Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #76
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Jen! Love all of your pictures, as always!!!

You are seriously cracking me up with all the things Skip said & did!!!

My DH isn't nearly as funny as him, but he sure has A LOT of the same traits -- like anti-shopping for instance!!!

(I FINALLY came up with a solution so that I can shop at Downtown Disney this year -- I'm sending him to Disney Quest with Luke while I shop with Tyler! )

I can't wait to hear/see more about Universal! It's been so long since I've been there! The only things I remember are Jaws (which is sadly gone now!), Men in Black, and ET.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #77
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Great update!

I can't believe the gal on the scooter. There always seems to be someone like that. On our last trip, my dd had a collision with some gal on a scooter. She kinda barreled right over the top of dd's foot... and that made her scooter kinda tip... it was a scary moment for all...and if I am honest, it kinda made me wonder why she wasn't paying a bit more attention since she was the driver and dd is only 7... kids tend to shift around... so when she stepped into the way of this gal...I think that the gals should have seen her.

Looks like you are going to have a fun day!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #78
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Man, I can just feel the first day excitement!

And you're a bank robber? And here I just thought you were a car thief!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #79
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the update, Jen!
All those photos bring back lots of memories. We used to go to Universal for 4 days every year, but have not been since they opened Harry Potter.

Can you imagine that we stayed on property and NEVER went for early entry? Just not that much of a morning person.
I love how Skip is carrying his backpack. He looks like a really fun guy.

And thanks for posting right now, ........ now I can go to bed and don't fall too far behind. (it's past midnight here!)
LOL! I posted at that time JUST for you!
For Harry potter you must get there early or be shoulder to shoulder with people!
Skip thinks he's quite the commedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Claire not wanting to swim then wanting to, is so typical of children!

The crowd is pretty large! That is why I don't go during Spring Break, a plus when the children are grown!

Where did you get the cute shirt Claire is wearing? The one with the pomeranian on the front. That looks like my dog!
Yep. I was amazed she said she didn't want to swim...I should've known better.
I got that shirt just a few days before the trip at crazy 8. It's a branch of Gymboree and a lot of the clothes are very similar, but a little cheaper. I've shopped them online a few times and they just opened a store in our area recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
OMG!!! The walk from the parking garage to the parks takes FOREVER!!!!
It is a long walk, but it doesn't seem so bad with the moving walkways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Great updates, Jen! Love all of your pictures, as always!!!

You are seriously cracking me up with all the things Skip said & did!!!

My DH isn't nearly as funny as him, but he sure has A LOT of the same traits -- like anti-shopping for instance!!!

(I FINALLY came up with a solution so that I can shop at Downtown Disney this year -- I'm sending him to Disney Quest with Luke while I shop with Tyler! )

I can't wait to hear/see more about Universal! It's been so long since I've been there! The only things I remember are Jaws (which is sadly gone now!), Men in Black, and ET.
Skip is a funny guy. Thats one of his good points. He can make some of the dumbest jokes that are so funny...and then some that are so dumb!

They were really tearing up the jaws area. You could hear all the equipment working back there.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #80
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

They should have given you the extra key to get into the car if the Fob wouldn't work, you know the one....a brick to smash in a window!

My hubby's door thingy is broken and while we are waiting for a new one we have to use the key. Everytime he uses the key the alarm goes off until he can start the truck. UGH. Good thing he only uses the truck on weekends!

Skip seems to be a witty one! Nice backsack pictures!

Great the family was up and at'um! How long did that last!

Watch out for scooter people, they are outlaws!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #81
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Great update!

I can't believe the gal on the scooter. There always seems to be someone like that. On our last trip, my dd had a collision with some gal on a scooter. She kinda barreled right over the top of dd's foot... and that made her scooter kinda tip... it was a scary moment for all...and if I am honest, it kinda made me wonder why she wasn't paying a bit more attention since she was the driver and dd is only 7... kids tend to shift around... so when she stepped into the way of this gal...I think that the gals should have seen her.

Looks like you are going to have a fun day!
I think some people on scooters need to take some classes and not jsut on driving but manners. now I know not all people ar like this, but there are several that are. They feel like they are special and entitled. I seem to have encounters with those for some reason. This lady just had a sour look and like I said, never once looked and just ranned back at full speed. Then you have those who just honk their horn to get you out of their way.
And again, I know some really nice people who use a scooter, and I know it's needed, I'm not faulting anyone for that. But just have some manners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Man, I can just feel the first day excitement!

And you're a bank robber? And here I just thought you were a car thief!
Well.... I'm a jack of all trades!
I really have a ton of money stashed in offshore accounts.

It was exciting! It was over stimulating for my eyes. I probably walked with my mouth wide open. Good thing my camera was in front of my face most of the time so I didn't look stupid.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #82
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
They should have given you the extra key to get into the car if the Fob wouldn't work, you know the one....a brick to smash in a window!

My hubby's door thingy is broken and while we are waiting for a new one we have to use the key. Everytime he uses the key the alarm goes off until he can start the truck. UGH. Good thing he only uses the truck on weekends!

Skip seems to be a witty one! Nice backsack pictures!

Great the family was up and at'um! How long did that last!

Watch out for scooter people, they are outlaws!
We actually had 2 fobs and still we had problems. I really think it was partly user error, because we had no idea how to use them

That picture you commented on on facebook...Skip pretty muc hsaid the same thing.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #83
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

That picture you commented on on facebook...Skip pretty much said the same thing.
I need Orbit gum sometimes! ( dirty mouth? Clean it up! Chew Orbit gum!)
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931

Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #84
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I need Orbit gum sometimes! ( dirty mouth? Clean it up! Chew Orbit gum!)
You could help Skip turn innocent road names into dirty names then.

I have to say, there is an exit in Michigan....exit 69, and the road name is Big Beaver Road....you can NOT tell me they didn't do that on purpose.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #85
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
You could help Skip turn innocent road names into dirty names then.

I have to say, there is an exit in Michigan....exit 69, and the road name is Big Beaver Road....you can NOT tell me they didn't do that on purpose.
Oh My!

We have a chiropractic clinic in the next town, Pe niss, ( had to put a space or get blocked!) I can't drive past it without thinking how I would have changed my name before putting the sign up!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #86
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
I highly suggest staying onsite. You'll get early entry and unlimited express pass usage.
If you don't stay onsite, at least stay at a good neighbor hotel where you can get early entry. Thats a MUST if you want to have less crowds in Harry Potter. It's a madhouse there.

It was a madhouse in October!

I have looked at staying at a Universal hotel. Believe it or not, that is who we used to book through before we got married! lol We were big Universal fans and would just drive to Disney for the MK. lol
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #87
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Love the updates, and Skip carrying the sling-bag!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #88
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I would be afraid to tell River they were checking for bombs. I don't think he would be able to hold the word in and I would be a nervous wreck until we were out of the airport

Thats funny Skip say he doesn't have to go to the bathroom and then runs there at the last minute. Sounds just like River he never has to go until we get in the car!

Thats horrible that you curtains woulden't close in your room. I always have to sleep with a sleep mask no matter if I am at home or on vacation I have to have total darkness.

That would have made me crazy with the door locks. Whats wrong with the old way of just putting your key in the lock?

River thought the moving walkway WAS a ride. He would always just stand still on it so I would have to stand there with him but I made him move all the way over to the side so people could get by

Your pictures are reminding me of our walk in last June. I loved taking pictures there!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #89
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Love the updates, and Skip carrying the sling-bag!
I don't know why he carried it that way. I guess he's not used to carrying anything.

Quote:
Oh My!

We have a chiropractic clinic in the next town, Pe niss, ( had to put a space or get blocked!) I can't drive past it without thinking how I would have changed my name before putting the sign up!
We have a Dr in the area that does vasectomy's. His name is Richard Tapper. I bet you can guess what nickname everyone uses for his first name. It was like he was born just for that job.
Thre is also a guy who tractor pulls name Richard Peters, he goes by Rick, but Skip refers to him as the D word. I swear these parents don't think when they named their kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
It was a madhouse in October!

I have looked at staying at a Universal hotel. Believe it or not, that is who we used to book through before we got married! lol We were big Universal fans and would just drive to Disney for the MK. lol
Thos onsite hotels look fabulous! I would love to stay sometime.
I know several people who prefer Universal over Disney. They do have some great rides there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I would be afraid to tell River they were checking for bombs. I don't think he would be able to hold the word in and I would be a nervous wreck until we were out of the airport

Thats funny Skip say he doesn't have to go to the bathroom and then runs there at the last minute. Sounds just like River he never has to go until we get in the car!

Thats horrible that you curtains woulden't close in your room. I always have to sleep with a sleep mask no matter if I am at home or on vacation I have to have total darkness.

That would have made me crazy with the door locks. Whats wrong with the old way of just putting your key in the lock?

River thought the moving walkway WAS a ride. He would always just stand still on it so I would have to stand there with him but I made him move all the way over to the side so people could get by

Your pictures are reminding me of our walk in last June. I loved taking pictures there!
Yeah...I really should've thought before I told her about the bomb thing. Luckily she kept her mouth shut. I think the thought of a strip search scared her enough. On the way home Skip set the alarms off because of his hip and they had to do a thorough search on him, but not a strip search, , so she might know I was telling a bit of a tall tale there.

Skip thought the walkway was a ride on the way out too. He said he was done walking!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #90
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Yay I found it!!! Looking forward to catching up on what you have so far~

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: