Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
PrincessLynz
Mouseketeer

Question Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Questions

My DH and DS (age3) have take 3 previous Nassau cruises. This is our first 7 night Eastern Carribean cruise. We are sooooooooo excited to be going but I have LOTS of questions!

1.) I have read some about Tea with Alice, DS is obsessed with Alice in Wonderland! Are they going to be doing this on the Fantasy and if so how do we make reservations?

2.) Can I request to dine at AP 3 nights? If so when/how do I do that?

3.)What excursions if any would be good for a 3 year old? Right now we have the Butterfly farm in St. Martin and Coral Park in St. Thomas planned. Anyone ever done those? Is it worth our time?

4.) Will we still have a character breakfast on the 7 night? If so when is that usually?

5.) DS is wanting to do BBB for pirate night when/how do I make reservations for that?

6.) We are flying in on the day of the cruise expected arrival at 8:50am and taking DCL transfers to port. Anyone done that before? If so any tips and what time will we get to leave the airport?

7.) Any other information is greatly appreciated!!!
PrincessLynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
PrincessLynz
Mouseketeer

Question

Bump
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Since the Fantasy is currently on her maiden voyage, there is no one who can answer your questions. Your best guess at this point is what occurs on the Magic. Otherwise, wait a couple of weeks and you'll have some Fantasy info.

Coral World in St. Thomas is great for a 3 year old. If you do this on your own, there are discount coupons sometimes on their web site and in the tourist magazine that you can get free at the port. In addition, Coki Beach is right across the parking lot--family friendly, good beach. CW gives you a wrist band so you can come and go as you please to use their restrooms, snack bar, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLynz View Post
My DH and DS (age3) have take 3 previous Nassau cruises. This is our first 7 night Eastern Carribean cruise. We are sooooooooo excited to be going but I have LOTS of questions!

1.) I have read some about Tea with Alice, DS is obsessed with Alice in Wonderland! Are they going to be doing this on the Fantasy and if so how do we make reservations?

3.)What excursions if any would be good for a 3 year old? Right now we have the Butterfly farm in St. Martin and Coral Park in St. Thomas planned. Anyone ever done those? Is it worth our time?

4.) Will we still have a character breakfast on the 7 night? If so when is that usually?

5.) DS is wanting to do BBB for pirate night when/how do I make reservations for that?

6.) We are flying in on the day of the cruise expected arrival at 8:50am and taking DCL transfers to port. Anyone done that before? If so any tips and what time will we get to leave the airport?

As mentioned in the previous post we will have a better idea of what will be when the first paying guests come back and report.

That said there will most likely be a character breakfast on the 7 night cruises. As far as Tea with Alice (or I thought I heard Princess Tea but not sure) they are ticket events that are first come, first served. Usually they are picked up at the Guest Service desk.

When you land at MCO you will make your way to the ME check in desk. There you can completely check in for the cruise and receive your KTTW card, your security photo and your boarding number. You will be assigned a bus to the Port and the ride should take about an hour or so. Once at the port you just have to wait for your boarding number to be called.

These are the 3 rotations onboard the Fantasy (from another thread for Itinerary A).

DISNEY DINING ROTATIONS ON THE FANTASY
This is the rotation for Eastern Itinerary A

1. R-A-E-R-A-E-R

2. A-E-R-A-E-R-A

3. E-R-A-E-R-A-E

R = Royal Court
A = Animator's
E = Enchanted Garden

So, if you really wanted Animator's for 3 of your nights you can call and request the AERAERA rotation. Note that request are just requests, not guranteed.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
Conceptualice
Earning My Ears

Quote:

1.) I have read some about Tea with Alice, DS is obsessed with Alice in Wonderland! Are they going to be doing this on the Fantasy and if so how do we make reservations?</quote>

Urgh! I completely finished typing this answer and it got deleted, fun redo!

I do not know about tea with Alice, I just know about tea at the palo. ATM, my eastern cruise is completely booked, but I am hoping that I can snag a tea reservation once i get on the ship. If I get some extra pixie dust sprinkled on me!

<quote>
2.) Can I request to dine at AP 3 nights? If so when/how do I do that?</quote>

Call ahead to dock and request it. However, you won't know for sure you have it until you register at port the day of!

<quote>
3.)What excursions if any would be good for a 3 year old? Right now we have the Butterfly farm in St. Martin and Coral Park in St. Thomas planned. Anyone ever done those? Is it worth our time?</quote>

I have been to the butterfly farm in st. Martin sans cruise. It is beautiful, and nice enough for a 3year old. Just as a warning, they cannot get insurance, so if a storm or hurricane hits, the whole place is destroyed and has to be completely rebuilt from scratch. We were there in 2009 and it was thriving. I wouldn't mind bringing my 2.5 year old back there now, but it isn't the place adults want to visit twice, and my husband wants to revisit the marketplace.

<quote>
4.) Will we still have a character breakfast on the 7 night? If so when is that usually?</quote>

If it happens on the fantasy, it will be on the daily navigator. Even if there is not a breakfast, there are character interactions almost daily, so you will have plenty of opportunities to meet characters beside breakfast.

<quote>
5.) DS is wanting to do BBB for pirate night when/how do I make reservations for that?</quote>

ATM, on my first eastern cruise, we have been told thus far we will have to make bbb reservations once on board. This may change. ( there has been talk you will eventually be able to do it online) however, ATM, bbb reservations must be made onboard when you get on the ship.

<quote>

6.) We are flying in on the day of the cruise expected arrival at 8:50am and taking DCL transfers to port. Anyone done that before? If so any tips and what time will we get to leave the airport?</quote>

I believe the first bus leaves between 9 and 10am. It is 90 mins from the airport to port. Given your time, you should be able to get off your plane, walk to the decline transfers desk, and get all your paperwork done( you check in there and given a ship boarding number) and will be able to get on the first or second bus. Always can call the dcl number and choose the dcl transfers option to get full info and know for sure.

<quote>

If you are on the first eastern caribbean cruise, and haven't joined our meet group, you should! It is an amazing group and they have taught me a lot already. But, if you aren't, check out cruise reports! After I do mine, I plan on posting one! Either way, enjoy your cruise!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
simbasmom2
Just waitin around till boarding time!

You will be assigned a day for the character breakfast-if they are doing them. I can't imagine that they wont. They are on sea days. BBB is currently unavailable for booking. Conceptualice and I are sailing together and people from our group have said it is supposed to be a "book online activity", but it isn't set up yet. I am not booking the service, but those in my group that are said they should be able to call in the reservation soon. ( I would hope so since we sail in 18 days!!!!) I would call in the rotation request you want, but of course it isn't guaranteed. Happy Sailing!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
PrincessLynz
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much for the help! We sail May 5th and are SUPER excited !!! If any of you have any more tips or suggestions send them my way!

Also what port adventures would you do with a 3 year old? We have scheduled the butterfly farm at St. Martin and Coral park at St. Thomas through Disney. Anyone done these before or heard reviews of these?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
PrincessLynz
Mouseketeer

So just called DCL to prepay my gratuities and request dining rotation 2 AERAERA . Asked about BBB they said at this time it would have to be reserved on board but to check the online site to see if they have opened it yet. Thanks again for all your help!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
dizkids
DIS Veteran

We are doing our first eastern on the fantasy in August. I am glad i read this and learned about the dining rotations. thanks!

OP have a blast!
dizkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

Quote:
Thank you all so much for the help! We sail May 5th and are SUPER excited !!! If any of you have any more tips or suggestions send them my way!

Also what port adventures would you do with a 3 year old? We have scheduled the butterfly farm at St. Martin and Coral park at St. Thomas through Disney. Anyone done these before or heard reviews of these?
We did the butterfly farm with our 6 year old grandson, he was bored after the first 15 mins, not something I would highly recommend with little ones. It seemed more for older kids or adults Imo, wasnt all that I had expected it would be.On a scale of 1 to 10 Id give it a 4.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
DreamCruiser100
ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!

I agree in regards to the butterfly farm, we took our 8 year old, and while it was nice, I would not recommend a small child, they would be very bored unless they LOVE BUTTERFLIES, they also land on you and I did notice that one small child in our group was very freaked out about the bugs landing on her. As for the "zoo" we did that too, it was fun, but it is very poor and you can look at everything quickly, the best part is the family beach right next door, if you go preparing for a beach day I don't think you will be disappointed, the beach is small and perfect for a little one.

DreamCruiser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran

Hmmm. We took our girls to the Butterfly Farm on St. Martin when they were almost 3 & 4.5 and they loved it. They still talk about it and are very excited to get to go back in May.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer

Quote:

Just curious as to how your cruise went. My family will be going on March 9th, 2013. Did they have the tea that you were asking about? What about the character breakfast. Also was wondering if BBB was worth it, and did you do Coral World? If so, did you like it? Any other info you can provide would be great!!

Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1967

Just curious as to how your cruise went. My family will be going on March 9th, 2013. Did they have the tea that you were asking about? What about the character breakfast. Also was wondering if BBB was worth it, and did you do Coral World? If so, did you like it? Any other info you can provide would be great!!
We went on an Eastern in June on the Fantasy. No tea (which we hated anyways) & no character breakfast (which they do not do due to logistics). We're on your March cruise & will be on the Fantasy in Dec again so feel free to ask any ?'s!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eastern caribbean, excursions, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: