Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #106
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post
I'm along for the ride as well...we are heading to IOA in six weeks, so I'm interested in your experiences. Thanks for taking the time to share your travels!
Welcome! Thanks for joining in. I should get my next installment up tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
How amazing that you will be published like that. Your pictures are amazing though... so it isn't a huge surprise that someone has taken note of it "officially"
I'm kind of excited...but it doesn't take much to excite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm finally here!!! Loving it so far, I can't wait to hear about all the adventures and the last minute fun (even though I pretty much know already! )

Did Jeanne ever get her outfit??? That just STINKS.
Yep, we were full of last minute stuff this time...and it was fun! (Don't tell Skip I said that)
I don't think she has. I haven't talked to her since i got back. I'll have to ask. It hasn't shown up here yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
How awesome that they are going to use your photos!

Can I have your autograph??
You sure can

Jennifer Dowling....Oh wait...typing isn't the same, is it?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #107
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Congrats on having your photos published, Jen! How exciting is that!

And I can say, I met her in person!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #108
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Congrats on having your photos published, Jen! How exciting is that!

And I can say, I met her in person!
I'll be having a book signing next time we are there at the same time! Honestly, I have no clue which pictures wil lactually be used for sure and how long before they will go into print if at all. She had me load certain ones for her to use, and they weren't even the best. She wanted things like the parking signs and bubba gump and city walk signs. I am excited to see if they get used though.

Last edited by jenseib; 04-05-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #109
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After our fast walk through Seuss Landing we entered the Lost Continent.

I just love this shot.

Ok, I like this one too.

This was a fun place to photograph, sadly we didn’t spend a lot of time here.

And the moment we all have been waiting for…Entering Hogsmeade!

And look at the crowds!

It was near impossible to get a picture of the Hogwarts Express with all the people there…plus walking fast didn’t help.

I just kept shooting as I walked.

And then I spotted Ollivanders! The tip I had been given is if the line didn’t stretch past 2 buildings, it was a less than ½ hour. There was hardly even anyone there….WRONG!
I am guessing this is newer, but there is now a queue stretching back in between the shops near the Dueling Dragons exit. We got in the line and at first it didn’t seem too bad…but it was!
Skip wanted to know what ride this was. I told him it was just a little show I wanted to see (and hoped Claire would be picked for) and the lines were long for it all day, so this was the best time to see it. He wasn’t necessarily happy, but he went along with it.

While waiting, I took pictures of everything I could see in line.

I have a thing for castles (who doesn’t right?), so I kept taking pictures of it over and over.

Doesn’t Skip look so excited to be waiting in line?

Claire had to play with Perry a little bit more.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-13-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #110
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you started your new TR! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I haven't been to US in years, it was actually fairly new and IOA wasn't finished yet. One of these days I'll get back there.

Congrats on getting some pics in a Passporter book! That is really cool, but I'm not too surprised, you do take some nice pictures.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #111
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The Chimneys were all crooked on the top of the buildings. Skip just didn’t get why they would do such a thing.

While waiting, I got the feeling that they hadn’t even opened the doors yet. I knew they could only hold a small amount of people for each show, but we literally never moved a step for at least 20 minutes. Eventually we started moving though.

As we got to the door they asked us how many and I said 3 and they let us in and we were the last for that group. Darn it, I figured we would be in the back and not able to see well, but actually we walked in and just stood there ……front and center. (We had waited about 40 minutes for the show)

We saw Ollivander look around for kids and I hoped…but it wasn’t meant to be. (Actually there were more adults than kids in there too.) He looked at 2 kids who looked to be about 10-12 years old. He asked if they got along well as they had a great chemistry. The Mom totally misunderstood and it was kind of funny. She pointed to her DH and said us? And he said no, those two, and then she pointed to herself and one child, and said me and him? LOL! Ollivander was patient and finally she figured out that it was the kids she was talking about. And some of us laughed and said No they don’t get along, they are brother and sister.

They went up and he selected wands for them. As they waved the wands, boxes would move and lights would flash. Claire loved this.

It was very dark in there and you had to use a flash if you had any hopes of getting any pictures….and you were allowed to as long as it wasn’t a LED flash, which we were told were what iPhones had.

The show is very short and cute, but this is not something we’ll have to do again. Skip’s thoughts…what a big rip off…all they want to do is sell you a wand. LOL

As we walked out, Ollivander talked to Claire and asked her age, and I replied 8…wait no 7. Why did I say 8? LOL Anyways he talked to her for a minute and suggested a few different types of wands for her when she was old enough to go to Hogwarts. I think he suggested Birch or Elder, which I was surprised, because I thought people didn’t want Elder….if you have read the stories, you know why.

They had us split in 2 directions to leave the shop and we emerged out to where they sold wands. Again, Skip was disgusted that they were pushing wands so hard. Luckily, Claire didn’t fall for it and insist on buying a wand. I wasn’t opposed to her getting one, but they are pricey and I knew it would be a novelty that would wear off in 45 minutes.

We next made our way over to the bathrooms.

Moaning Myrtle is in both bathrooms….moaning of course. Claire was amazed by this as well. She wanted to know why a ghost would live in the bathroom and asked a lot of questions about her over the course of the next few days.

Next on our agenda was Forbidden Journey, so we worked our way over there.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #112
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Glad to see you started your new TR! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I haven't been to US in years, it was actually fairly new and IOA wasn't finished yet. One of these days I'll get back there.

Congrats on getting some pics in a Passporter book! That is really cool, but I'm not too surprised, you do take some nice pictures.
It was a fun trip, so different than our normal Disney days.
Thanks. I'm sure it will be awhile before we see any pics in there of mine as the book has to be written yet.
I'm just tickeled that she considered some of mine.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #113
francis6306
DIS Veteran

How neat to be asked for your pictures!!! I suppose that makes you a professional!!!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #114
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
How neat to be asked for your pictures!!! I suppose that makes you a professional!!!
I wish!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #115
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Love all the Harry potter world photos! It really looks like the movies! As to your comment about the Elder Wand....dont forget who the last TRUE holder of that wand was! So it can't be a bad thing lol. Sorry I am a wicked Harry Potter geek.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #116
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying seeing some new theme park scenery through your eyes Jen!

And as for Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom......doesn't that fancy camera of yours have video? Would be interesting to hear!

Bummer Claire didn't get chosen. I had my fingers crossed for you! Maybe they sensed her true Disney heart.......
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #117
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Love all the Harry potter world photos! It really looks like the movies! As to your comment about the Elder Wand....dont forget who the last TRUE holder of that wand was! So it can't be a bad thing lol. Sorry I am a wicked Harry Potter geek.
I love the Geeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm really enjoying seeing some new theme park scenery through your eyes Jen!

And as for Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom......doesn't that fancy camera of yours have video? Would be interesting to hear!

Bummer Claire didn't get chosen. I had my fingers crossed for you! Maybe they sensed her true Disney heart.......
No it doesn't have video, but my point and shoot does, but I would feel just slightly weird video in a bathroom...maybe next time.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #118
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yeah, more great pictures!!!!!!

I have to say that some of the photos en route to Harry Potter land could have been mine. I have some VERY similar ones!

Thanks for all the photos of Potter. We saw that area when it was built and it really looks nice. Unfortunately neither Tom nor I have read the Potter books so no connection.

I LOVE the photo of Skip looking up to the leaning chimney! It cracks me up!

Shame Claire wasn't chosen, but the ceremony looks neat.

Can't wait for more!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #119
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wow, I have GOT to get to Universal one of these trips!! I actually gasped when you said Moaning Myrtle is in the bathrooms! How cool!!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #120
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah, more great pictures!!!!!!

I have to say that some of the photos en route to Harry Potter land could have been mine. I have some VERY similar ones!

Thanks for all the photos of Potter. We saw that area when it was built and it really looks nice. Unfortunately neither Tom nor I have read the Potter books so no connection.

I LOVE the photo of Skip looking up to the leaning chimney! It cracks me up!

Shame Claire wasn't chosen, but the ceremony looks neat.

Can't wait for more!
I have many more from some of those areas. I wish we would've done more now that I think back. But we were laid back this time and had a good time.
The Harry Potter is really col to look at. I just wish it was bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Wow, I have GOT to get to Universal one of these trips!! I actually gasped when you said Moaning Myrtle is in the bathrooms! How cool!!!
It was pretty cool. It's just her voice, nothing showing her that I could find....and I looked. I think it would be cool to have her pop up very so often, but then it might scare some kids.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: