Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #46
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Wooohooo!!! You have returned!!!!

I'm glad to hear that Grandpa will be o.k.

When we are in MK, we usually eat at Cosmic Rays. My family doesn't care for much Italian food like the parmesan chicken or meatball sub (great for me, yuck to them).

Philharmagic is my FAVORITE!!! Nemo??? Jasmeen??

Can't wait to read more!!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #47
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

I'm loving your trip report so far! I can't believe that you're only in 8th grade. You are very well spoken and mature for your age!

Great reports so far and I can't wait to hear the story behind the SMART bag. LOL!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
SaratogaJace
Earning My Ears

Enjoying your TR!

PORS 2004
SSR 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011

Old 05-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #49
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvsme View Post
She didn't know the difference between Flounder and Nemo??
Shameful!!!

Seriously, who spends THAT kind of money on a vacation without knowing Disney??!

Great update!! I'm glad Grandpa was OK! And the meatball sub is making me hungry!!!!
Oh, I know right? It's a shame, really.

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Wooohooo!!! You have returned!!!!

I'm glad to hear that Grandpa will be o.k.

When we are in MK, we usually eat at Cosmic Rays. My family doesn't care for much Italian food like the parmesan chicken or meatball sub (great for me, yuck to them).

Philharmagic is my FAVORITE!!! Nemo??? Jasmeen??

Can't wait to read more!!
Aw! Italian is the BEST. Cosmic Rays used to be our traditional MK quick meal. But, the past couple trips we have fell in love with Pecos Bill's. But, we REALLY wanted to be different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
I'm loving your trip report so far! I can't believe that you're only in 8th grade. You are very well spoken and mature for your age!

Great reports so far and I can't wait to hear the story behind the SMART bag. LOL!!

Thank you!! I'm not sure if you would say the same thing if you actually met me, though. I tend to be a bit loud and not necessarily well spoken, but um....OUTspoken.

Thanks for joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaratogaJace View Post
Enjoying your TR!

Thank you!!

~Abbs/Abby

Follow me on twitter: @___hardy (that's three underscores by the way)

"We can just lay back and look at the stars." -Lady Sybil Crawley

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
Old 05-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #50
wendy3
Mouseketeer

Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #51
TripTime
Mouseketeer

Funnel cake!!!!!!!
All Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2008
French Quarter 2008
All Star Movies 2008
Riverside 2009
French Quarter 2010/2011/2012/2014
Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013
Coronado 2013
AKL- Kidani Village 2014
Old 06-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #52
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Eat Up and Meet Up (with my grandpa)

I am back! I am so so so so sorry! My life has been very exciting recently because I am OUT OF SCHOOL!

And you know what that means! I am officially a freshman now. I do not know whether to be excited or scared...

Anyways, though, I plan on hanging around for a while until I go vacation, but no worries. I have not abandoned you guys!!
---------------------------------------

After we finished our amazing funnel cake, we decided to hit two more attractions and then call it a day. After all, we had some crab with our name on it that night.

First, we had to use our Peter Pan fastpasses!

Then, we were off to our last attraction of the day!

What, you ask, was this special attraction?

Why, none other than the home of me in my past life!!

See?! Told you so!

The new cue is ADORABLE! I definitely recommend going through it at LEAST once. Once you get to the point where you have to choose between "graveyard" or not, choose graveyard. I promise that it will not be much longer than the other one. By the time you get to the decision point, the line is moving quickly anyways.

As much as I LOVE this ride, it is the ride that seems to me that stops the most, whether it is for handicaps or break downs. We stopped 4 times!

We said our goodbyes to the castle and caught a bus to the Yacht Club!!

Can I please just stop to have a moment of silence as we all think about the wonder and amazement that is: The Yacht and Beach Club.

My dream resort! I am really pressing for us to stay at one of the EPCOT resorts our next trip.

Hello World...

We met up with my grandpa (who was feeling a lot better), checked in at Captain's Grille and got seated immediately.

We had an amazing waitress named Michelle, however her name tag said Pat, because she had left hers at home. She was SO on top of things and energetic. She offered us great advice about a number of things concerning Disney and even told us kind of what it is like to work at Disney.

My Papaw and Blake both got the Snow Crab Legs. They were A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!

My mom, dad, and Mamaw all got the Rib Eye. It was delicious, too.

And I got the New York Strip steak. It was so delicious!! Seriously...they must be feeding these cattle candy or something. It was so tender and sweet and juicy. It was just so- UNDESCRIBABLE!

And now, for the best part. DESSERT!!!! Oh my Mickey Mouse. By far my favorite food in ALL of Disney World...maybe even the universe.

I was so full after my meal, that I got my dessert to go and had it for breakfast the next morning. It is all so filling there!!!!!

After we finished up and said our goodbyes, we all headed out to the lighthouse and hopped on a boat! We were going to finally see our room (except for my grandpa who had been napping).

However, when we got to our room, we were met with a surprise. Stay tuned!!

Continued in next post

~Abbs/Abby

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014

Last edited by LionKingDramaQueen; 07-17-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #53
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Glad to see you back. Thanks for the great report on Captains Grille. We leave for Beach Club next week and plan on a dinner there so it was good to see the pictures of the yummy food! BC/YC is our favorite resort. This will be our 4th summer in a row there! Glad your grandpa is on the mend!
DP
Old 06-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #54
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Subbing
I cannot wait to see what the surprise is, it looks like you guys had a great time. We are staying at POFQ I am looking forward to hearing about your rooms.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #55
TripTime
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
Subbing
I cannot wait to see what the surprise is, it looks like you guys had a great time. We are staying at POFQ I am looking forward to hearing about your rooms.
Uh Ohh!
All Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2008
French Quarter 2008
All Star Movies 2008
Riverside 2009
French Quarter 2010/2011/2012/2014
Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013
Coronado 2013
AKL- Kidani Village 2014
Old 06-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #56
Eglantine
Earning My Ears

Just read your last post. I know you must have been busy with end-of-school-year activities. Glad you are back. Captain's Grille looks yummy! I'm putting that on my must-do list for the next trip.

'13--AoA/POFQ; '10--ASMo/WL; '08--CBR; '07--AKL/Pop; '02--Swan; '96--ASMu; '88 and '89--off property; '87--FW; '81--CR; '72--off property
Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #57
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Glad to see you back. Thanks for the great report on Captains Grille. We leave for Beach Club next week and plan on a dinner there so it was good to see the pictures of the yummy food! BC/YC is our favorite resort. This will be our 4th summer in a row there! Glad your grandpa is on the mend!
I totally recommend it! It was our first time to eat there, but it is definitely in my top 3 favorite Disney restaurants of all time. Have a Disney-tastic trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
Subbing
Woohoo!

Well, as you will see soon, our surprise was not exactly a good one, but I do not mean to scare you off. We have stayed at POFQ MANY times, and LOVE it. Disney just had an off moment with us and they totally made it all up to us. It was just shocking. Have an amazing trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eglantine View Post
Just read your last post. I know you must have been busy with end-of-school-year activities. Glad you are back. Captain's Grille looks yummy! I'm putting that on my must-do list for the next trip.
Definitely check out CG. It was an experience I was iffy about...until I got there. Oh my Mickey Mouse- I will never miss it again. It is a good change. It is formal and nice, but you can still show up in your park day attire and not feel out of place.

~Abbs/Abby

Old 06-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #58
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

you're a really good writer Abby, can't wait to read more!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #59
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
you're a really good writer Abby, can't wait to read more!
and thank you!!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 06-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #60
ilovedisney1
Class of 2008!
A tag, with sugar on top! ;-)

Can't wait to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: