Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #841
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Loved your trip report. Now I'm reading your old ones. I wish I had done trip reports so I could go back and see Hope younger.
Thanks. I do go back and look them every so often.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #842
rndmr2
DIS Veteran
 
rndmr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,723

So sorry to see your TR come to an end! It seemed like a really great trip, though, was so glad you were able to get a little Magic for your last full day, though!

I hope your plans for the fall work out.
__________________
Me (41) DH (38)
May 2010 TR May 2011 PTR May 2011 TR Sept/Oct 2014 PTR


8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #843
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,912

Great TR Jen !!Now you will have more time to visit my threads , my Free trips one keeps growing more trips !!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #844
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
So sorry to see your TR come to an end! It seemed like a really great trip, though, was so glad you were able to get a little Magic for your last full day, though!

I hope your plans for the fall work out.

It was a great trip...but anything getting away from home usually is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great TR Jen !!Now you will have more time to visit my threads , my Free trips one keeps growing more trips !!!
I know, I need to get over and read. Believe it or not, I am still way behind on Dis. I have been working on a few other projects..and still have a couple more I need to start..I keep putting them off. No reason to really do so, but I just do. Maybe I'll start my pillow case one today. Once I get my mickey head sewn in it's not too hard.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #845
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,355

Wrong thread, but I just wanted to say that I was happy to hear that you finally got Claire's dress.
Can't wait to see pics of Claire wearing it.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #846
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Wrong thread, but I just wanted to say that I was happy to hear that you finally got Claire's dress.
Can't wait to see pics of Claire wearing it.
Thanks Karin. I am so relieved. I don't like getting ripped off and I was beginning to think that might be the case.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #847
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,355

Jen, I saw the outfit on your other thread and it is just so cute! Well, then, you have the perfect model too!

So, can't you just hop to WDW in 2 weeks time? It will definitely not be the same without the first day.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #848
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jen, I saw the outfit on your other thread and it is just so cute! Well, then, you have the perfect model too!

So, can't you just hop to WDW in 2 weeks time? It will definitely not be the same without the first day.
I sure wish i could. I need to win the lottery...and play it to actually win.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #849
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,842

Working on catching up.

Fantastic photos of the parade!

Love the sweatshirt you bought. The colors look great with the black and white of the sweatshirt.

We also injected some MK into our Universal trip last summer and it was so totally worth it (although a one-day park ticket is not an inexpensive way to visit the park)

Be back soon to read about your final day.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #850
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Working on catching up.

Fantastic photos of the parade!

Love the sweatshirt you bought. The colors look great with the black and white of the sweatshirt.

We also injected some MK into our Universal trip last summer and it was so totally worth it (although a one-day park ticket is not an inexpensive way to visit the park)

Be back soon to read about your final day.
It is an expensive way to do disney. Thats what makes it so hard to do a 1 day trip to another park too. Those 1 day tickets are killers.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #851
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,842

Loved your trip report! Thanks for sharing all of your amazing pictures and great descriptions of everything you experienced!

Smart call going to Universal on the last day. Like you said, the masses were all headed to IoA. Sounds like you got in a few fun rides before leaving.

I know all about the hunger monster. Making sure I am well-fed and caffienated are the secrets to keeping me happy.

I'm glad to hear the dog quieted down. We had a yippy dog in the next row on our flight home from Puerto Rico while we were waiting to take off. I thought I was going to lose my mind if it kept barking for the entire flight. Fortunately, it stopped for most of the flight, just starting up again as we descended.

Can't wait to follow along with your next adventures!
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #852
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Loved your trip report! Thanks for sharing all of your amazing pictures and great descriptions of everything you experienced!

Smart call going to Universal on the last day. Like you said, the masses were all headed to IoA. Sounds like you got in a few fun rides before leaving.

I know all about the hunger monster. Making sure I am well-fed and caffienated are the secrets to keeping me happy.

I'm glad to hear the dog quieted down. We had a yippy dog in the next row on our flight home from Puerto Rico while we were waiting to take off. I thought I was going to lose my mind if it kept barking for the entire flight. Fortunately, it stopped for most of the flight, just starting up again as we descended.

Can't wait to follow along with your next adventures!

I have to attribute some of my good times and planning to you (and Bubbas Mom too) You both had great TR's that gave me so much info.

My next adventure will be sans family in Sept.
My good friend and I are taking a trip. I haven't offically annoucned what it is, but I am playing the guess what it is game on my PTR. (It's the Universal Dreams link in my signature). That PTR includes the Universal PTR, my upcoming Nov. trip and now this newest one which will be in Sept. I see a lot of writing in my future.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #853
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have to attribute some of my good times and planning to you (and Bubbas Mom too) You both had great TR's that gave me so much info.

My next adventure will be sans family in Sept.
My good friend and I are taking a trip. I haven't offically annoucned what it is, but I am playing the guess what it is game on my PTR. (It's the Universal Dreams link in my signature). That PTR includes the Universal PTR, my upcoming Nov. trip and now this newest one which will be in Sept. I see a lot of writing in my future.
That's so nice of you to say!!!

BubbasMom is definitely a helpful Universal expert. I learned a lot from her.

The value in my report was probably that it came from the perspective of a "newbie". Although you can get a lot of information from people who have been someplace again and again (like most of us who visit Disney frequently), sometimes you can get a lot of insight from someone is experiencing and learning about a destination for the first time
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #854
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
That's so nice of you to say!!!

BubbasMom is definitely a helpful Universal expert. I learned a lot from her.

The value in my report was probably that it came from the perspective of a "newbie". Although you can get a lot of information from people who have been someplace again and again (like most of us who visit Disney frequently), sometimes you can get a lot of insight from someone is experiencing and learning about a destination for the first time
Very true. It's nice to see both sides.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #855
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"
 
bubba's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Exeter (Reading), PA
Posts: 13,811

hey there....

just wanted to let you know, i finished your report today Sorry took so long, but spring was super busy around here..then school let out, vacation was here, and now...well, better late than never.

anyhow....it seems like you guys were pleasantly surprised at the time you had at UO (especially Skip!) You really need to go again and stay onsite...easier on his feet

people that 'stand' on the moving walkway is my peeve too (altho, we've only been a day guest once) They walk in the morning cuz they're anxious to get to the parks...yet, are so tired at the end of the day, they stand. IF they stayed onsite, they'd be 'home' by then

tip for people doing Harry Potter and early entry for the first time: don't waste time and slow down to take pix at Port of Entry. It'll still be there later...get your butt movin' to HP!

I wonder if they DID change the Ollivander queue? They didn't used to have it go behind the building that early? The tip about the line snaking between the 2 buildings being 1/2 hour wait was from a TM personally.

Glad you remembered the bathroom w/ Myrtle...and loved Claire got a big bang outta her

The 'show' in Suess Landing...w/ Lorax...must be a new thing with the movie coming out. That show didn't used to be there. Nice they have one tho

Happy to hear the 'spin' is back on Cat in the Hat. They took that out for awhile when a little kid (wasn't being watched by parents) went flying out of the ride. Ruined it...glad it's back I also got busted for taking pix on that ride. If you look up during the ride, you can see cameras everywhere. They ARE watching!

Sign in standby line at Popeyes: You WILL get wet. You MAY get soaked. Enuf said

Glad to read you enjoyed your lunch at Mville. No better place at CW imo. And yes..nachos=drool.....

Nice to see Jaws' shark is still there. Wonder if they'll keep it in the park somewhere as a tribute? (like they do w/ the all the original rides...Kong, BTTF, etc...)

I think you did have a faulty gun on MIB If you scored w/ the button (awesome job btw ) and no points with your gun, I'm guessing gun malfunction. Been known to happen

I agree with your recommendation of no more than TWO people per party at a locker screen. There's at least someone else there with you to remember your locker...more than that crowds it and is unnecessary.

I don't think Simpson's has screens at opposite ends of the building. I think they are next to each other actually.

LOVED your ice cream at WDW. I wouldn't want those calories, but I'd sacrifice 1 time

Your pix are all beautiful...especially of Toon Lagoon. You really captured the area perfectly. Just like being there.

The stores/shops in WWoHP are small because JKR wanted them that way. That is how they are in the movies/books, so she wanted them like that in the park. A more authentic feel I'm guessing? Doesn't matter...people will still go and still spend $$.

Tell me...years ago, did Hoop De Doo used to be IN the MK? I think my Mom did it when I was young? I haven't been to WDW in forever and I'm thinking this used to be there?

I'm SO glad you guys had a good time at UO. See? Toldja to give it a shot...and now you want to go back AND stay onsite. NO other way imo.

thanks for your great pix and review....makes me miss the place!
__________________
(some Universal) Trip reports:
'12 - '11 - HHN '10 - '10 - '09 - '08/DCL - '07(Jan.) - '07(July) - Mickey Mouse @ Universal!
- '04
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: