Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #61
Florida Dreamin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
Thank you SO much. That is an excellent comparrison and I love the idea that they will be taking pictures on the AquaDuck.
It is a great idea, but it seemed like it had been planned out to well when we were on board. There was station up before you loaded onto the raft to scan your key card, which we did, and then it took your picture on ride. When we went to go to see our pictures at the end of the cruise none of the pictures were linked to our account or in our picture album in Shutters. We went by the promotional photo area and it seemed as if they had printed all of them off and put them ALL in one little area. Great idea, but disappointing turn out.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

250+ WDW Day Trips | 5 Disney Cruises | Disney Dream & Fantasy Pre- Inaugural
Florida Dreamin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #62
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
I don't see how that little wading pool could be for families, its in the adults only area, I think that was a silly idea to begin with, the kids have plenty of pool/water places just for them. Give us adults our own

But really...due to it's location I am pretty sure it's adults only.
No, it's not. This is a family wading pool area. If you read the sign that is there, it says children 12 and under need to be supervised, which is not on the signs in the adult areas of satellite falls and quiet cove. I also clarified with CMs on the ship that it is still classified as a family area. The MV was not crowded, so there was no need for kids to use the area. When we walked by there were adults trying to use this wading pool. IMO it is so obviously scaled for kids that they looked rediculous.

This is the wading pool's sign. As you can see, it includes references to children's ages for supervision and the fact that swim diapers are not allowed. If the pool area is crowded, this is the perfect location for children to be able to cool off and get some fresh air. We traveled with a child recovering from a serious injury and confirmed the status of this area both before and after boarding so we would know if it was available as a safe zone for her where she wouldn't have to worry about being bumped into and having to be medically evacuated from the ship.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads

Last edited by lbgraves; 04-16-2012 at 03:27 PM.
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #63
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
No, it's not. This is a family wading pool area. If you read the sign that is there, it says children 12 and under need to be supervised, which is not on the signs in the adult areas of satellite falls and quiet cove. I also clarified with CMs on the ship that it is still classified as a family area. The MV was not crowded, so there was no need for kids to use the area. When we walked by there were adults trying to use this wading pool. IMO it is so obviously scaled for kids that they looked rediculous.
Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #64
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

HTH's!

Ex Techie
This deck plan is not exactly right for the Fantasy. La Piazza has a carousel like bar in the middle of the area. It is much more of a round area with seats around the bar. We love the layout of the adult area much better on the Fantasy.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #65
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohfriend View Post
My impressions of the biggest differences:

walking onboard -- the peacock theme on the Fantasy is amazing. Even down to the tile in the elevator bank at mid-ship. And those elevators have some amazing detail in them as well.

the drink station -- okay this is my favorite change. The drink station on Fantasy's deck 11 is much closer to mid-ship so you don't feel like you have to walk as far from FLOs as you do on the Dream. The layout is much better as well. Putting the coffee and soda back/back is a great idea. Better flow in this area in general.

the quick service location -- this area is just slightly modified and there is more theming. I'm not sure it works better, but that may just be folks getting used to the job.

artwork -- both interactive and other artwork is different on the two ships (of course) I enjoyed these nuances. Especially loved the mosaics. Also had an additional detective agency outside Enchanted Garden

Shutters -- being able to order digital photos in the sizes you want is great! Also they were rolling out Aqua Duck photos on both ships when we were onboard. They are still trying to work out the bugs and it wasn't organized into the portfolios. (Saw people going through AquaDuck pictures in a huge box on the last night. -- Hundreds of photos.)

Adult areas -- Fantasy has this hands down. The pool areas (including Satellite Falls) are modified and it just works better. Also LOVE the bar areas on deck 4. It has a planned feel to it rather than the combination of great concept bars on the Dream. I'm not a drinker so I didn't spend a lot of time there, but the spaces are very inviting.

AP -- so much has been said here already. I am not a fan of the Crush show. But the Animation Magic show is INCREDIBLE. SO fun to watch your drawing come to life.

The Fantasy stage in WD Theatre was jaw dropping in it's capabilities. Love those Broadway-quality shows on both ships, but Fantasy has the edge here too.

Speaking of Edge, the tween space is slightly different, but my tweens REALLy liked the Fantasy space better. (They had a great time on both ships.)

I stayed aft on the first cruise and forward on the second. Stay mid ship or forward if you can. While the aft elevators are not busy, traveling through the middle of a restaurant is awkward.

I'm now 20 days away from the beginning of our trip -- so these are truly the items that stood out to me...not meant to be a complete list.
This is a very good rundown. The only thing I would add is they updated the Deck 5 midship area to better accomodate Port Adventures. Instead of it being on the corner, they took out the hallway and put it between the Midship Detective Agency Station and the corner.

Also, they moved the second Midship Detective Agency station down to Deck 2 and finally they took part of the Vista Gallery (about 1/3) and made it into a digital Shutters viewing area which makes a big difference in traffic flow through that area.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #66
ljm23
DIS Veteran

I hope this isn't true. While I certainly understand the desire for more spaces for younger children I'll be very disappointed if they put it right in the middle of the adult pool area. That was one of my favorite parts of Dream vs Wonder/Magic was the expanded adult area, much more space to find a lounger. I wouldn't mind infants and toddlers but it would be disturbing to have older kids running through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post

This is the wading pool's sign. As you can see, it includes references to children's ages for supervision and the fact that swim diapers are not allowed. If the pool area is crowded, this is the perfect location for children to be able to cool off and get some fresh air. We traveled with a child recovering from a serious injury and confirmed the status of this area both before and after boarding so we would know if it was available as a safe zone for her where she wouldn't have to worry about being bumped into and having to be medically evacuated from the ship.

ljm23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: