Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #31
NC State Tigger
'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Thanks!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #32
NC State Tigger
'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt View Post
Did you look at the DCL site under Fantasy > Pool's?

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...pools/aqualab/

Ex Techie
Never think to seach the DCL site---'cause everyone here knows the answers to any question
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #33
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State Tigger View Post
Never think to seach the DCL site---'cause everyone here knows the answers to any question
Your welcome for the link..... I think!

Ex Techie
extechie rbd/wdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #34
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

I was just on the ship end of March,
satellite falls is on the top deck, overlooking the other adult pool. it's not really a "pool" I was very underwhelmed.

the aqua lab is over underneath the sports deck where that other bar was that no one ever went to. It's pretty neat!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #35
extechie rbd/wdt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
I was just on the ship end of March,
satellite falls is on the top deck, overlooking the other adult pool. it's not really a "pool" I was very underwhelmed.

the aqua lab is over underneath the sports deck where that other bar was that no one ever went to. It's pretty neat!
Isn't Satellite Fall's Forward of Quiet Cove in front of elevators and stair's under a Satellite dome?

I think your thinking of the other additional wading pool just in front of the Forward funnel, overlooking Quiet Cove and not that?

Ex Techie
extechie rbd/wdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #36
simbasmom2
Just waitin around till boarding time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
I do want to get nitpicky, so thanks for that correction.

Got it.

Actually, the area on the Fantasy is called Europa. La Piazza is one of the clubs. As noted below the corresponding club ont he Dream is the District Lounge.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Crush show was replaced by the new show.

Thanks, MJ. Got a PM on that also. Already made the update.

I took guesses on those club comparisons, since reference material I was using wasn't clear on that, so thanks for that.

Crush is supposed to be the first time in AP and the new animation show is suppose to be the last time in AP. This is according to posts from the preview cruise.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #37
bounce
Earning My Ears

Actually, The Midship Detective Agency is on the Fantasy as well. It just has one more "case" to solve (The Muppet game). The puppies and art games are still there.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #38
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Actually, The Midship Detective Agency is on the Fantasy as well. It just has one more "case" to solve (The Muppet game). The puppies and art games are still there.
Thank you for the clarification.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #39
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt View Post
Isn't Satellite Fall's Forward of Quiet Cove in front of elevators and stair's under a Satellite dome?

I think your thinking of the other additional wading pool just in front of the Forward funnel, overlooking Quiet Cove and not that?

Ex Techie
yes...I had the name wrong...been a long week. Whatever the name of it is...it was eh, I was disappointed.

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #40
indychristine
Earning My Ears

Love all the info! Thank you for the spreadsheet...this has helped me a lot!

I have been wondering for so long what changes they would make, and YES...I too was hoping for a change to the Aft elevators. I just do not understand that. Oh well!

Heather....did you go to Satellite Falls also and if so what did you think of it?

And does this mean that the pool above Quiet Cove ( what appears more like a Wading pool) is for adults only or is it for families? I know it originally was for families which I did not understand seeing as it is right above the Adult area. I am hoping that it has changed over to Adult only, if only because of the noise AND let's face it, now there will be even more traffic flowing through the "adult only" area to get to it...and why not?
I've sailed all 4 DCL ships! Fantasy and Dream twice RCCL once and NCL once!
DL & WDW- Too many times to count!
Home Resorts BLT & VGF
indychristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #41
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indychristine View Post
Love all the info! Thank you for the spreadsheet...this has helped me a lot!

I have been wondering for so long what changes they would make, and YES...I too was hoping for a change to the Aft elevators. I just do not understand that. Oh well!

Heather....did you go to Satellite Falls also and if so what did you think of it?

And does this mean that the pool above Quiet Cove ( what appears more like a Wading pool) is for adults only or is it for families? I know it originally was for families which I did not understand seeing as it is right above the Adult area. I am hoping that it has changed over to Adult only, if only because of the noise AND let's face it, now there will be even more traffic flowing through the "adult only" area to get to it...and why not?
I did, and it was ok. What I would really love is if they did more of an actual pool. The "swim space" in the adult area is more like an oversized bath tub. lol!

Dec. AKL Dining Report
Old 04-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #42
coastiewifern
DIS Veteran

Great info but now I kinda wish I had booked the Fantasy instead.
My only trip as a kid 1983. The Moran family tradition begins: Jan 2002-off site,Dec 2002-Contemporary,May 2003-Shades of Green,Oct 2005-Shades of Green,Oct 2008-DCL 7 day western,Nov 2009-Shades of Green,Oct 2010-DCL 7 day eastern, Aug 2011, Oct 2011, BLT Nov 2011, March 2012 offsite, Disney Dream June 2012, July 2012 Blizzard Beach, August 2012 offsite and the end of our AP, offsite Nov 2012, BTL Jan 2013
coastiewifern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #43
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
If you want to get really nit-picky (sorry, that's how I am) the Fantasy has Mademoiselle Minnie. Don't throw anything at me.
Hmmm - I'm pretty sure France outlawed the usage of the word Madamoiselle --- everyone is a Madame now so they're not discriminated against for being/not being married.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #44
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
They were saying in the beginning that it would be for families, but MJ said she heard that it was changed to adults only.
The way I heard it was that adults just seemed to take over the area, not that anything official was done....yet, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
Hmmm - I'm pretty sure France outlawed the usage of the word Madamoiselle --- everyone is a Madame now so they're not discriminated against for being/not being married.
How typically.........French

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #45
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

I don't see how that little wading pool could be for families, its in the adults only area, I think that was a silly idea to begin with, the kids have plenty of pool/water places just for them. Give us adults our own

But really...due to it's location I am pretty sure it's adults only.

Dec. AKL Dining Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: