Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #736
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I was over a month behind! Still in Universal! Hoop Dee Doo looks like so much fun, it's been on my list forever, I think Henry would love it.

You guys got quite a bit done at MK despite the crowds! How was the food at Pinocchio's? We ate there a few years ago and it was awful and haven't been back since. I'm tempted to try it again. I sure wish they had something more authentic to the area there versus pizza!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #737
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I was over a month behind! Still in Universal! Hoop Dee Doo looks like so much fun, it's been on my list forever, I think Henry would love it.

You guys got quite a bit done at MK despite the crowds! How was the food at Pinocchio's? We ate there a few years ago and it was awful and haven't been back since. I'm tempted to try it again. I sure wish they had something more authentic to the area there versus pizza!
Skip said his sandwich was good, and our chicken tenders were just like all the rest on property...good, but not something to write home about. The chocolate cake was NOT as good as I remembered from years past. So it was good to fill us up, but I won't be rushing to get back there.
Claire really loves HDDR. I am hoping she enjoys the Spirit of Aloha this year too for something different.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #738
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am so sorry for the lack of updates lately. Time seems to be on fast forward and before I know it the day is over.
I am going to do a double update now though!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #739
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Finally we got to hop in our elephants. I took a few more pictures before lift off.

And we now are in the sky!

I was really trying to get pictures of the new Fantsayland.

If I had been thinking though, I should’ve looked down and got some of the other Dumbo ride being built.
Sadly I thought of that while we were ending and this was the only picture I got of it.

We had a fun time. I’m glad we rode it.
We debated on Goofy’s Barnstermer, but Claire said no. The line had gotten long, but she was adamant about not riding it as well.
So we headed off to the new bathrooms.

I took this picture because this is a brand new bathroom and already the hook had fallen off and it looks like they tried to put it back up with some sort of adhesive, but that obviously didn’t work either.

We passed by Goofy’s Barnstomer and headed towards Tomorrowland.

I never had used this backside path before.

We came out not too far from a smoking section, so guess where Skip headed?

We also ran into a few characters.

They were going back behind a stage, so we just sat for a few minutes at the smoking area.

And then we realized why they were heading that way…there was a show starting.

We sat a few minutes and relaxed.

Skip and Claire decided to go and ride the Tomorrowland Speedway. I didn’t feel like waiting in the line, so I went and got myself a drink.

They called me and told me the wait was 40 minutes. I decided to give the Carrousel of Progress a try. They wouldn’t let me on with a drink, so I roamed a bit while I finished it.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #740
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Some more roaming while I drink up this very large drink.

BURP!!!!!!!

Ok it’s all gone now. I headed back to COP and rode it for my very first time ever. They said no pictures, so I actually followed the rules and didn’t take any. It was just OK to me. I am glad I saw it, but won’t make an effort to see it again….BUT I do think Claire would like it (Skip wouldn’t), so we may try to fit it in again in Nov. so she can see it for her first time.

While in there I did silence my phone, but evidently that doesn’t silence the direct connect beep, and it kept beeping over and over. While we were going between scenes I quickly picked it up and said quietly that I am in a ride and I’ll be out soon.

I guess their car ride went much faster than the posted time, so they headed to the TTA while they waited. So when I got out, I had to wait on them once again.

As you can see it was crazy crowded.

You can see Skips head here.

One thing I realized this day…Each day I would look for the color of shirt that Skip was wearing to locate him. Today was turquois. Well it must’ve been turquois day today, because sooooo many people wore that color. There were groups of people wearing that color.

Another gross moment….As I was waiting for them to come down I saw a couple coming down …and they were very much in love…..so much so that they were making out on the conveyer belt down. Really, did they need to kiss that much right then and there?

I can’t remember exactly what we did next,….well next was another smoke break for skip…. but it involved heading towards Fantasyland again.

I am now thinking this might’ve been when we used our Peter Pan Fast passes.

I think it has to be when we used them. Because the next stop was a smoking section and there is a time lapse in the pictures.

While we sat there, we tried talking Claire into Splash Mountain, she wasn’t really for it, but no longer fighting it. So I sent Skip and Claire to the Country Bear Jamboree and I headed over to Splash to get FP’s for later. I had a little time to kill before my window opened for the next FP, so I explored a bit while waiting.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #741
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Yay! A double update! Don't worry that you haven't updated in a while, it made me be not as far behind as I thought I'd be...

Glad you got to see COP, sorry you didn't love it. I actually really like it but it is pretty nostalgic for me, too.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #742
MEK
DIS Veteran

Darn - It didn't even occur to me that I could have tried out a new bathroom in June. I pride myself on having visited just about every one in WDW.

I love the path to Tomorrowland. I have always thought that was the most peaceful part of the entire park.

Dumbo is a great place to take pictures, isn't it? I might have to do the Dumbo Dash in October just for that reason.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #743
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Love this!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #744
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Yay! A double update! Don't worry that you haven't updated in a while, it made me be not as far behind as I thought I'd be...

Glad you got to see COP, sorry you didn't love it. I actually really like it but it is pretty nostalgic for me, too.
I can't promise another update soon. So I figured let's do a big one now.
I can see how COP was great in its day, it just wasn't fabulous, but I also knew that going in. I know it brings back memories for many people, but since I never saw it, it didn't do that for me. Also that it was a Walt project is really neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Darn - It didn't even occur to me that I could have tried out a new bathroom in June. I pride myself on having visited just about every one in WDW.

I love the path to Tomorrowland. I have always thought that was the most peaceful part of the entire park.

Dumbo is a great place to take pictures, isn't it? I might have to do the Dumbo Dash in October just for that reason.
Yep a brand new set of bathrooms. And hardly a soul was in there.
I really want to check out Dumbo in the dark, because the pictures I have seen look so pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love this!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #745
vleeth
I heart Disney

I so love your pics!

Do you remember how long the wait was for Pooh? We usually go there soon after the park opens and it's a walk on...but looking at the new line stuff...I think I want to stand in line. Wow that sounds silly. But I know dd will enjoy as much as Claire did.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #746
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

luvin the update.

I borrowed one of your earlier pics for my latest update hope ya don't mind
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #747
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You know there's no need to apologize for the lack of updates. Mine seem to get further and further apart. Just so much stuff to do and so little time to do it.

We don't go to the COP every trip but try to do it at least every other. While it's nto the most fascinating attraction, we do enjoy it.

You and I do the same thing...track our men by their shirt color. John has an orangey/rust colored Kilmanjaro Safari hat and it's pretty easy to spot so I like it when he wears it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #748
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Updates worth waiting for!!!

You are doing a great job going with the flow on a really crowded day.

Once again, I am enjoying your pictures from the area in Fantasy land with Dumbo and the Goofy coaster, since I never spend any time there.

A little solo time is a nice thing, especially if it means skipping the Tomorrowland Speedway!

Nice character pictures!

Where is that old fashioned, colorful kitchen in the window?
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #749
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I so love your pics!

Do you remember how long the wait was for Pooh? We usually go there soon after the park opens and it's a walk on...but looking at the new line stuff...I think I want to stand in line. Wow that sounds silly. But I know dd will enjoy as much as Claire did.
Thanks for reading along... I am a huge picture taker.....a little obssessed actually!
I can't remember but i would say at leat 30 minutes. It was march, in prime spring break season and it was very busy!!!! I sure hope Nov. is less crowded this year. We have a long trip ...the 2-14th, but part of it is on the Disney Dream. I can't wait for that trip....but I have so much to do before then...and I have a lot of work related things I need to finish up before I can even think about going. I am slowly but surely getting some stuff prepared early, but you can only do so much.
I have done some crafty projects, but I need to do some tie dye pillowcases...and I have been putting it off, but I should get those done too and get it out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
luvin the update.

I borrowed one of your earlier pics for my latest update hope ya don't mind
I saw that and it's perfectly fine. I was amazed hw we got almost the exact shot, but how different it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You know there's no need to apologize for the lack of updates. Mine seem to get further and further apart. Just so much stuff to do and so little time to do it.

We don't go to the COP every trip but try to do it at least every other. While it's nto the most fascinating attraction, we do enjoy it.

You and I do the same thing...track our men by their shirt color. John has an orangey/rust colored Kilmanjaro Safari hat and it's pretty easy to spot so I like it when he wears it.
Yes. life is crazy...and I have decided I MUST lose weight. So I am trying to work out every day. (I haven't yet today...shame on me) I was going to work on photos yesterday, but photobucket was not my friend. So I gave up. Maybe later today I'll do some more.
Thats the only way to keep tabs on Skip...he tends to wander, so I have to keep an eye out for the shirt.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #750
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Yesterday was our 10 year anniversary. We didn't do anything special really. Very anti climatic. I know so many people who go all out...not my husband. It was just another day. We did go out to dinner to a favorite spot and Claire joined us. And when we got home, he headed out to the barn because his buddy was over and didn't come in till 11. It was fine though as I did some catching up on the computer then!

10 years ago yesterday...and 50 pounds lighter!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: