Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Cool Wet as a frog, sick as a dog, bumps on a log! ~Spring Break 2012 TR ~UPDATE 3/14

Hi everyone!!

Welcome aboard the crazy train. You're gonna want to hang on tight.

I just got back from an amazing vacation with my mom, dad, DB, and grandparents. It was, of course, our Spring Break here in Texas...so we decided to use our time wisely.

Guess where we went?!

That's right! Disney World!!!

How did you guess? You must be smart. I can already tell that we have a great group!

Anyways...I thought I would start us off with some little introductions since you probably don't know me!

I'm Abby, 14 year old Disney obsessor. I live down here in Texas, so we're a smidge far from the World-but we make it work. I have been to Disney World 8 times, and Disneyland once. I am in choir (ALTO WOOP WOOP), class president of my graduating class), a member of Student Council, and a member of our weekly Christian club at school (C.I.T.Y.-Christians in the Youth) I also have a love for drama and musical theatre. Which leads into my next big thing. I really, really, really want to do Broadway when I am older. However, first, I want to be either a character performer or attractions guide at the World. I am really looking forward to college so I can apply for DCP. Sadly...I am still in measly 9th grade right now. But...hey! Patience is the key to success. (I'm pretty sure I read that in a fortune cookie somewhere. )

Next up is my little brother, Blake! He turned 11 years old on this trip and did not hesitate to remind us that...the whole trip. But, whatever. He is my COMPLETE opposite. He is the athlete of the family and has conquered ALL the sports. Baseball is his favorite though. Playing on both select and league teams, he is our all star.

My mom also played an important role on this trip. She is our planner. The one who keeps us tied down to the ground and makes sure we don't float off to lala land. She is a thrill junkie and is SUPER crafty. We love her to death and I'm sure you will too!

My dad is the man behind our magic. He is the other Disney freak of the family. He is no stranger to the DIS either. Otherwise known as TripTime-he may occasionally contribute to this TR.

Last but not least is my grandparents! They were a special addition for our trip. We weren't 100% sure if they were even gonna be able to come until-well, basically the day that we were packed and ready to go. These are my mom's parents and they always bring a little extra magic to our trips.

Well, I'm super excited for this trip report and hope all of you are too! Title explanation will soon be up and our journey will officially begin!!

WOOHOO!

~Abbs/Abby

Follow me on twitter: @___hardy (that's three underscores by the way)

"We can just lay back and look at the stars." -Lady Sybil Crawley

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014

Last edited by LionKingDramaQueen; 03-14-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

~Abbs/Abby

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014

Last edited by LionKingDramaQueen; 02-11-2013 at 05:16 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
spiroff.natasha
Mouseketeer

I'm in!

I love that you already want to do the DCP! I did it last year and had the time of my life! You can read about my experiences in my TR

Blog
WDW College Program Trip Report
We've got the moves like Mickey...a January 2012 Trip Report

Spring 2011 CP Alumni - CRT
Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Sounds like a fun report coming up
Old 04-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiroff.natasha View Post
I'm in!

I love that you already want to do the DCP! I did it last year and had the time of my life! You can read about my experiences in my TR

Yay! You're first!! Woop woop!

It's been my plan for a while now and I CANT WAIT!! I really want to do one of the scripted attractions (Kilimanjaro, Jungle CRuise, Movie Ride, etc.) or be an entertainer in a show (although I'm not sure if college kids can do those-but if not I will just have to go back once I've graduated and work FULL TIME!) or even be a character performer (one of the princesses would be AMAZING!!!

I will have to check your TR out...when my life isn't as much of a whirlwnd. Haha, Definitely sometime this week, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Sounds like a fun report coming up
Thanks for joining in!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read more!! Great title and great start so far!!!

-Dawn
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvsme View Post
I can't wait to read more!! Great title and great start so far!!!

-Dawn
Thanks for hopping on board! I know I'M excited!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 04-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

HAPPY EARLY EASTER!!!!!!

Does anyone else love Easter as much as me? It's so amazing. All the family, the LONG WEEKENDS, the REAL reason for Easter in the first place-the Resurrection of Jesus, and of course gettin' all fancied up for Easter Sunday. (:

I just love it all so much.

ANYWAYS, though...enough ranting. You will hear plenty of rants later. I swear that I'm partial ADD or something.

BUT...that doesn't matter. (Good grief. I went off on a rant...about ranting. Only me.) The real reason I'm here is to do my first ever UPDATE!!

Woohoo!

I don't have very much time, so this will be short, but just bear with me. It's just a title explanation anyways.

So, you're probably wondering if there is actually any meaning behind my title or I just came up with some random rhyming words and threw them together.

Well, I am happily here to tell you that they have MEANING...and they just so HAPPENED to rhyme. I love how life works out so perfectly.

First off is Wet as a Frog. Well, as you will see later...the weather decided to not like us on this trip. But, it turned out that we got a LOT done that day because NO one was at the park! Yay! Gotta love rain.

No, but seriously. Rain is my 4th favorite thing in the whole world.

Don't judge.

Next was Sick as a Dog. Well, my brother and my grandma have asthma, I was JUST getting over a cold, and my grandpa is having some major pain issues. SO, between the passing of inhalers, gulping of Benadryls and Ibuprofen, sneezing, coughing, and sniffling, we had an interesting trip.

Lastly is Bumps on a Log. You see, I have a TERRIBLE fear of heights. So, there are a lot of rides I don't do. I'm not a WIMP...I just don't like facing my fears.

Okay. So, I'm a wimp.

But, that's not the point! Also, my grandp has a severe case of inner-ear, so he was my "wait-off-rides buddy."

Well, I guess that's just about it. We can now get on with the show! I will TRY to do another update this weekend...but no promises.

Also, if anyone is interested...here is the link to my PTR. It's short and not as successful as I had planned...but whatever. (I still haven't done the final post. Haha.)

When Will My Life...or trip...begin?

Hope y'all check it out! Goodnight and Happy Easter everybody!

~Abbs/Abby

Last edited by LionKingDramaQueen; 04-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Britard
Mouseketeer

I'm in, too!! Can't wait to read about your weather experiences....

I love the rain and I especially love the rain at Disney World...(I'm weird)

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
I'm in, too!! Can't wait to read about your weather experiences....

I love the rain and I especially love the rain at Disney World...(I'm weird)
Yay!

I love rain, too! ...in case I hadn't already mentioned that. Haha. At my school, my friends and I have this rain dance that we do every time we want it to rain. And guess what? IT NORMALLY WORKS!! How crazy is that. I love Disney rain too. But then again...what at Disney DON'T I love?

~Abbs/Abby

Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff

Hey Abbi! Just checking in to let you know I'm in! Looks like you guys had a great trip; off to reread your PTR to remind myself what I'm in for

Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
TripTime
Mouseketeer

You're right! I am here! If you need my help you know where to find me. Actually I am about 20' away right now. Good start!
All Star Sports 2003
Pop Century 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2008
French Quarter 2008
All Star Movies 2008
Riverside 2009
French Quarter 2010/2011/2012/2014
Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013
Coronado 2013
AKL- Kidani Village 2014
Old 04-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiloveswdw View Post
Hey Abbi! Just checking in to let you know I'm in! Looks like you guys had a great trip; off to reread your PTR to remind myself what I'm in for
Erin!! Haven't talked to you in FOREVER! How are you?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripTime View Post
You're right! I am here! If you need my help you know where to find me. Actually I am about 20' away right now. Good start!
Wow, Dad. Just wow. *cough, cough, DORK, cough cough*

~Abbs/Abby

Old 04-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

2 updates in one weekend. I didn't break my promise!!

Well, I guess we should go ahead and get this show on the road!

Our journey began as my countdown clock finally rested at 00.

Thursday, the 8th, we woke up early, got the car packed, took our elctronics off their chargers, and...

Went to school.

Yeah. You heard me right. Blake and I had to endure a whole 6 hours of school before we could be on the way to our happy place.

The day went a lot better than it could have gone though. I had to take an Algebra test first period because I wouldn't be at school the next day when everyone else would take it. SO I wouldn't be distracted, my teacher told me to go take the test in the room next door which was empty. When I got to the end of the test, I couldn't help but laugh. This is what I saw.

Oh my Mickey Mouse. That just made my day! I don't understand how such an amazing person can teach such a horrid subject. BLEH!

Anyways, though, as the day dragged on...I got more and more antsy.

First period Algebra. Those bonus questions made me like numbers a little bit more.

Second period Science- boring lecture teacher. But hey! I survived.

Third period Law/Court Practices and Criminal Justice- I'm lead prosecuting attorney for our next mock trial, so I had fun.

LUNCH!

Fourth period Yearbook. Crunch time to make those press deadlines. NO teachers seem to be cooperating for class pictures, elective group shots, or even candids.

Fifth period History. Industrial revolution. Gross!

Sixth period English. Reading the play of the Diary of Anne Frank. I'm Mr. Frank!! AND I'M CHECKING OUT EARLY THIS PERIOD!!!! WOOHOO!

10 minutes into class. Constantly missing my cues to read my lines because I am so focused on the clock. Only 10 more minutes to go.

15 min. into class. I'm having to bite my tongue to keep from me from jumping with joy.

19 minutes. Teacher: "Mr. Frank? Mr. Frank?! Who's reading Mr. Frank?!? Abby?! Is that you?! Would you please read your PART?!"

20 minutes! Nothing. What? Where is my mom and dad? Where is the bell to ring for me to come to the office?! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

30 minutes. My world is crashing down.

40 minutes. THE BELL RINGS FOR ME!!! Speaker: "Excuse me? Mrs. Wyatt? Will you please send the ISS work for Mr. Kramer?"

Darn it.

50 minutes. 7th period bell rings.

5 minutes into Choir (7th period)- As we practice Bohemian Rhapsody for our concert.

The girl who sits next to me, Juel: I see a little silhouetto of a man- Pst. Abby. Aren't you supposed to leave for Disney?-Scaramouche! Will you do the fandango?

Me: Thunderbolt and lightning. Very, very frightning me.-Yes. I don't know where they are. It's freaking me out.- Galileo!

Juel: Galileo!-You're SURE it was- GALILEO!- today that you are going to- GALILEO!- Disney?!-GALILEO!

Me: Of course i"m sure. HELLO! This is Disney we- Magnificoooooo-are talking about. I've been counting down for a year!

Done with Bohemian Rhapsody. On to We are the Champions.

Our concert is Queen themed, by the way.

No bell has rung.

We Will Rock You- Nothing. Maybe they got in a wreck!

'Nother One Bites the Dust- AN OFFICE AIDE WALKS IN! She announces that the PA system is down. But...

SHE HAS A NOT FOR A MISS ABIGAIL HARDY!

I basically leaded from my top riser chair to go grab the note.

"Abigail Hardy- your parents called to let you know that you are to leave at regular time when the last bell rings. They will be waiting for you outside."

What?! I have to wait another freaking 35 minutes?!?!?!?!

Do my parents even KNOW what they are doing to me? I seriously wanted to cry.

FINALLY...the bell rings. I'm pretty sure I was foaming at the mouth by now.

I think I broke a few kids' bines on my way out the door as I pushed some people around. But, it was worth it.

I WAS HEADED TO DISNEY WORLD!!

~Abbs/Abby

Last edited by LionKingDramaQueen; 04-15-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
Britard
Mouseketeer

Okay, I want to start by saying your teacher is awesome! If I had a teacher that was that Disney-obsessed, I would have paid better attention in algebra.

Also, I feel for you having to wait all day to get going...nothing is worse than having to sit through an entire day somewhere when you would rather be somewhere else...

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: