Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #61
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney1 View Post
Can't wait to read more!
and thanks for joining!

By the way...I love all of your ducks in your siggie(:

~Abbs/Abby

Follow me on twitter: @___hardy (that's three underscores by the way)

"We can just lay back and look at the stars." -Lady Sybil Crawley

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #62
CowboyErin

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly...
Happiness is a warm puppy

I'm in! I can't wait to see what happens next. (:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #63
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

My absolutely favorite restaurant at Disney is Captain's Grille. I love their steaks and mashed potatoes!!!! SO SO YUMMY!!!!

Oh no, I don't like bad surprises at Disney!!!! Glad you all get it worked out in the end!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #64
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyErin View Post
I'm in! I can't wait to see what happens next. (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
My absolutely favorite restaurant at Disney is Captain's Grille. I love their steaks and mashed potatoes!!!! SO SO YUMMY!!!!
Oh no, I don't like bad surprises at Disney!!!! Glad you all get it worked out in the end!
Oh my Mickey Mouse, YES! Their mashed potatoes were AMAZING!!!!!

~Abbs/Abby

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
Old 07-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #65
Orreed
Olivia

Awesome trip report. Excited to read more!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #66
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

This is where I get down on my hands and knees, kiss your feet, and beg for forgiveness. Also, I will throw in a huge THANK YOU for not giving up on me. I swear to Mickey that I have written this update 6 times. 6 TIMES! Then my computer will have a spaz attack and I will lose all of my work!!
--------------------------------------

Okay, so last time I left you with a little cliffhanger about our room. Well, be prepared. Because bad Abby is about to come out.

So, we go to the front to check in. Or should I say my PARENTS go to check in, while I do what every normal 14 year old would do.

Go and watch the classic cartoons in the kiddie area. YOLO!

Anyways, we were told that we had been upgraded! So we were on total 'Disney high!'

..until we actually got to our room.

Here we go: Our building was the very back building by the river, however we did NOT have a river view. We had to walk a billion miles from our car with all of our luggage because we were no where NEAR the parking lot. Then we were on the third floor, so we had to climb the stairs because the elevators were packed or not working or something. I just remember we had a reason for not using them. We were the farthest building from the central area (food court, gift shop, arcade, and most importantly buses). We had a mattress that did not fit the bed, so we requested a new one. They said they would put a new one on while we were at the park the next day...they never did. And our housekeeping was horrible. Both of our rooms were very unclean. We asked if we could move rooms and they said every room was full. We booked almost a YEAR in advance. Why did we not have a better location room reserved for us at that time?!

The only way we could have been "upgraded" was if our room was originally IN the river.

That being said, Disney was very understanding and they gave us a free night, which we were beyond happy about. It was just all around confusing. We have never experienced anything like that at Disney before and we were mind-blown. But, like I said...Disney handled it and we have stayed at POFQ multiple times before without any problems. So, do not let this discourage you from staying there. It is still one of my favorite Disney resorts.

Okay, so I have had my evil moment, now lets get back to the happy parts. We had the basic FQ room, nothing special. Cute and quaint.

Well, I do not really have much to report after that except we watched a bit of Stacey and went of to lala land at 12:17am after we set our clocks forward an hour (DLS).
-----------------------------------------------

The next morning, we trekked to Sassagoula Floatworks for some grub. I had my leftover Blueberry-Cherry Pie from Captain's Grille the night before. AM I the only person who thinks that leftovers taste just as good if not better than the original??

My brother and my grandpa both got french toast. My parents split a croissant and my grandma got a banana nut muffin. About that time my grandpa realized he had lost his glasses (he is our problem child), so my grandmother and he (or is it him?) set off back to the room to find his glasses. The rest of us walked right onto an Animal Kingdom bus and were there shortly.

(Notice how I now have a backpack. We will call this the DUMB bag.

We immediately booked it over to get Everest fastpasses and the rest of my family went ahead and rode it since there was a shot wait. Remember that I am the bump on the log. Also, notice the wet grounds in the pictures. This is where 'wet as a frog' comes into play!!

While my family was on Everest, my grandparents called me to say they were at the front of the park, so I hurried to go and get them. I found them and I tried to kind of push them along, but they wanted to go at their own pace, so I went ahead and left them again so I could catch a picture of my family on Everest. After getting a workout of jogging all the way across the park and then back, this was the picture I got.

Bleh.

After Everest, we all headed over to Dinoland U.S.A and kind of split up again. My parents rode Dinosaur and my grandma, Blake, and I rode Primeval Whirl. My grandpa held all of our bags and found a bench. He is the bumpiest of the logs!

When we got off Primeval Whirl, my grandpa was dancing over in a corner to country music with sunglasses on while it is raining. I am not even kidding. Dancing. In the middle of Disney World. IN THE RAIN. Yep, that is my grandpa for you. And my parents wonder why I am so insane.

Once my parents got off Dinosaur, my mom stated that she wanted to ride Primeval Whirl.

...Even though we had JUST gotten off.

What. A. Diva.

I am telling you guys. My family is the most high-maintenance one in the world. Anyways, though, we agreed to ride it again with her because believe me. Repetition is not NEAR as bad as suffering her wrath.

My dad got that picture but as you can tell-we do not have that amazing of a camera.

When we got off of PW, it was starting to rain pretty hard, so we decided to grab some ice cream before heading off to Finding Nemo.

I love this guy!!

Okay, now I am going to take a second to revel in the amazing-ness that is Finding Nemo the Musical. Like for real. I am obsessed with this show.

OBSESSED.

I have the WHOLE soundtrack on my iPod, I can quote the whole show, I can mimic all the voices perfectly, I have basically memorized which bubbles that Nemo floats through at the beginning of the show, and I have perfected the choreography from Fish Are Friends. Once again-

OBSESSED.

After the show, my dad and brother went on to use their Everest fastpasses and we bought some ponchos.

When we all met up, we agreed that it was lunchtime and we heaed to none other than PIZZAFARI!

Okay, I have a little story here. Last trip, we tried this for the first time and I LOVED it. I dragged my family here again this trip and for some reason, the pizza just did not taste that great. It was EXTREMELY greasy and tasted really artificial.

Mamaw, Mom, and I got the cheese pizza. Blake got the pepperoni pizza. My dad got some kind of sub, I think. And my grandpa got smart and went off to grab some Flame Tree BBQ. He came back with some mouthwatering ribs and BBQ chicken.

Here was my dad's meal, which is the only one we got a picture of for some reason:

When we came out, it was POURING down rain and almost EVERYONE had taken cover inside a restaurant and shop. But there is one thing every good DISer knows:

When the rain comes to stay, it's the best time to play.

~Abbs/Abby

Last edited by LionKingDramaQueen; 07-18-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #67
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Nice update, Abby but wish it were sooner b/c we just got home from WDW and I have YET TO SEE the nemo show!Can you believe it? Now I really feel like we are missing something!!!! Next year for sure!

I don't blame you on thePOFQ room and I am with you on booking trips a YEAR in advance andwondering where or where did this room come from? Our Beach Club Club Level room last month - we were given a handicapped room with a crazy hand held shower thing, vanity in the bathroom, etc. For 500 a night? AH I don'tthink so...Got the same story - all rooms are full...but alas one magically opened directly across the hall SOOO all worked out but geez if you book these places a year in advance how is it our problem with the room and being overbooked? Ok off my soapbox...

Enjoying your report and tahnks for the Nemo plug!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #68
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

So glad you are back in action, we were begining to worry about you. I thought you were going to show up to your room and there was going to be like a giant snake in there or something, bummer than your room was such a disappointment, I hope I don't get stuck all the way out there when we go in September.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #69
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Nice update, Abby but wish it were sooner b/c we just got home from WDW and I have YET TO SEE the nemo show!Can you believe it? Now I really feel like we are missing something!!!! Next year for sure!

I don't blame you on thePOFQ room and I am with you on booking trips a YEAR in advance andwondering where or where did this room come from? Our Beach Club Club Level room last month - we were given a handicapped room with a crazy hand held shower thing, vanity in the bathroom, etc. For 500 a night? AH I don'tthink so...Got the same story - all rooms are full...but alas one magically opened directly across the hall SOOO all worked out but geez if you book these places a year in advance how is it our problem with the room and being overbooked? Ok off my soapbox...

Enjoying your report and tahnks for the Nemo plug!!!
I am so sorry that you missed it! Well, it is a definite MUST-DO for next trip!

I know, right?! I mean...maybe I was a little diva-ish about it. But, it just irks me. There is no way that everybody else in all of those good rooms booked as far back as us. Sorry about your Beach Club problem, but at least it worked out! We ended up staying in the same room the whole trip, even though that was not our preference.

Thanks for sticking with me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
So glad you are back in action, we were begining to worry about you. I thought you were going to show up to your room and there was going to be like a giant snake in there or something, bummer than your room was such a disappointment, I hope I don't get stuck all the way out there when we go in September.
Sorry to leave you hanging. I have been SO busy lately. I had a birthday recently, I went out of town for a week, and I am actually out of town right now but at least I have internet access.

Thank goodness it was not something like a snake! I would have DIED! D-I-E-D! No joke. It was definitely a bummer, but we very glad Disney tried to make it up to us. Hope you have a great trip!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #70
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Okay, so since I was absent so long...I thought an explanation might be a little compensation.

I have been uber busy these past few weeks for MULTIPLE reasons.

First off, I had a birthday!! That is right. On July 12th...I TURNED 14 AT LAST!!

I also went on a student leadership conference with my youth group for a few days in ORLANDO. And my birthday happened to fall while I was in Orlando, so we went ahead and celebrated my birthday early with my family.

(Be prepared for some strange faces)

I even busted out my old barbies! (Majority of which are Disney princesses haha)

Okay, so the next morning, my mom and I woke up at 3am.

You heard me...3 AM!!!

We had a plane to catch! Personally, I think that early mornings are fun.

Tiring...but fun.

We met the rest of my incoming freshmen youth group at my church at 4 and then we all caravaned to the airport.

Warning: My friends are weird.

Basically, the trip was focused on building leadership traits in us. We also got to go to Seaworld and Islands of Adventure. But...no Disney.

And I swear that someone was out to kill me.

First off...I get on the plane and EVERYONE is talking about Disney. Because HELLO! Everyone else on the plane is going to Disney...except for us. SO, to ease my nostalgia, I listened to Disney music, colored Disney coloring pages, and drew Disney park maps.

I am not even joking. I was testing myself to see if I had all the attraction locations memorized along with my friend (she loves Disney, too) and we would compare then to see who missed more attractions.

Another of my friends that was going with us to the conference was staying a few days after our trip to go to Disney.

She has never been before.

So, what do I do? What every good DISer would do. Blow her mind with the amazing-ness that is Disney.

This adorable little girl in front of us kept staring at me, so to make it less awkward I asked her where she was going. Then, the girl decided to be shy and back off. So, her mom answered for her: "Same as you!"

I just kind of looked at her with a confused look. I seriously doubted she was going to a youth conference. "Ma'am?", I said, confused.

Woman: "Aren't you guys going to Disney?"

Me: "I wish. But, no ma'am. We are a church youth group headed to a conference."

Woman: "Oh, wow. You talked as if you lived there so I just figured-"

Me: "It is like my second home, but sadly I am going to have to miss it this trip."

Woman: "Oh, that must be horrible! You seem pretty die-hard."

Me: "Ma'am, you have no idea."

I figured out her family was staying at Fort Wilderness and it was her daughter's first trip! I tried to fill her in as much as I could, but our plane landed pretty soon after we started talking.

So, that kind of made me envious. Then, we get off the plane and on the PA system we hear, "Disney's Magical Express buses are to the left, regulars are on the right."

Do you know how heart-breaking it is to be considered a 'regular?'

And to get to our bus, we have to walk by all of the cast members with the big Mickey hands holding the WELCOME TO DISNEY! signs.

Then, worst of all...they ran out of 'regular' buses. So, guess what we get?

A DISNEY CRUISE LINE BUS!!!

Why does the world hate me so much?!

And guess what music was playing? Every Disney song imaginable.

It is so depressing to get off a Disney bus somewhere NOT Disney and know that you will not see it for the rest of the trip.

Here are a few pictures from the trip.

(We are all land-sharking by the way, you just can not tell.)

(We played the cup-game to the point of obsession.)

Anyways, though, in spite of not getting to see the Mouse...I had a great trip. And my birthday happened to be the last day we were in Orlando, so I got to spend my birthday in my two favorite cities! Orlando AND Houston!!

The next day, my parents surprised me by taking me to Lion King on Broadway!

It was AMAZING! If you ever get the chance to see it...I highly recommend it!!

Speaking of plays, I was actually in one a few weeks ago, so that took a lot of time. It was for my church's vacation bible school and tons of fun. I got to play a villain sidekick in this one(: Uber fun.

It was set in the '30s so I had to wear a dress...BLEH...but I love getting to play a character that is totally different from me. The other kid who played my brother and me were kind of a Horace and Jasper (101 Dalmations). Once again...FUN.

Okay, well I am actually out of town as I give this little mini-update, so I have to go. BYE!

Continued in next post

~Abbs/Abby

Last edited by LionKingDramaQueen; 08-18-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #71
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Oh Abby!!! that is hilarious!!! GReat journal post but you poor thing....ME Cruise bus going to US/IOA???? UGH. We stopped at US/IOA before our disney trip and boy I was itching to get over to BC and start our WDW trip! You are hilarious and we enjoy your writing!!!

Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #72
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Oh Abby!!! that is hilarious!!! GReat journal post but you poor thing....ME Cruise bus going to US/IOA???? UGH. We stopped at US/IOA before our disney trip and boy I was itching to get over to BC and start our WDW trip! You are hilarious and we enjoy your writing!!!
I know that I drove my youth group crazy with all of my grumbling haha. It was really depressing because everyone at Universal had on Mickey ears and Disney shirts because they had been at Disney the day before or whatever. Thank you!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #73
Eglantine
Earning My Ears

So glad your TR is back on track. I was beginning to get worried. Bummer to be in Orlando and not at Disney, but it sounds like you had a great conference. I really hate that you had a crummy room at POFQ. That was my choice for my next moderate, but now I'm not so sure. I agree that rain can be a real Disney fan's asset...can't wait for your next update!

'13--AoA/POFQ; '10--ASMo/WL; '08--CBR; '07--AKL/Pop; '02--Swan; '96--ASMu; '88 and '89--off property; '87--FW; '81--CR; '72--off property
Old 07-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #74
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eglantine View Post
So glad your TR is back on track. I was beginning to get worried. Bummer to be in Orlando and not at Disney, but it sounds like you had a great conference. I really hate that you had a crummy room at POFQ. That was my choice for my next moderate, but now I'm not so sure. I agree that rain can be a real Disney fan's asset...can't wait for your next update!
As disappointed as I was, it is still my top recommended moderate. I think POFQ was just having an off-night. The size and service of the resort as a whole is great. Please do not let my review make that decision. It is in my top 3 resorts and probably always will be, so give it a try. I HIGHLY recommend it. Just be sure to tell them you want a location close to the central hub. Thanks for reviewing!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 07-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #75
TripTime
Mouseketeer

Keep the updates coming!
All Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2008
French Quarter 2008
All Star Movies 2008
Riverside 2009
French Quarter 2010/2011/2012/2014
Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013