Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

Photoshop CS6 Beta ... anyone else using it?

I downloaded the new beta a few days ago and just installed it today. Been playing around with using the Adaptive Wide Angle filter to "de-fish" a shot of the Great Movie Ride exterior that I made with my Rokinon 8mm back in February. Certainly doesn't take the work out of it, but it makes turning curves into straight lines possible. There are some problems with the result I got, but it was my first try ("I'm still getting used to my programming"). With some practice, I'll probably be able to do better.

Haven't really tried anything else yet.

SSB
Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
alloyd1170
DIS Veteran

Awhile back I saw a demo on fixing blurry shots and making them almost perfectly sharp. Did they by chance put that in this version? If so, I'm buying it!

'73 (CR) My 1st trip @ 3- '80's (CR & FWC) Many family trips-'00 (GF) Disneyana Convention-'00 (GF) DH 1st /Mom's last trip -2/03 (CR) DS's 1st trip @ 1-1/04 (CR) Family trip-9/06 (CR) DD's 1st trip @ 15 mos-2/07 Roughing it @ FWC-9/07 (GF) Here we come again- 7/08 (SSR) DD's 3rd bday- 7/09 (SSR) DD's 4th bday-7/10 (SSR) DD's 5th bday - 4/11 (SSR) DD dancing @ the World-
alloyd1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Yes, I've been using it.

I've been playing with some of the new content aware tools. I hope it's because I'm not using them correctly, but they're not working nearly as well for me as they do in the Adobe demo videos.

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 04-07-2012 at 08:12 AM.
BirdsOfPreyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

There are usually tricks and slightly unintuitive steps we later learn to take that help the new tools work the way they're meant to work — and then we'll find ways to make them do things completely different as well.

I haven't tried the new content aware tools as yet (unless Adaptive Wide Angle counts), but I've been pretty happy with them in the past. If they're improved at all, that will be a good step forward, I think.

SSB
Old 04-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
MarkBarbieri
Semi-retired

I've been using it. I haven't done anything with it that wasn't in CS5.5 yet. I'm still getting used to the new look. I keep getting confused because my brain sees the dark background and thinks "Lightroom".

I'm pretty sure that the camera motion correction stuff is not in this version.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: