Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #76
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

Any last minute updates before I leave for the World next Monday???

I think I'll definitely be checking these places:
- Ft. Wilderness
- Blizzard Beach
-DisneyQuest
-Le Cellier
- EPCOT Japan....(which restaurant again?)

Thanks for any and all updates! I'm just 5 days away from my wedding and 7 days away from my Disneymoon!
3 DLR trips: 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2013 all off-site

I DON'T HAVE A TICKER RIGHT NOW!
WDWsBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #77
CiCiBee
Living Happily Ever After!

Definitely check Ft.Wilderness, we just left after checking in on the 27th, and I was able to get two. They probably have about 10 left. I know this was a mission for our trip and I am very happy we accomplished it. Hope you can get your hands on some.

CiCiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #78
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiCiBee View Post
Definitely check Ft.Wilderness, we just left after checking in on the 27th, and I was able to get two. They probably have about 10 left. I know this was a mission for our trip and I am very happy we accomplished it. Hope you can get your hands on some.

Sweet! Thank you for the update! I've always wanted to go over to Ft. Wildnerness anyways....but if I could get a hold of two of those buttons while there, that will be awesome!!! We have made it a fun goal to try to snag some while we are there! I CAN'T WAIT!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #79
Sorahana
I <3 Stitch

I asked for them when we were on our disneymoon back at the end of September and I was bummed we couldn't get them (they gave us "Happily Ever After" ones).
~Proud member of the Castaway Club~
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #80
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

Okay so Im in the World right now and Im having the hardest time finding them...i've checked the wilderness lodge, guest relations outside of the magic kingdom and guest relations at downtown disney. No luck.

What's weird is that everyone is giving different answers about when they were discontinued and when they ran out of them. Im hearing 3 years, 2 years, and 6 months...crazy stuff. I still might check Ft. Wilderness but maybe not.

...The Happily Ever After pins are working okay.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #81
Floridajo
Mouseketeer

Hi when I was at Disney in February I got some just married button from the water sports desk at the contemporary they had a bag full hope this helps :-)
Floridajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #82
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Try the hotel gift shops.

Last edited by minniebride; 08-07-2012 at 01:52 PM.
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #83
PButtercup
Earning My Ears

I was at Disney last week and got two of the Just Married buttons from Fort Wilderness. It looked like they had a half dozen or so left.
PButtercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #84
DisneyFF1124
Mouseketeer

A little Pixie Dust!!! DF and I are planning our Disneymoon and stumbled upon this thread! We were very disappointed that we may not be able to get Just Married buttons on our Disneymoon next year! Last week at work I had a conversation about a coworker’s upcoming Disney trip. He found out how much we love Disney when I informed him of the next few years of travel plans. The other night he had mentioned that he and his wife Disneymooned and even mentioned the Just Married buttons. When I informed him they stopped making them he offered us his!! He dropped them off to me last night and I have been waiting till DF gets home from work to give them to her!! Let’s hope the Pixie Dust continues throughout our wedding and upcoming trip!!

DisneyFF1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #85
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

Okay, so I'm back from the World....and we were SUCCESSFUL!!!

While in EPCOT one day, I saw a couple with the bride & groom ears AND the Just Married pins....So I asked them where they got em and they said they just ate at Le Cellier and that's where they got em.

Off to Le Cellier we went where...I told them my biggest wish for the trip was to find some Just Married pins. One of the hosts at the check-in stand reached underneath and pulled out two from a box they keep there. No reservation needed! EEEEEEEEEEE! It made my whole trip to find them!

Like I mentioned in a previous post though, I got SO many different answers from cast members on the status of these buttons. Most said "we discontinued them 2-3 years ago" or "Last time I gave some out was 6 months ago". Though, one of the last days we were there one of the Disney Transportation said "Oh! You got one of the new buttons!" ....then we told him our story and he said "Huh....well I don't know where they're all going then. They are new and there's supposed to be a huge pallet full of them somewhere".

So just know.....You're gonna get a WHOLE bunch of different responses regarding these buttons.

Also, it's a pain in the butt to get to Ft. Wilderness (no offense)....So we ended up skipping it but if you have the patience and time...Go for it!

Lastly.....Just know most cast members we encountered with our newly-found Just Married buttons were confused by them....They would shell out the standard congratulations in a monotone voice like they would for the Happily Ever After buttons, then would do a double-take, realize we actually had the Just Married buttons and would be like "Woah! Oh my gosh! You just got married?!?! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When did you get married...where...." etc. It was cute.

Oh and I did have one cast member just glance at my button and said "Happy Birthday".....I just said thank you and walked away. So weird.

So may I say good luck to you, all the future/current brides who want to find these buttons. It won't be easy....and time might be running out....but if you get lucky, congrats! Enjoy em! They might bring you some pixie dust on your Disneymoon like they did for us. I know I'll always treasure them...

P.S. My hubby said to me while we were there, "Can we have a trip where we don't have to wear buttons?" Our first trip I made him wear a 1st visit button and a Happy Birthday button, our second trip we wore Just Engaged buttons and this trip we wore Happily Ever After buttons for a few days and then our Just Married buttons the rest of the trip. It made me giggle...Especially cause I know I'll probably make us wear the Happy Anniversary buttons someday....

Old 08-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #86
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

WDWsBFF -- I am so happy that you were able to get the Just Married Buttons. I hope they don't get rid of them completely, I still have almost 2 years!!! Glad you had a wonderful and magically honeymoon.

Jodi
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #87
DisneyFairyTale2012
November Disney Bride

Buttons available

If you are still looking for Just Married WDW buttons. I received an email from the yourWDW website stating that they just recieved some more in.

Here is the link
************ dot net
Search Disney Souvenir Button Cinderella and Prince Charming

They are quite expensive but since Disney is out, ebay is out and they are truly difficult to find its better to just take a stab at it I suppose.

Hope this helps!
DisneyFairyTale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #88
rockchick04
Earning My Ears

Not really that helpful, but if anyone is in CA, they had some in Disneyland.
rockchick04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #89
prplgiraffe89
Earning My Ears

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I just bought a couple off of eBay for $1.29 each with $2.75 shipping. They are from Disneyland but I think they'll do the job! They shipped really quickly and the seller has a lot of other pins to choose from.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #90
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Just came back from Food & Wine at Epcot and Le Cellier still had them

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: