Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #706
Beth D
DIS Veteran

OMG! I just snorted when I saw your crane pic! My DH would totally point that out as well...

We've never been to the island either. One of these days...

The only good thing about waiting so long for POTC is that it's nice and cool inside there once you get past the doors! And of course Captain Jack!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #707
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
OMG! I just snorted when I saw your crane pic! My DH would totally point that out as well...

We've never been to the island either. One of these days...

The only good thing about waiting so long for POTC is that it's nice and cool inside there once you get past the doors! And of course Captain Jack!

Yes, it was a nice break from the heat!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #708
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Are there lots of Canons and guns on Tom Sawyer Island for Momma to shoot me with. She'd like it then She won't come to Disney anymore she says she's had enough of it... I really think I'm adopted. That leaves only my two nieces and me that like the disney parks

Luvin all your updates. Your pics are fab
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #709
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Are there lots of Canons and guns on Tom Sawyer Island for Momma to shoot me with. She'd like it then She won't come to Disney anymore she says she's had enough of it... I really think I'm adopted. That leaves only my two nieces and me that like the disney parks

Luvin all your updates. Your pics are fab
LOL..Too funny.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #710
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Claire really enjoyed the interactive play while waiting.

Claire really concentrated hard at making her bee follow along.

When we got to the end she wondered what to do. (She wasn’t getting good examples from the people in front of us). I told her to hand it off to whoever was waiting on the other side, and she did it so nicely.

This wall made me cringe. She loved it…but I just kept thinking about how many other people have touched it…she was doused with hand sanitizer afterwards.

Another look over to Fantasyland.

While waiting in line, we had some people ask where Claire got her dress. I would love to tell them about my dear Dis friend Janet…but Claire thinks that Mrs. Claus made it….so that is the answer I had to give when she was around.

Time to ride!

And a few shots in the gift shop….soooo cute!

Last edited by jenseib; 07-14-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #711
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I had so much fun playing in the interactive queue when I was there in Feb! and I didn't have my kids with me

I should get you Dis Friend Janet to make me a dress for Emma!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)
Our Gawrsh Darn Spooktacular Halloween TR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #712
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow. I got pretty far behind.

I have yet to experience the interactive queue of Pooh. I am so going there in October, no matter what.

I love your picture of the newest ride in Fantasyland. That's hysterical. Did they really need to pick it 100 feet off the ground to move it? Too funny.

Your pics from TSI are excellent. You got some really cool shots. I love going over there to take pics. Too bad BTMMR was under refurb, although you got some cool pics of the guys working on the track.

I know I told you this before - but I love Clarie's dress. She has the cutest clothes.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #713
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Hey, I could do a lot worse than be compared with Mrs. Claus! I'm honored.

And I'm just thrilled to bits that the dress got to enjoy the day in the MK with you guys!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #714
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

This wall made me cringe. She loved it…but I just kept thinking about how many other people have touched it…she was doused with hand sanitizer afterwards.
I loled at this. Nice to see someone thinks the same. I did the touching the wall but I couldn't help think how unhygenic it was because of how many other people touch it so after the ride was straight to the bathroom to wash my hands!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #715
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I felt the same way about the wall when the girls were playing with it!

Out came the antibacterial wipes after that as well! I have a big gross out factor to handrails, door handles, and drinking fountains.

Janet's dresses should have cards to hand out!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #716
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Love the Pooh interactive area!
When we went, we had fastpasses for it and by-passed that area, so we didn't get to play! Looked fun, though!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #717
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Looks like Claire was having a GREAT time !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #718
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I had so much fun playing in the interactive queue when I was there in Feb! and I didn't have my kids with me

I should get you Dis Friend Janet to make me a dress for Emma!
It was a really cute area...and I'll admit...I did a little playing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow. I got pretty far behind.

I have yet to experience the interactive queue of Pooh. I am so going there in October, no matter what.

I love your picture of the newest ride in Fantasyland. That's hysterical. Did they really need to pick it 100 feet off the ground to move it? Too funny.

Your pics from TSI are excellent. You got some really cool shots. I love going over there to take pics. Too bad BTMMR was under refurb, although you got some cool pics of the guys working on the track.

I know I told you this before - but I love Clarie's dress. She has the cutest clothes.
Thats so true...why did they have to lift it that high to move it.
It was a nice picture taking opportunity over on the island...and I did get to see those construction guys.
I really love this dress too. It will be making a trip down with us in Nov as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Hey, I could do a lot worse than be compared with Mrs. Claus! I'm honored.

And I'm just thrilled to bits that the dress got to enjoy the day in the MK with you guys!
Maybe we should call you Janet Claus! We so many compliments about it all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I loled at this. Nice to see someone thinks the same. I did the touching the wall but I couldn't help think how unhygenic it was because of how many other people touch it so after the ride was straight to the bathroom to wash my hands!
I have a little sanitizer bottle attached to my camera bag. Some areas are so gross. And we sure don't need to get sick at Disney...we've had that happen a couple of times...and it's not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I felt the same way about the wall when the girls were playing with it!

Out came the antibacterial wipes after that as well! I have a big gross out factor to handrails, door handles, and drinking fountains.

Janet's dresses should have cards to hand out!
We should take wipes and just run them along the handrails as wel wait in line.

I thought of that too. If I had cards...I could sjut say this is where you can get the dress..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Love the Pooh interactive area!
When we went, we had fastpasses for it and by-passed that area, so we didn't get to play! Looked fun, though!
I think this was really the first time we had time to play in it. I think last year we rode pooh late at night, so we just walked by everything and got right on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Looks like Claire was having a GREAT time !!!!
She was having a great time. Sometimes she doesn't realize how lucky she is. Not many kids in our area have been to Disney as many times as she has...plus a few other things/ places. I do hope we are creating good memories for her.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-14-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #719
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I love this picture with the woman's reflection in the glass. Or is she looking through from the other side? I can't tell. (ETA: no legs. it's a reflection)

I appreciate all of your great pictures from Tom Sawyer's Island. Not my favorite attraction either. When we go in July it is super hot! But my youngest son really loves it there, especially using the rifles in the fort to shoot the BTM train as it goes by.

I'm glad that you were able to experience Haunted Mansion and Pooh without too much hassle.

Regarding the Honey Wall. It is bad enough that they are encouraging people to put their nasty hands all over the thing, but I couldn't believe this:

"What fun to make art you can eat" ??? Are they encouraging people to lick this thing?

EWWWWWW!!!!

Love your shot of the crane and the new "installation". A little dose of reality in Fantasyland.

Last edited by natebenma; 07-08-2012 at 06:41 AM.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #720
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I love this picture with the woman's reflection in the glass. Or is she looking through from the other side? I can't tell. (ETA: no legs. it's a reflection)

I appreciate all of your great pictures from Tom Sawyer's Island. Not my favorite attraction either. When we go in July it is super hot! But my youngest son really loves it there, especially using the rifles in the fort to shoot the BTM train as it goes by.

I'm glad that you were able to experience Haunted Mansion and Pooh without too much hassle.

Regarding the Honey Wall. It is bad enough that they are encouraging people to put their nasty hands all over the thing, but I couldn't believe this:

"What fun to make art you can eat" ??? Are they encouraging people to lick this thing?

EWWWWWW!!!!

Love your shot of the crane and the new "installation". A little dose of reality in Fantasyland.

Reflection....or is it a ghost?

I have to say...even the honey wall felt sticky and gross.
I did warn Claire not to try and lick it. We had a licking incident with a bus pole a few years ago...and she ended up sick the next day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: