Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
jann1033
Right now I'm an inch of natural and a foot of unnatural
The time has come to break out of my mold

where would google chrome be listed ?

on my computer i mean. in my programs? supposedly it conflicts with my photoshop elements but since it's not any where i can find( ie add or remove or programs) i am guessing it's not there? sometimes it does have an auto download on some games i have loaded and i thought maybe i forgot to uncheck the box.. before i sink more money into another elements i would like to make sure i have to

The Poetry of Light website
jann1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
crazydadguy
Have fun storming the castle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jann1033 View Post
on my computer i mean. in my programs? supposedly it conflicts with my photoshop elements but since it's not any where i can find( ie add or remove or programs) i am guessing it's not there? sometimes it does have an auto download on some games i have loaded and i thought maybe i forgot to uncheck the box.. before i sink more money into another elements i would like to make sure i have to
Are you sure its calling out Google Chrome? Google Chrome is a web browser. Google has a program called Picasa that is used to edit photos. As to where it is, it would depend on your operating system. Before you sink money into a new elements, I would recommend downloading a registry cleaning tool and running that first. Its possible that someone downloaded Chrome, didnt like it, uninstalled it, and its retaining some data in the computer registry.

Check out some of my pics
crazydadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Just thought I would add to this that I have both Chrome and Elements 7. I use both all the time with no conflicts. I use Chrome exclusively for all my web browsing.

Being 2 unrelated programs I can't see why you would get that error message. But to answer your question Chrome is listed in my add/remove programs, as well as in the program list when you hit the your start button.

Hope this helps. and good luck.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
jann1033
Right now I'm an inch of natural and a foot of unnatural
The time has come to break out of my mold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Just thought I would add to this that I have both Chrome and Elements 7. I use both all the time with no conflicts. I use Chrome exclusively for all my web browsing.

Being 2 unrelated programs I can't see why you would get that error message. But to answer your question Chrome is listed in my add/remove programs, as well as in the program list when you hit the your start button.

Hope this helps. and good luck.
i asked about a problem i was having on the elements adobe forum( minor problem, can't get into my elements 5 at all, keeps saying it doesn't exist ) and on there they had a whole thread about it. they said when some downloaded Chrome and tried to use elements 5 ( and maybe 6, i think they mentioned 2) they were having the same problem. but it disappeared and elements 5 worked again once they got rid of Chrome. husband had downloaded it on his computer ( same network, different computer) but i didn't on this one . wanted to check just to make sure i didn't unintentionally do it since my elements still isn't doing anything. ( have done all the other repair reinstall etc, so this is my last resort .) i just hate to buy another elements since i so rarely use it but if i gotta i gotta. i'll check out the registry cleaning

The Poetry of Light website
jann1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

You can always go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and remove an app (Chrome) but it's not going to solve your problem in all likelihood. The probability of there actually being a conflict between PSE and Chrome is slim, though you are using a version of PSE that was shipped before Chrome existed. I guess there is a small possibility.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #6
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdouacly View Post
Google chrome is a browser which used by world most peoples. It has good graphics with better speed and services. Features of Google chrome are different which increase well usage of its.
Please back this up with statistical fact. The fact is that so far, Chrome is a massive failure in the grand scheme of things. There are many other browsers much more widespread in use including, but not limited to, IE, Firefox and Safari, in that order. Chrome isn't even on the radar screen yet statistically.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

So-called "registry cleaners" are THE most dangerous apps out there, especially in the hands of a non-professional. Avoid them at ALL costs. Leave those tasks to the pros, lest you end up with an unstable and unpredictable nightmare at best and a totally unusable machine at worst.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Honestly, this sounds like a virus that hides in Chrome. I have heard of it. IF that's the case, it's not that Chrome is causing a problem but when you uninstall the Chrome files it does get rid of the problem. Again, not saying that's what this is, just that I have heard of the issue.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
Please back this up with statistical fact. The fact is that so far, Chrome is a massive failure in the grand scheme of things. There are many other browsers much more widespread in use including, but not limited to, IE, Firefox and Safari, in that order. Chrome isn't even on the radar screen yet statistically.
I don't see any of your statistical facts to back up your claim either.

http://netmarketshare.com/browser-ma...=1&qpcustomb=0
IE - 53.83%, Firefox - 20.55%, Chrome - 18.57%, Safari - 5.07%; as of March 2012

The only two browsers ahead of Chrome is IE and Firefox. Chrome is fairly close to Firefox in market share and may soon be the second most used browser. Between May to December most browsers stayed stagnant while IE and Firefox lost it's market share to... Chrome. Time to get your radar screen fixed.

To the OP, I would agree with everyone that there is only a slim possibility of a conflict between Chrome and PSE. It could be something like a virus that poses as Chrome, pretends to be legit. And yes, be careful with registry cleaners.
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears
We cannot lose the kitchen
Who knew I had no pictures of Frontierland?

Why are folks responding to a 3 year old thread?

cpbjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #11
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears
We cannot lose the kitchen
Who knew I had no pictures of Frontierland?

I suppose I should ask the same question of myself

cpbjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Oh holy cow! I didn't even notice the date of the original post. LOL

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
MarkBarbieri
Semi-retired

Sigh. I got all excited because I thought jann1033 was back.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Oops?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #15
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Since it looks like I was the first one, let me defend myself by saying that it was in my bolded/current list when I did it. Dunno why. GNFI. I just know it was. I would have never seen it otherwise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: