Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #826
Brownie54
Mouseketeer

What a GREAT trip report!!! We truly appreciate all the hard work you put into it. Thank you, thank you.
Brownie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #827
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your MSEP pictures are gorgeous. Did you photoshop the color back into the pictures? Love them! There's so much background light!

I really do want to ride the Simpsons ride. I just learned that the three day tickets at Costco actually don't expire until the end of 2015. You can use one day at a time. I am definitely going to Universal on my next Disney trip.

I laughed at your trip back to the airport. I get exactly like that when I am hungry and Denny knows it. I got pretty snippy with him back in December and its always a shame when your last hours in Florida have a fight in them.

I have had my share of anxiety attacks, so I know that feeling. I know when they are happening and I can know use techniques to get myself out of them, but sitting in a stuffy airplane will definitely trigger that feeling in me.

Really enjoyed you TR and hate to see it end.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #828
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
great trip report. Can't wait for the next one
Thanks! I can't wait for that trip too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaBoo View Post
Jennifer
I absolutely loved your trip report. You have a great writing style. I felt I was right there with you. Your pictures are amazing and have really helped me in planning my own trip to Universal and Disney.

It's our 5th time to the World but our 1st time to the dark side. So, we are really excited about Universal. Your trip report actually got me more excited about going. Your family looked like they enjoyed it a lot.

So, now I'm trying to find your pretrip report for your next upcoming vacation. I must have missed the link somewhere. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks
Thanks for following along. I really had a good time and I am glad it helped you with plans too.

My PTR is actually a 2 in 1. It has the Universal and Disney trip in it. On the firts page, towards the bottom of the intro it says what page to find the start of the disny planning. Here is the link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2892848

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Ya know... way back, I think I had that same thought. You must have to pay for them. I mean... if you didn't why wouldn't everyone get fast passes? Didn't take me an entire trip to figure it out... but yes, that first trip.. it was a book, and then go. I did little to no planning. I don't think I even looked at a park map prior to goin.
It's amazing how much I have learned over the years....and now wit hthe internet. It's amazing we used to travel without having access to the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie54 View Post
What a GREAT trip report!!! We truly appreciate all the hard work you put into it. Thank you, thank you.

Thanks so much for reading. I do always hope my TR's help others plan and I also show we aren't one of those perfect fairytale families. We have a good time, but we also have ups and downs. Sometimes we get grump, even on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your MSEP pictures are gorgeous. Did you photoshop the color back into the pictures? Love them! There's so much background light!

I really do want to ride the Simpsons ride. I just learned that the three day tickets at Costco actually don't expire until the end of 2015. You can use one day at a time. I am definitely going to Universal on my next Disney trip.

I laughed at your trip back to the airport. I get exactly like that when I am hungry and Denny knows it. I got pretty snippy with him back in December and its always a shame when your last hours in Florida have a fight in them.

I have had my share of anxiety attacks, so I know that feeling. I know when they are happening and I can know use techniques to get myself out of them, but sitting in a stuffy airplane will definitely trigger that feeling in me.

Really enjoyed you TR and hate to see it end.
I didn't edit color back in, but I did up the saturations a bit. I also used on some of the photos a tool called shadow and highlight. I love this because when things are kind of shadowy or lit wrong this can sometimes even out the light. Not always, but a good amount of the time. I use it a lot if I take a flash picture at night too. I forget, but do you have photoshop. My version is CS3, but I bet the newer versions probably have it. If you do, I can give you my settings for it. I don't use the default. Sometimes it still needs adjusting, but for the most part what I set it to works great.

Here is a sample of an origional and edited version.

(or at least one version I could find fast. It's not super noticable, but you might see it. I'll look for a better one in a bit.)The first one should look more washed out and the 2nd slightly less washed out (if I loaded the right ones. LOL)

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #829
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Another comparison.

Now in the first ones, they are already edited to have a little better color balance and lighting. I do that in camera raw, then go into photoshop to adjust the shadow and highlight. Once I do my stuff in camera raw, it changes the base photo.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #830
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Thanks so much for the Universal review. I'm headed back in November for the first time in several years to see the new WWOHP thanks to some free tickets from work.

Jill in CO
Old 07-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #831
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Jen, I actually notice a fairly distince difference in your before and after photos. The second ones are far sharper.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #832
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Thanks so much for the Universal review. I'm headed back in November for the first time in several years to see the new WWOHP thanks to some free tickets from work.

Jill in CO
Thanks for reading. I hope some of my useless info helps you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Jen, I actually notice a fairly distince difference in your before and after photos. The second ones are far sharper.
Yes, I hadn't sharpened the first ones either yet at that point. I do that in photoshop as well. I am addicted to editing. I have a hard time posting anything as is anymore. Some changes are very slight, but I "know" that I imporved them to the way I saw it, or like it.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #833
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Ugh! I just finished my reply and the Dis logged me off and my reply is gone now I gotta do it again

I wanted to get River a orange dolewhip float this time but we never got around to it. I'm sure he would love it. That's funny Claire finished both Skip and your floats!

I don't think I got any pictures inside Splash because I was afraid to get my camera wet. I'm glad Claire liked it now she has a new ride to go on.

That's funny Claire told on Skip about the lady who asked for a cigarette. She'll keep you both on your toes!

River LOVED the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. I would only let him play 2 games a day. I had to keep reminding him that he was using up time for the rides. It is a neat game but I just kept thinking of other things we could be doing instead of playing a game.

We went into that Christmas shop for the first time this year. I walked around and took pictures. I'm sure everyone that goes in there does. The cm's that were in there when we were there were nice. I can't believe they followed a mother and daughter around and frowned on picture taking. Don't they see that all day?

Its good to hear Skip got to keep his clothes on at the airport
I also can't believe the flight attendant told the lady to shut her dog up. I can see if it was non stop barking the whole time.

I know what you mean about that Disney feeling. We really liked Universal and IoA. I think Universal has really stepped up their game. When we were there all the employees were so nice and seemed happy to be there whether they were or not. If I lived there I would go a lot. They just don't have that total immersion feeling that Disney does. I think Disney has better characters too.

Your next tr is going to be SUPER LOOOOONG!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #834
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
:

Yes, I hadn't sharpened the first ones either yet at that point. I do that in photoshop as well. I am addicted to editing. I have a hard time posting anything as is anymore. Some changes are very slight, but I "know" that I imporved them to the way I saw it, or like it.
Well, you're doing a great job with it.

I need to get my own TR finished up but have to finish a huge batch of editing still. That of course is the down side...... once we see what we can do with the editing, we just can't NOT do it!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #835
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Ugh! I just finished my reply and the Dis logged me off and my reply is gone now I gotta do it again

I wanted to get River a orange dolewhip float this time but we never got around to it. I'm sure he would love it. That's funny Claire finished both Skip and your floats!

I don't think I got any pictures inside Splash because I was afraid to get my camera wet. I'm glad Claire liked it now she has a new ride to go on.

That's funny Claire told on Skip about the lady who asked for a cigarette. She'll keep you both on your toes!

River LOVED the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. I would only let him play 2 games a day. I had to keep reminding him that he was using up time for the rides. It is a neat game but I just kept thinking of other things we could be doing instead of playing a game.

We went into that Christmas shop for the first time this year. I walked around and took pictures. I'm sure everyone that goes in there does. The cm's that were in there when we were there were nice. I can't believe they followed a mother and daughter around and frowned on picture taking. Don't they see that all day?

Its good to hear Skip got to keep his clothes on at the airport
I also can't believe the flight attendant told the lady to shut her dog up. I can see if it was non stop barking the whole time.

I know what you mean about that Disney feeling. We really liked Universal and IoA. I think Universal has really stepped up their game. When we were there all the employees were so nice and seemed happy to be there whether they were or not. If I lived there I would go a lot. They just don't have that total immersion feeling that Disney does. I think Disney has better characters too.

Your next tr is going to be SUPER LOOOOONG!
I'm like that with games and stuff too. I want to be riding rides. We'll see how it is in Nov and then maybe give it a shot, though Claire really wants to do the Agent P game at Epcot.

I know, my next trip is so long, it's gonna take me forever to write up a TR. That might be good since I have no clue how soon we'll be back again, so that will take away some of the blues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, you're doing a great job with it.

I need to get my own TR finished up but have to finish a huge batch of editing still. That of course is the down side...... once we see what we can do with the editing, we just can't NOT do it!
I've still got a ton of pictures from home activities to edit yet too. I get burned out every so often, then other times it's really fun. It's funny though, because when I take pictures at a home party or event, everyone wants to see my pics posted to facebook right away. They have no clue how time consuming it can be.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #836
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have photoshop, but I never learned how to use it. I just do everything with the iphoto, but its got limitations.

Will look at your comparison photos when I get home tonight (since I can't see them at work)

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #837
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Love the pics!

As always, I loved your TR!!
Now, I need to get caught back up on your PTR!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #838
nassau812
Earning My Ears

Great trip report.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #839
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have photoshop, but I never learned how to use it. I just do everything with the iphoto, but its got limitations.

Will look at your comparison photos when I get home tonight (since I can't see them at work)
I took a class that touched on it a few years ago and bought 2 books which I sometimes pick up when I am in the learning mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Love the pics!

As always, I loved your TR!!
Now, I need to get caught back up on your PTR!
I haven't done too much updating over there lately. I seem to have not much to report as of now and not much time either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau812 View Post
Great trip report.
Thanks so much for reading along!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #840
vleeth
I heart Disney

Loved your trip report. Now I'm reading your old ones. I wish I had done trip reports so I could go back and see Hope younger.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: