Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #91
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

My high school principal was Richard Head.

Jill in CO
Old 04-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #92
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm not sure if I'll get an update up today or not. I have to write an article for my blog and update it with my TR, and I have been putting it off. It shouldn't take too long, but then again, I haven't touch it for 2 1/2 weeks.

I had to share a little excitement though.
I got a PM from one of the gals on Passporter. I post my TR's there as well. This girl writes for Passporter and she has fabulous TR's as well. I want to be her because she travels to all these great places.

Anyways, she sent me a PM and asked if she could use some of my Universal pictures for the books. Most likely it will be in the Brittish Holiday one and possibly another. It was kind of exciting. My name will be attached to the photos used, so I'll be a celebrity! Ok, not quite a celebrity, but as close to one as I'll ever get.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-13-2012 at 01:17 PM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #93
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
My high school principal was Richard Head.

Jill in CO
NO Way!!!! That is hilarious.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #94
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Yay I found it!!! Looking forward to catching up on what you have so far~
Yay!!! You found me! And Welcome! I also have a PTR going for our upcoming cruise in Nov. Thats in my signature. the Universal dreams one. It was a 2 for 1 PTR. I still have a ton of planning to do...it would help if I just won the lottery...then I could do all I want to do without a worry.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #95
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm not sure if I'll get an update up today or not. I have to write an article for my agencies monthly newsletter and I have been putting it off. It shouldn't take too long, but then again, I haven't touch it for 2 1/2 weeks.

I had to share a little excitement though.
I got a PM from one of the gals on Passporter. I post my TR's there as well. This girl writes for Passporter and she has fabulous TR as well. I want to be her because she travels to all these great places.

Anyways, she sent me a PM and asked if she could use some of my Universal pictures for the books. Most likely it will be in the Britsh Holiday one and possibly another. It was kind of exciting. My name will be attached to the photos used, so I'll be a celebrity! Ok, not quite a celebrity, but as close to one as I'll ever get.
Congrats! That is so awesome that your pictures will be published!

Jill in CO
Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #96
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Congrats! That is so awesome that your pictures will be published!

Jill in CO
Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #97
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

That's awesome Jen!

Don't forget all us "little people" when you make it to the big time!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #98
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

The Dis has been giving me fits the last two or three days and, apparently, the post that I posted an update or two back isn't showing up. I'm betting some other person is looking at my post and thinking "what the heck is she talkinga bout" cause it's posted on the wrong trip report.

Let's see if I can remember what I wanted to comment on. The hotel you stayed in looked nice and it sounds like it was in a great location if you're visiting Universal Studios.

Wait....I wanted to comment on Claire getting the word "Bomb" out of her system. As soon as I read that, I thought about "Meet the Parents" when Ben Stiller kept saying bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb on the airplane.

Okay, back to the other stuff. I remember that long walk from the Universal parking garage to the park. And, I remember the moving sidewalks. We had the best time on them....we'd job, walk backwards, etc. I know, it's hard to imagine my family acting such a way but we did.

The pictures of Skip and the backsack are cracking me up. Poor man wasn't sure exactly how to carry it.

I am loving all of the pictures you took while walking into the park. I had forgotten how cool the park was.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #99
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

My 10th grade English teacher's name was Richard Weed.
reelmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #100
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer

Jen - I swear I'm always the last one to find everyone's new trip reports; going back to catch up - I'm sure it was a great vacation!
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #101
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
That's awesome Jen!

Don't forget all us "little people" when you make it to the big time!
LOL! I'll wait to it's actually in a book before I get too cocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The Dis has been giving me fits the last two or three days and, apparently, the post that I posted an update or two back isn't showing up. I'm betting some other person is looking at my post and thinking "what the heck is she talkinga bout" cause it's posted on the wrong trip report.

Let's see if I can remember what I wanted to comment on. The hotel you stayed in looked nice and it sounds like it was in a great location if you're visiting Universal Studios.

Wait....I wanted to comment on Claire getting the word "Bomb" out of her system. As soon as I read that, I thought about "Meet the Parents" when Ben Stiller kept saying bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb on the airplane.

Okay, back to the other stuff. I remember that long walk from the Universal parking garage to the park. And, I remember the moving sidewalks. We had the best time on them....we'd job, walk backwards, etc. I know, it's hard to imagine my family acting such a way but we did.

The pictures of Skip and the backsack are cracking me up. Poor man wasn't sure exactly how to carry it.

I am loving all of the pictures you took while walking into the park. I had forgotten how cool the park was.
Dis is acting crazy for me too. Sometimes I post and it just sits there and thinks about it for 10 minutes.
I thought of Ben Stiller too. Thanks goodness she got it out of her system at home.
There was a little boy walking the wrong way on the moving walkway...on purpose. It looked funny. I can't imagine you guys would do anything like that.
It is really a great park. And to see it with fresh eyes was great. I love Disney, but I think I overlook some stuff because I am so familiar with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
My 10th grade English teacher's name was Richard Weed.

You guys are killing me.. ...Whats with these parents.
I also have a friend and her last name is Carr....her brothers legal name is Rusty...middle initial. "O". Who names there kid Rusty O Carr? Her parents are a bit strange though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
Jen - I swear I'm always the last one to find everyone's new trip reports; going back to catch up - I'm sure it was a great vacation!
Don't worry. I am so behind on so many TR's right now too. Today was one of those days that I just had so much to do and it must be the day that everyone is posting because I now have about 120 emails in my inbox.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #102
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm along for the ride as well...we are heading to IOA in six weeks, so I'm interested in your experiences. Thanks for taking the time to share your travels!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #103
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

How amazing that you will be published like that. Your pictures are amazing though... so it isn't a huge surprise that someone has taken note of it "officially"
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #104
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm finally here!!! Loving it so far, I can't wait to hear about all the adventures and the last minute fun (even though I pretty much know already! )

Did Jeanne ever get her outfit??? That just STINKS.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #105
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

How awesome that they are going to use your photos!

Can I have your autograph??
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: