Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #46
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
I don't see how that little wading pool could be for families, its in the adults only area, I think that was a silly idea to begin with, the kids have plenty of pool/water places just for them. Give us adults our own

But really...due to it's location I am pretty sure it's adults only.
That's odd - I could have sworn it was listed on the DCL site listing for the Fantasy as a family wading pool - but it's no longer mentioned at all!

Another one of those quietly made changes?

ETA: Here's a link to the Disney Parks Blog on October 13: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...isney-fantasy/

It's listed there as "Also new to deck 12 is another area for families to cool off – a wading pool with a fountain. This area has ample seating and lounge chairs under a canopy, offering a respite in the shade."

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997

Last edited by Wendy&Grumpy; 04-04-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #47
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
That's odd - I could have sworn it was listed on the DCL site listing the Fantasy as a family wading pool - but it's no longer mentioned at all!

Another one of those quietly made changes?
Oh I totally believe you that it said that, but either 1) someone made a boo boo in advertising 2.) they realized how sill yof an idea it was to have a family wading pool right in the middle of the adults only area!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #48
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

I remember on the thread about the building of the Fantasy, there was a lot of discussion about how it didn't make sense to have that area for families right over the quiet pool. Either DCL heard us, or it was a case of mistaken identity all along.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #49
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Europa vs. The District

I haven't spent a lot of time on the Fantasy - I just got to walk around quickly while it was in NYC; but I'm pretty positive O'Gills is located where Pink is on the Dream and Oh La La is located where 687 was on the Dream.

Correct me if this has already been said, but I didn't see anyone mention the location swap.

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
JoyaDelMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #50
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
I haven't spent a lot of time on the Fantasy - I just got to walk around quickly while it was in NYC; but I'm pretty positive O'Gills is located where Pink is on the Dream and Oh La La is located where 687 was on the Dream.

Correct me if this has already been said, but I didn't see anyone mention the location swap.
[IMG][/IMG]

HTH's!

Ex Techie
extechie rbd/wdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #51
Florida Dreamin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbasmom2 View Post
Crush is supposed to be the first time in AP and the new animation show is suppose to be the last time in AP. This is according to posts from the preview cruise.
This is correct. The only difference being if you start out in Animators. If you do you'll have Crush, Pirate's Night Theme, and Animation Magic.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

250+ WDW Day Trips | 5 Disney Cruises | Disney Dream & Fantasy Pre- Inaugural
Florida Dreamin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #52
poohfriend
DIS Veteran

I recently had an almost b2b Dream/Fantasy

My impressions of the biggest differences:

walking onboard -- the peacock theme on the Fantasy is amazing. Even down to the tile in the elevator bank at mid-ship. And those elevators have some amazing detail in them as well.

the drink station -- okay this is my favorite change. The drink station on Fantasy's deck 11 is much closer to mid-ship so you don't feel like you have to walk as far from FLOs as you do on the Dream. The layout is much better as well. Putting the coffee and soda back/back is a great idea. Better flow in this area in general.

the quick service location -- this area is just slightly modified and there is more theming. I'm not sure it works better, but that may just be folks getting used to the job.

artwork -- both interactive and other artwork is different on the two ships (of course) I enjoyed these nuances. Especially loved the mosaics. Also had an additional detective agency outside Enchanted Garden

Shutters -- being able to order digital photos in the sizes you want is great! Also they were rolling out Aqua Duck photos on both ships when we were onboard. They are still trying to work out the bugs and it wasn't organized into the portfolios. (Saw people going through AquaDuck pictures in a huge box on the last night. -- Hundreds of photos.)

Adult areas -- Fantasy has this hands down. The pool areas (including Satellite Falls) are modified and it just works better. Also LOVE the bar areas on deck 4. It has a planned feel to it rather than the combination of great concept bars on the Dream. I'm not a drinker so I didn't spend a lot of time there, but the spaces are very inviting.

AP -- so much has been said here already. I am not a fan of the Crush show. But the Animation Magic show is INCREDIBLE. SO fun to watch your drawing come to life.

The Fantasy stage in WD Theatre was jaw dropping in it's capabilities. Love those Broadway-quality shows on both ships, but Fantasy has the edge here too.

Speaking of Edge, the tween space is slightly different, but my tweens REALLy liked the Fantasy space better. (They had a great time on both ships.)

I stayed aft on the first cruise and forward on the second. Stay mid ship or forward if you can. While the aft elevators are not busy, traveling through the middle of a restaurant is awkward.

I'm now 20 days away from the beginning of our trip -- so these are truly the items that stood out to me...not meant to be a complete list.
Boardwalk Inn 9/07-- welcomed our Soldier Home!;
CSR 1/2008 ; POR 3/2008 & Wonder Cruise 3/2008...What a beautiful Day at CC
Circle of Life 5K..Jan 2009 WL; Magic Cruise December 2009;
Star Wars Weekend 05/10 at POP'
ASMu & Dream Cruise 1/2011
Dream Cruise March 2012 & Yacht Club Concierge plus Fantasy Preview March 2012
AoA -- September 2012; Contemporary November 2012
AoA -- August 2013
Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy May 2014
poohfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #53
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohfriend View Post
My impressions of the biggest differences:

Thank you SO much. That is an excellent comparrison and I love the idea that they will be taking pictures on the AquaDuck.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #54
Wendy&Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Dreamin' View Post
This is correct. The only difference being if you start out in Animators. If you do you'll have Crush, Pirate's Night Theme, and Animation Magic.
Yay! We requested the rotation with AP first - hope we get it!!!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #55
domiii
To all who come to this happy place, welcome! - Walter E. Disney

I can't believe they still put the basketball court over Palo. it was very distracting during our meals.

Does anyone know if they changed the size of the seats in the WD Theater? they were not Pooh size friendly!

Looking forward to our cruise on the Fantasy anyway. Just a mere 580 days away!!
05/87 BV Palace/Contemporary ... 11/89 HoJo's ... 07/92 CBR ... 08/97 PO ... 11/99 ASMu/ASMo ... 06/02 WL/Wonder ... 04/04 Pop Century ... 11/04 POFQ ... 12/05 Christmas Magic-DCL ... 08/06 SSR ... 11/07 SSR GV ... 03/08 ASMu (K&D) ... 06/08 SSR (KE w/JR) ... 11/08 Wonder/SSR ... 07/09 OKW/AKL GV-KV/OKW ... 05/10 CS ... 12/10 SSR GV ... 04/11 ASMu ... 06/11 Dream/THV ... 05/12 THV ... 10/12 AKL-KV

domiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #56
Nette
DIS Veteran

I'm surprised I haven't seen this... even tried to search for it.

Any word on the dining rotations? I'm guessing it's like 1231231 or 1233123... but those are just my guesses (insert whatever dining rooms for each number) I'm particularly interested in an Eastern rotation. :D

Also, I thought I remembered seeing an age limit on the aqua lab... what's the word on that? (Can't find the reference now, so I'm hoping I was wrong or they lifted it)

Thanks!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #57
Wendy&Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nette View Post
I'm surprised I haven't seen this... even tried to search for it.

Any word on the dining rotations? I'm guessing it's like 1231231 or 1233123... but those are just my guesses (insert whatever dining rooms for each number) I'm particularly interested in an Eastern rotation. :D
I don't remember where I found this (most likely here on the DIS somewhere!), I had saved it in my email!

This is the rotation for Eastern Itinerary A, per my Dreams Unlimited TA.

1-R/A/E/R/A/E/R
2-A/E/R/A/E/R/A
3-E/R/A/E/R/A/E

Formal night is day 2, Pirates in day 4 and Semi Formal is day 6"

We putin our request for rotation 2.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #58
oceangirl
Mouseketeer

Based on what I've been told by several CMs and seen in a post or two, it seems that the normal Western dining rotation is 1231223. Don't know about the Eastern rotation as I'm on a Western cruise.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #59
carogarcia97
Earning My Ears

does anyone knows what any other shows apart from wishes, aladdin and disney believe, they're doing? last year i went to the dream and they do a show with muppets i guess, i didn't see it but my brother do, they're going to repeat them all? anyone knows?
carogarcia97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #60
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: