Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #76
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Candy Buffet

7 Months 12 Days till we board the plane!

Its been awhile since I've updated, but that hasn't stopped my wedding planning! I went to PA this weekend with DF and our son. His mom and sister also came along. We were able to buy the majority of the glasses needed for the candy buffet! Im very excited over this since it was pretty cheap! We also found a few candy stores who sell bulk candy in specific colors and they also were fairly cheap. Plus, DF prefers to buy from local stores not big corporations.. so this was a huge plus!

Inspiration Pictures:

What I have so far:

I plan on purchasing two more large skinny vases for either side. I also want a flat glass tray for the area in front of the trifle bowl where we are going to do chocolate covered pretzel rods.

Candy We Plan to Use:

Im very excited over the candy buffet, and I think our guys are going to love it!!

Next Monday the flights are released for our travel dates which is very exciting! Wednesday is also when Disney is allowing guest to book 2013 packages! Very exciting week coming up!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #77
ginny114
Disney Bride

LOVE your colors and ideas for the candy buffet!!!! beautiful. quick question though....will they set that up for you or do you have to pay extra for it??? or do you have to have someone from your family set it up???

its almost time for our planning session.....we hope to run into you down there!!! its so exciting!!

what did you pick for your tasting ???
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #78
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

hi! I just recently discovered your PJ!

Just a note about the candy bar - I'm doing one too, but you do realize that Disney has to provide the candy? I requested the Mickey shaped licorice from Goofy's Candy Shop and they charged me an arm and a leg!

Hopefully your stuff is more affordable!
kkbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #79
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny114 View Post
LOVE your colors and ideas for the candy buffet!!!! beautiful. quick question though....will they set that up for you or do you have to pay extra for it??? or do you have to have someone from your family set it up???

its almost time for our planning session.....we hope to run into you down there!!! its so exciting!!

what did you pick for your tasting ???
Not sure yet, I have to ask Disney. If I need to set up I know my aunt would be more than happy to help me out with that. I actually just e-mailed my planner now with all these questions!

For the menu tasting I picked the Le Cellier inspired Filet Mignon because its our favorites! The herb crusted chicken, I forget the fish since I dont eat seafood We are also trying the Le Cellier inspired cheddar cheese soup, a loaded potato skin, the lobster beignets, teryaki beef sticks and I cant remember what else DF picked!

Im so excited!! I have one month and 5 days till I leave.. not that Im extremely excited or anything Hopefully we run into each other!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbutterfly View Post
hi! I just recently discovered your PJ!

Just a note about the candy bar - I'm doing one too, but you do realize that Disney has to provide the candy? I requested the Mickey shaped licorice from Goofy's Candy Shop and they charged me an arm and a leg!

Hopefully your stuff is more affordable!
I was not aware of that at all! I was under the impression that we could bring in anything we wanted except for the cake and food??? I just e-mailed my planner freaking out! Thanks for the heads up!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #80
ginny114
Disney Bride

Let us know what you hear back!!! i am curious myself
Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #81
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Your candy buffet looks great!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #82
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Let me know what you hear! I'd love to provide my own candy! It was quite a bit of sticker shock when I get the floral BEO!

If you want to see my floral/candy bar set up, let me know and I can pm you the BEO.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #83
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Let me know what you hear! I'd love to provide my own candy! It was quite a bit of sticker shock when I get the floral BEO!

If you want to see my floral/candy bar set up, let me know and I can pm you the BEO.
I was told you can provide your own candy as long as its individually wrapped! It also can not be homemade and wrapped, it has to be sealed from the manufacturer. Thankfully all of my candy was individually wrapped except for the jellybeans and colored m&m's.. hopefully Disney doesnt charge too much!

I would love to see your candy bar set up and BEO! It would help me budget a little better since theres now a bit of a snag! Thank you so much for giving me a heads up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny114 View Post
Let us know what you hear back!!! i am curious myself
Its not as bad as I thought! You can bring in your own candy, just has to be individually wrapped and you need to have someone set the candy bar up for you. However, Im pretty sure I read that Disney charges you $25 an hour if you need them to set up more than 3 items at the reception? Not sure, Im going to have to re-read my passporters book. My planner told me this is a great thing to go over at the planning session so Im pretty excited now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Your candy buffet looks great!
Thank you!!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #84
nic100308
DIS Veteran

The candy buffet is going to be so cool!! Do you have any ideas for candy bags yet?

Not exactly the same but, I figured since we'd have a lot of desserts at our dessert party I decided to put out pastry boxes for our guests to take a few snacks with them at the end of the night. I'll have to talk to my coordinator, but I have heard they have no problem with you taking the extras. So, might as well share with our guests. I was just thinking plain white pastry boxes from Michael's and a sticker with our names and wedding date.

I'm curious to see what you come up with as I LOVE your inspiration pictures!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

nic100308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #85
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

We're getting chinese take out containers from Disney for our bags for the candy bar and I'm thinking of providing a sticker to stick on them. I would probably do my own bags, but we actually stuck pretty close to the minimum so its an easy thing to get me there (and less I have to pack).

I hope we can take the extra candy! For what I'm paying, I better be eating candy until 2014!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #86
FutureDisBride2013
Happily Ever After is closer than I thought

Hello! Just came across your PJ and love your plans so far. I am from Huntington Sta and am in the process of moving to New Orleans, LA. Love your dress and plans so far. I totally agree with you on the NY wedding prices. It's just crazy. I couldn't bring myself to do it and just wanted to elope, but when my DF suggested Disney and knowing how much I love it, I had to look into it. We're getting married next Aug and the sitting and waiting is torture.....but I am enjoying everyone's planning in the meantime. Look forward to following along....
FutureDisBride2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #87
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I needed one more post to send my dessert party budget. So you'll be getting that soon!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #88
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I needed one more post to send my dessert party budget. So you'll be getting that soon!
Thank you SO much for sending that over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDisBride2013 View Post
Hello! Just came across your PJ and love your plans so far. I am from Huntington Sta and am in the process of moving to New Orleans, LA. Love your dress and plans so far. I totally agree with you on the NY wedding prices. It's just crazy. I couldn't bring myself to do it and just wanted to elope, but when my DF suggested Disney and knowing how much I love it, I had to look into it. We're getting married next Aug and the sitting and waiting is torture.....but I am enjoying everyone's planning in the meantime. Look forward to following along....
Thank you! NY was ridiculous.. we started planning there but for one night, I couldnt bear to do it. We are $16,000 cheaper for a Disney wedding.. which includes a dessert party as our welcome event, a rehearsal dinner at Ohanas, our wedding day, and than a farewell brunch.. So essentially a 4 day event vs 4 hours... how could we justify getting married here? I am beyond happy with our decision!

Good luck in planning your wedding! Ill keep an eye our for a PJ from you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
The candy buffet is going to be so cool!! Do you have any ideas for candy bags yet?

Not exactly the same but, I figured since we'd have a lot of desserts at our dessert party I decided to put out pastry boxes for our guests to take a few snacks with them at the end of the night. I'll have to talk to my coordinator, but I have heard they have no problem with you taking the extras. So, might as well share with our guests. I was just thinking plain white pastry boxes from Michael's and a sticker with our names and wedding date.

I'm curious to see what you come up with as I LOVE your inspiration pictures!!
We are using these bags as the containers for our buffet

Ours are white with a purple sticker that reads
"Love is Sweet.. So take a Treat"
with our names and date
Old 07-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #89
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Those candy buffet inspiration pics look great! I love the candy you've picked so far and colours are fantastic! The candy bags are really cute too.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #90
Tonyaandnate2013
Earning My Ears

I love your favor bags. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase the bags from?
Tonyaandnate2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: