Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
belle2211
DIS Veteran

I love the pics of everything! Your dress is gorgeous! And so are your bridesmaids dresses. They are similar to mine (well, strapless with the jewels in the middle) and my color was victorian lilac too...So pretty! Can't wait to see even more pics!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
I love the pics of everything! Your dress is gorgeous! And so are your bridesmaids dresses. They are similar to mine (well, strapless with the jewels in the middle) and my color was victorian lilac too...So pretty! Can't wait to see even more pics!
I find it so funny that you commented on my PJ because I literally just finished reading yours! And, when I saw your bridesmaid dress I thought "Im pretty sure thats victorian lilac!" Too funny!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #18
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachydreamyxx View Post
I find it so funny that you commented on my PJ because I literally just finished reading yours! And, when I saw your bridesmaid dress I thought "Im pretty sure thats victorian lilac!" Too funny!
It's a gorgeous color, if I do say so myself!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Congrats and Welcome!! All of your plans look great!! We invited 136 and thought we'd end up with about 80- we're at 70 with kids and 61 without, most of us coming from CT! It's a very manageable number

Yours and you girls dresses are so pretty, love that your MOH will be a different shade! Are you doing some sort of under the sea theme with Ariel's?

Old 04-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #20
KT223
Earning My Ears

Congratulations on your engagement!!

You and I are actually getting married on the same day! How exciting!
Our ceremony will be at 10:00am at the Wedding Pavillion followed by a reception at ADH.

I am loving all of your plans, and am looking forward to following along!

Me (23) DF (26) Mowgli (2)
KT223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #21
luvs2cruise
Mouseketeer

I am loving all of your plans. Your dress is gorgeous and so are the bridesmaid dresses. Looking forward to reading more!
luvs2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #22
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Congrats and Welcome!! All of your plans look great!! We invited 136 and thought we'd end up with about 80- we're at 70 with kids and 61 without, most of us coming from CT! It's a very manageable number

Yours and you girls dresses are so pretty, love that your MOH will be a different shade! Are you doing some sort of under the sea theme with Ariel's?

Thank you! I am doing an under the sea theme actually! Ariel was always my favorite princess, so Im trying to subtley incorporate her. We have decided to focus on the beach aspect with the light pinks, purples,whites and tans to incorporate our theme instead of blues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT223 View Post
Congratulations on your engagement!!

You and I are actually getting married on the same day! How exciting!
Our ceremony will be at 10:00am at the Wedding Pavillion followed by a reception at ADH.

I am loving all of your plans, and am looking forward to following along!
Thats awesome!! Congrats!! We will be counting down to the same day!! We originally had ADH held for us that day but ended up making the switch! We could have been same date, same hall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2cruise View Post
I am loving all of your plans. Your dress is gorgeous and so are the bridesmaid dresses. Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you! Hoping to update more tonight or tomorrow!!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #23
KT223
Earning My Ears

Thats awesome!! Congrats!! We will be counting down to the same day!! We originally had ADH held for us that day but ended up making the switch! We could have been same date, same hall!

That is too funny!! We definitely could have had the same date, same hall!

What time will you be getting married at the Wedding Pavillion? Maybe we will run into each other sometime throughout the day! Are you going to be in WDW in August for your planning session? DF and I have ours scheduled for Monday, August 27th.

Me (23) DF (26) Mowgli (2)
KT223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #24
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT223 View Post

That is too funny!! We definitely could have had the same date, same hall!

What time will you be getting married at the Wedding Pavillion? Maybe we will run into each other sometime throughout the day! Are you going to be in WDW in August for your planning session? DF and I have ours scheduled for Monday, August 27th.

Im getting married at 2:30 at the Wedding Pavillion! But Ill be taking my pictures around the Boardwalk afterwards till my 5pm pre-preception start time! So if you see another Bride, it will most likely be me We are planning our bachelorette party around the Boardwalk (Jellyrolls and ADH) Saturday 2/23/13.. maybe we will see you then too??

My planning session is August 21st, we're leaving the 26th!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #25
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Floral Inspiration

We have decided to use an outside vendor for floral. In NY I was paying $2290 for my bouquet, 6 bridemaids bouquet, 9 boutonnieres, 3 corsages and 15 tall centerpieces consisting of orchids and calla lillies... This vendor was probably the least expensive thing in NY. Ive been doing research and Disneys floral will cost me more than my quote for just the 6 centerpieces. Ive contacted two florists, just waiting for my quotes. Here is what Im looking for

My bouquet

Bridesmaids bouquets

Centerpieces

The centerpieces would be much smaller obviously since those are gigantic in the picture! I love the tall centerpieces, but Im really unsure how they will look in my room. Im so indecisive.

I dont know if I mentioned it, but I sent over my deposit for Beaute Speciale! Thursday I will be sending over the deposit for our videographer.. hoping for another check off the list! Im going to start looking into officiants now so that I can be done with my outside vendors!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #26
ginny114
Disney Bride

oh my gosh for someone getting married in the SAME place and SAME reception TWO WEEKS AFTER me you are way ahead of me in planning!!!!! please help me!!!! your ideas are wonderful and your dress is just stunning! maybe i should just bring you the the planning session since we are going on the same day haha.

are you using oustide floral in florida??? your colors and visions for flowers is exactly what i was thinking and i need to save money and i will go with outside vendor if i am allowed.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #27
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny114 View Post
oh my gosh for someone getting married in the SAME place and SAME reception TWO WEEKS AFTER me you are way ahead of me in planning!!!!! please help me!!!! your ideas are wonderful and your dress is just stunning! maybe i should just bring you the the planning session since we are going on the same day haha.

are you using oustide floral in florida??? your colors and visions for flowers is exactly what i was thinking and i need to save money and i will go with outside vendor if i am allowed.

Thank so much for the compliments! I my dress!!! Any time you need any help dont hesitate to send me a message!! I love to plan anything and everything! Im trying to keep my theme beachy yet romantic... so my plan is to use very pale pinks, purples, and tans because to me theyre very soft and romantic but at the same time remind me of sand and the beach! I originally was planning on using all blues but once I saw our reception room in person, the walls are very neutral and the only real blues are the seaform color on the giant balls that are on top of the pillars.

I am using an outside florist, it is saving me a bunch of money so far. The one quote I have gotten so far already has my bridesmaid bouquets at half the price that Disneys Floral Department starts at. With 6 bridesmaids thats the price of my officiant! I am getting my two other quotes on monday and if you want, Ill private message you what Im getting and at what prices to see if its something you want to look into more For me it just makes sense because I am going to reach my minimum expenditure with food, alcohol, the wedding pavillion, and my linens alone. So why pay the extra for Disneys florist when I can save $$$ and go to a local florist. Plus, our reception room allows outside vendors for floral, photography and videography
Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #28
ginny114
Disney Bride

I would love it if you could private message me when you get the quote. its so helpful that our tastes so far are similar and we are using the same room. by the way you put my mind at ease with the neutral wall comment, i have never seen the room so i was nervous about that. i am posting pictures of our save the dates soon i hope you like them! what are your ideas for Favors for the guests?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #29
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny114 View Post
I would love it if you could private message me when you get the quote. its so helpful that our tastes so far are similar and we are using the same room. by the way you put my mind at ease with the neutral wall comment, i have never seen the room so i was nervous about that. i am posting pictures of our save the dates soon i hope you like them! what are your ideas for Favors for the guests?
When you see the room in person you will LOVE it! Pictures dont do it justice! Everything is VERY neutral with the exception of the seafoam balls and the rug is a dark seafoam/teal with red designs. Odd, I know! However, you wont even notice the rug once there are tables and chairs all over so you really can use any colors and it would look good with the neutral walls/ceiling.

I will check you PJ for your save the dates, Im sure I will love them! I'm having the hardest time with favors. I found two ideas that were so cute but theyre edigble and Im trying to figure out how I will have time to make them, and have them not go stale by the time our wedding gets here. One idea is a sugarcookie that is done in the shape of a starfish that I would have placed at everyones seat to incorporate our theme a bit more, the other one is a bag of chocolate shaped seashells laid on graham crackers to look like theyre laying sand.. obviously theyd have to go inside a plastic bag, but they were cute! Ill try to post some pictures of them tonight to give you a better idea, What are you thinking of??
Old 04-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
peachydreamyxx
Mouseketeer

Favor Ideas

We have chose our officiant, and I am mailing out his deposit this week. Ive contacted three florists, one has been in constant contact with me altering and changing the final product. The other two arent exactly on top of replying to e-mails. So hopefully, within the next two weeks we will have decided on a florist and will mail out that deposit.

I'm having a really hard time finding favors. Ive contemplated making these sugar cookies;

however Im worried that they will go stale. We arrive in disney 5 days prior to the wedding, and theyd be made the weekend before so thats about a week that they will sit.

Ive also thought of these

just not sure how well chocolate will hold up. Im afraid it will melt and than Ill be favor-less.. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

I also ordered a custom design to make personalized buttons to put in our out of town bags! Im super excited about these, Ill post a picture when I have an actual button. Im on a mission to finish the out of town bags so that I can focus on wedding outfits

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: