans Riverside and Disney's Caribbean Beach*

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*


MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #103
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

PS Trip Report

Ive finally got everything settled down, and my sons birthday is over so I have time to actually write a trip report.

Our Planning Session was Tuesday, August 21, 2012. We had a 9am appt with our planner Pamela Mattack, and a 2:30pm Menu Tasting inside of the Yacht Club Convention Center. We arrived on time for our first part, and had to navigate through the construction of the Grand Floridian to the Wedding Pavillion. I should have taken a picture, but forgot. DF is NOT happy at all with the construction and is freaking out over it. Hopefully by February it wont be as ugly as it is now.

Pamela was extrememly organized and knew exactly what I wanted as my overall feel. She really went over the planning packet I had sent in because when Id mention something, she would refer back to something I wrote about it without looking through my papers. DF and I feel really confident with her! Im really organized so our session was about 2 hours. We mainly went over transportation and getting everyone to/from the reception. We are still waiting for our BEO, and im a bit scared We didnt meet with Floral as we already have an outside florist. Apparently now no outside floral is allowed inside of the Wedding Pavillion so I lucked out with that!


Here is a picture of our cake tasting. We requested a bunch of extra fillings, mainly the boston creme, the peanut butter cups, and a few others. It was extrememly hard to decide.



We are doing a three tier cake. Originally I was going to fly the top layer home, but DF is dead set against eating year old cake. We decided to just offer all three layers to our guests since we were in love with so many of the options. We are doing;
Tier One- Carrot and Cream Cheese (my dads favorite, and since hes paying, I threw him a bone )
Tier Two- Red Velvet and Cream Cheese (my favorite!)
Tier Three- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cup (DFs favorite)

Besides the cake tasting I also picked out table linens and the chairs. Nothing else, since I plan on making all the paper goods for the ceremony and reception.


This is us outside of Francks. It was so humid, thus why the picture is a bit foggy!

On to the good part..
Since we are having our reception at Ariels, we have to have a buffet.

Passed appetizers

Stuffed Potato Skin, Teryaki Skewers and Lobster Beignets.
All three were amazing!


Le Celliers Cheddar Cheese Soup... even better than Le Cellier! It was amazing!!


Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Assorted Veggies and Mahi Mahi in Lemoncello.
I didnt try the fish, but the chicken was delicious! It was amazing! DF and his sister didnt care for the fish, so they are changing the sauce.


My favorite! Le Cellier inspired Filet Mignon with Cream Cheese mashed potatoes!


All of our food was delicious. We want to have all of the above, plus a pasta station and a salad station.. but we are waiting for our BEO to see if we can afford it. Heres hoping so! Our chef was Tony, and he was the nicest guy.. so knowledgable! DF and I really liked him. He told us he would be our Chef the day of. We feel VERY confident.

Overall, I loved our planning session. It was so much fun, and Disney really makes you feel important. I love the private menu tasting, I loved the private waiter.. It was great! Definitely something I will always remember!
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #104
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer
 
peachydreamyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 452

Beo

Well, we got our first BEO. As expected, lots of changes need to be made! Firstly, our dessert party is losing the Espresso station and the Soda/Water Package. Second, we are moving our rehearsal dinner location so that we do not have to pay the venus fee, or the mandatory motorcoach since its an in-park event. That whole event might actually be replaced with dinner at the swan/dolphin if they ever get back to me with pricing! Third, our cake is being changed because I cant justify a $1600 cake! We are also going to replace the motorcoach with one-way vans because that will save us about $700. These changes are being made right away while we figure out what else we can switch around. Mainly because we still have $6500 worth of outside vendors on top of Disney.. and none of this is including our flights, hotel, and dining plan.





We are using outside floral, so the Disney Floral Package is only our table linens and rental chairs!
__________________
Multiple Family Trips Prior to 2007, August 2007 POP, August 2008 POP, September 2010 CSR,
April 2011 Caribbean Cruise, September 2011 CBR, March 2012 Wyndam Bonnet Creek, August 2012 POR Royal Room, February 2013 BWI.
Next trip- October 2013 CSR.
peachydreamyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #105
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran
 
princesswendy720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cranford, NJ
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachydreamyxx
Well, we got our first BEO. As expected, lots of changes need to be made! Firstly, our dessert party is losing the Espresso station and the Soda/Water Package. Second, we are moving our rehearsal dinner location so that we do not have to pay the venus fee, or the mandatory motorcoach since its an in-park event. That whole event might actually be replaced with dinner at the swan/dolphin if they ever get back to me with pricing! Third, our cake is being changed because I cant justify a $1600 cake! We are also going to replace the motorcoach with one-way vans because that will save us about $700. These changes are being made right away while we figure out what else we can switch around. Mainly because we still have $6500 worth of outside vendors on top of Disney.. and none of this is including our flights, hotel, and dining plan.

We are using outside floral, so the Disney Floral Package is only our table linens and rental chairs!
I'd ask about the bartender fee under your reception. It is supposed to be waived when you exceed a certain $$ amount.
__________________


Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.