Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
Okay, I want to start by saying your teacher is awesome! If I had a teacher that was that Disney-obsessed, I would have paid better attention in algebra.

Also, I feel for you having to wait all day to get going...nothing is worse than having to sit through an entire day somewhere when you would rather be somewhere else...
Oh my Mickey! I know, right?! She's actually not that Disney-obsessed, but she is amazing and knows that I am. And the test was hard, so she was trying to give me a head start on the others. Haha. Plus, I've been giving her a lot of info to help her plan her Christmas trip.

Amen to that!(:

~Abbs/Abby

Follow me on twitter: @___hardy (that's three underscores by the way)

"We can just lay back and look at the stars." -Lady Sybil Crawley

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Okay, so when we left off- our journey was beginning.

As I walked/skipped/ran/sprinted/elephant trampled out the school, I was presented with the most glorious sight ever: A car packed to the rim and Disney bound.

Our Fearless Leader!!

I hopped in and thus began our 17 hour car ride.

I would love to say that it was super fun and full of Pixie Dust and Disney magic!

...but I would be lying.

The truth is: I hate that long car ride. LOVE the destination, hate the drive.

I am just too ADHD for that haha.

ANYWAYS, though, we left my school at about 3:50pm and we didn't make it out of our city until we had to take a restroom break.

Just a note for you in the future: Our family (well not me) has to go to the bathroom every freaking 30 minutes. It's not even funny.

We had Chick-fil-A in Lake Charles for dinner that night. Yum! Goodness gracious, I love that place.

And finally at 10pm, we arrived at our pre-reserved Best Western in Slidell, Louisiana.

It was a nice little hotel (PLUS it had a comp. breakfast), but it just wasn't Disney.

We woke up bright eyed and not-so-bushy tailed at 7 the next morning and resumed our trek at about 8.

We got into Mississippi about 9:25 and Alabama at 10:20.

I love Alabama. Such an easy, SHORT (emphasis on the SHORT) drive. We were out of there and into Florida within 40 minutes.

PLUS...we get to go through a TUNNEL!

It was a pretty special day.

1) IT WAS MY LITTLE BROTHER'S BIRTHDAY!!

2) WE WOULD BE ARRIVING IN DISNEY THAT EVENING!!

We arrived in Orlando, Florida at 7:18 and checked into our Best Western-Lake Buena Vista resort at about 7:30pm.

It was huge, but we weren't really that impressed. It, once again, just wasn't Disney.

Thankfully, we only had to stay there one night.

Well, since it was still kind of early and there was no way we were going to go to sleep yet- I mean HELLO...we had just gotten to DISNEY (sorta)...we were still psyched- we decided to drive the 2 minute drive to Downtown Disney.

Then, we decided to treat Blake to a little VOL-CAN-OOOOOOOOOO.

That's right. We were headed to...THE RAINFOREST CAFE!!

Now, we have some of these by our house and we aren't strangers to the restaurant by any means, but there is just something different about this one. And...the ones at home? Well...they just aren't Disney.

If I had a dime for how many times I've said that on this update.

As we got out of our car, the first song we heard was Zero to Hero (Hercules) immediately followed by Supercalifragilisicexpealidocious (Mary Poppins)!

When we arrived at RC, we were told that the wait was 2 hours.

Haha...NO. Sorry. But I don't enjoy eating at 9:00. Then we were told that we could use our Landry's card to split the wait in half, so that we did. It was still an unenjoyable wait (the longest of our trip) of and hour and a half, but I endured.

We were in DISNEY! Nothing was going to get me down!

Well, it was worth the wait. We had a great waitress and great food.

My grandpa and I split a DELICIOUS Parmesan chicken.

My grandma and brother split some fried shrimp.

And my Mom and Dad split the Awesome Appetizer.

Our meals were all DELICIOUS and made up for the long wait.

Okay, so here is another little note about my family. This concerns my grandpa. My Papaw is a HUGE jokester and he is always messing with me and my brother.

Well, I don't know what it was that night. Maybe my brother was just tired from driving...or something. But, he snapped.

When the first "storm" came on, and all the animals started screaming...my grandpa started to scream like a monkey as LOUD AS HE POSSIBLE COULD. My brother came unglued. He was so embarrassed (as were the rest of us) and he started yelling at my grandpa. It was...not good.

After that, we had kinda lost our appetite so we cancelled our Volcano (we were full anyways) and decided to head back to our hotel.

I swear the MINUTE we got back to our hotel, we collapsed.

It had been a long day...and we had a castle with our name on it waiting for us the next day.

Continued in next post

~Abbs/Abby

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014

Last edited by LionKingDramaQueen; 04-27-2012 at 10:04 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #18
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Your Grandpa sounds FUN!!! I feel for your little brother, he probably felt really bad after that, and like you said, he was probably just tired from 2 days of driving. I get like that too, and I'm the MOM! Moms aren't supposed to lose it!

Great update!!

P.S. Does little brother get a volcano later in the trip??? And does Grandpa forgive little brother???
Old 04-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
dana0801
Mouseketeer

I'm In

Hi LKDQ (sorry I'm a lazy typer since I do it all day long)

This is a great beginning to a trip report and you are a fantastic story teller. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

Howdy from a fellow Texan! I'm enjoying your trip report. Your school curriculum sounds pretty cool with a criminal justice class and mock trials in 8th grade! My son is in 7th, and I'm sure he would enjoy a class like that. We've never been brave enough to make the drive from Texas...that's a looong drive!! Looking forward to following along with your spring break trip!
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!! Cant wait to hear more!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #22
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvsme View Post
Your Grandpa sounds FUN!!! I feel for your little brother, he probably felt really bad after that, and like you said, he was probably just tired from 2 days of driving. I get like that too, and I'm the MOM! Moms aren't supposed to lose it!

Great update!!

P.S. Does little brother get a volcano later in the trip??? And does Grandpa forgive little brother???
Oh, believe me. He IS fun. My brother was just at his wits end...as were the rest of us haha. But, it worked out. My brother talked to him later and it was all good.

I think MY mom would agree with you. But, it's alright. If you got through what my mom has to go through daily...then you deserve a moment to blow off steam.

Sadly, my brother never got his volcano...but he's really not much of a dessert person anyways. The Volcano was mainly just for the rest of us so we could feel good about giving my brother something special...while still getting to enjoy it ourselves.

We are a very selfish family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana0801 View Post
Hi LKDQ (sorry I'm a lazy typer since I do it all day long)

This is a great beginning to a trip report and you are a fantastic story teller. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
No worries. My fault for chosing such a long name. But you can just call me Abby or Queenie.

Thank you! I'M glad that you are joining us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
Howdy from a fellow Texan! I'm enjoying your trip report. Your school curriculum sounds pretty cool with a criminal justice class and mock trials in 8th grade! My son is in 7th, and I'm sure he would enjoy a class like that. We've never been brave enough to make the drive from Texas...that's a looong drive!! Looking forward to following along with your spring break trip!
Yeehaw! We have another Texan in the house!!! I'm actually at a GT (Gifted and Talented) Academy. It is a new addition to our district as of this year and I am LOVING it. We just added a big portable building to one of our junior high campuses and threw all the GT kids (if they wanted to come) in the building. We just have a little more fast-paced and advanced curriculum and we combined our Reading and English classes so we all have an "off-period." We can choose one out of 6 courses each six weeks and they all change each six weeks. I actually just started my new "mini-course" today- THEATER!!! Woohoo! They cut theater out of our junior highs and middle schools the year before I got here, so I am psyched that I am going to have the opportunity for a little more exposure before high school next year.

I am going to admit- the drive is painful and long, but if you just keep in mind where you will be when it isover...you'll survive. I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!! Cant wait to hear more!!!
Yay! Glad you're on board. Hold on tight because you're in for a wild ride!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 04-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #23
TripTime
Mouseketeer

Your're doing great Abs. Can't wait to see all of our food pictures.
All Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2008
French Quarter 2008
All Star Movies 2008
Riverside 2009
French Quarter 2010/2011/2012/2014
Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013
Coronado 2013
AKL- Kidani Village 2014
Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #24
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripTime View Post
Your're doing great Abs. Can't wait to see all of our food pictures.
Thanks, Dad! Yeah. I was so proud that we actually managed to get pictures of ALMOST all our meals!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 04-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Hey there!

Trip review sounds great so far! Count Wings in!
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 04-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Hey there!

Trip review sounds great so far! Count Wings in!
Hey, Wings! I have not talked to you in FOREVER either. Oh my goodness. This is like a big huge DIS TB family reunion!!

Thanks for joining in! And how is life in Wings' world?

~Abbs/Abby

Old 04-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #27
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingDramaQueen View Post
Hey, Wings! I have not talked to you in FOREVER either. Oh my goodness. This is like a big huge DIS TB family reunion!!

Thanks for joining in! And how is life in Wings' world?
Hey!!!!!! I hsave't talked to you in forever either!

Life is good. Getting so close to the end of the school year! And then hopefully the DIS will be active!

And I'm going to Cali the week after the school year ends, and two days of it I'm going to Disneyland for the first time! Should be fun!

Can't wait for an update!
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 04-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #28
Eglantine
Earning My Ears

I'm enjoying your great TR! I'm a displaced Texan and miss it almost as much as I miss Disney!! Can't wait for the next day of your trip.

'13--AoA/POFQ; '10--ASMo/WL; '08--CBR; '07--AKL/Pop; '02--Swan; '96--ASMu; '88 and '89--off property; '87--FW; '81--CR; '72--off property
Old 04-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
TinkerBrig
Earning My Ears

COUNT ME IN! I am 13 too!

I loved how your teacher did the Disney extra credit thing. Your so lucky to have an awesome teacher!

Can`t wait for your next update!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #30
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingDramaQueen View Post
Erin!! Haven't talked to you in FOREVER! How are you?!
Hey! I know...haven't been on the DIS much. Hopefully I'll be on more when school lets out! And I expect you here too, missy! :P I'm great! Busy with school, but that's normal. And how are you?

That's too bad about your brother being upset. When I read that about your grandpa I started laughing really hard! It sounds like something my dad would do

Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: