Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #346
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sorry I haven't posted comments in a while. I've been just enjoying the pictures. I think Claire made an excellent choice even if she does have 9,999 plushies already.
I know what you mean. I am doing a lot of reading and just short replies. I am truly trying to keep caught up, but it is hard to do.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #347
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We headed out of the park and made our way to the parking garage. Itís funny how Skip and Claire now were walking fairly fast, but I was lagging behind this time around. Ö.. Mostly due to taking pictures though.

I thought this was really cute and hadnít noticed it when we arrived that morning. Itís a mini golf course.

This is where we found that people were using the people mover walkways as a ride. (Skip did too at this point) It drives me bonkers. I donít mind if you ride, but move to one side so people can pass you. Claire and I kept walking and said excuse me a zillion times as we walked. People would look at us like we were the nutty ones.

This is in the middle area where you chose which way to go to your parking garage. Itís a little gift stand and has a Jurassic park theme. I remember this from the last time we visited.

We made it back to the car. Skip was really sore and a bit grumpy now. We also had to fight with the car door to get it to unlock. I was so annoyed at the car. Why canít it just unlock like a normal car.

We drove back and traffic was literally bumper to bumper near our hotel. Not sure what was going on, but we ended up going a long way around to it so we could turn at a light, as just making a left hand turn with no light was never going to happen. It still didnít take us too long to get back.

Claire and Skip headed down to the pool. It was around 8 PM now. I took a shower.

If you have read my past TRís, you might have noticed my hair is a little shorter this time around. I cut it last fall fairly short for me. I wanted to get off old perm and drippy ends and wanted a change. It was cute, but after a month, I no longer liked it. I am a ponytail kind of girl and I like to just throw my hair in one daily and not mess with it. Not happening with short hair. So I have been letting it grow out. And itís going so slowly. I also canít just wash and fluff dry and have it look decent either. Itís still got some old perm on the ends and it just looks awful in general. So if I go in public, I have to straighten it to make it look halfway decent. This takes time of course.

So while they swam, I took my shower and did the straightening of the hair process again. I put on a sundress and felt clean and fresh and ready to do something.

Skip and Claire came back up and Claire declared it was the best pool ever because it had a hot tub too. (She says this about every pool we go to)

I asked Claire if she wanted to take a shower and she said no, she just swam so she is clean. LOL! Ok, we are on vacation, letís let it go for today. We got her dressed and her hair combed and dried, and told Skip we wanted to go to Beaches and Cream for icecream. He grumbled a bit about not being hungry, and I told him we would go without him thenÖ..well he got moving then.

He did say he better not have to walk a lot because he was so sore and tired from me dragging him around for 17 hours straightÖa ďbitĒ of an exaggeration there.

We got directions from the front desk on how to get the expressway to Disney area and once again fought with the door locks on the car, then took off.

It didnít take too long to get there. We pulled up to the Yacht Clubs parking gate and we were told there was a hard close, so we couldnít park. I guess that means they have too many people there right now and only guest resorts or those with ADRís could park there. I asked about the Beach Club lot and he told me it was the same. UGH! He did say go over to the Boardwalk and we would be able to park there. OK. But I knew the ďwalkingĒ would be longer, but I didnít mention that to Skip.

We were able to park at the Boardwalk, and wow, what a walk that was JUST to get to the resort. Us lowly people who are not staying onsite have to park really far out.
I just kept my spirits up and ignored the complainers in my family. I really donít think Claire cared at all, but since Skip grumbled, she thought she should as well.

My BW pictures arenít very good because I was on the move and it was dark.

We made it out to the boardwalk, and some entertainment was just finishing up. It looked like it was good, because it had quite a crowd dispersing at the moment.

I tried to figure which way around the lake would be faster, but honestly, I donít think either is, so we headed in the direction of the YC.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #348
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sorry I haven't posted comments in a while. I've been just enjoying the pictures. I think Claire made an excellent choice even if she does have 9,999 plushies already.
LOL! I mean, it's Jen's house storing them all, not ours. Maybe this year on Claire's birthday we should all send her a new plushie!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #349
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL! I mean, it's Jen's house storing them all, not ours. Maybe this year on Claire's birthday we should all send her a new plushie!
She would be in heaven.....I would roll my eyes.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #350
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
She would be in heaven.....I would roll my eyes.
Katie's best friend gave her a 5 foot stuffed bear last year for her birthday........

If you get a really big box from Missouri next December......... don't ask questions..........
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #351
natebenma
DIS Veteran

GREAT collection of pictures at Universal Studios!

The picture of Claire holding Puss in Boots is just darling! I can hear him saying "Buy Me" in an amazing Latin accent.

The mini golf course at City Walk is brand-spanking new. They were just starting construction in July while we were there and it just opened a month or so ago.

Woo-hoo! I didn't know you were taking a field trip to the Yacht & Beach Club!
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #352
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will have to find that video, Is it on youtube? He is always so funny. He has that distinct way of talking.
With the passing of Maurice Sendak today, I reposted the video on my FB profile. Watched it again and it isn't that inappropriate- he uses the "b" word a couple of times- the one that refers to a male jerk.

Where the Wild Things Are as read by Christopher Walken

The video is over 9 minutes long, so it is a bit of an investment, but I think it is worth the time- stick with it.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #353
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up again! I had fallen about 8 pages behind in the 10 days I wasn't able to keep up .... it's going to take A WHILE until I will be caught up on ALL threads.

As always I just LOVE your photos!!!! You got an aweful lot done at UO .... and it seems that a lot of things changed since we last were there. Maybe a visit is in order sooner than expected.

You are right, Rip-Ride-Rockit doesn't really fit in with the theming, but I can asure you, it is one fun ride.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #354
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Awww, Puss & Boots is cute! Did he get lost among the piles of plush at home? LOL

And yes, there are Starbucks here EVERYWHERE! There are some spots where there are 3 within eye-shot. Kinda nutty!

Great update - looking forward to the ICE CREAM!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #355
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Katie's best friend gave her a 5 foot stuffed bear last year for her birthday........

If you get a really big box from Missouri next December......... don't ask questions..........
Oh my...thats huge. I'll know to deny the shipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
GREAT collection of pictures at Universal Studios!

The picture of Claire holding Puss in Boots is just darling! I can hear him saying "Buy Me" in an amazing Latin accent.

The mini golf course at City Walk is brand-spanking new. They were just starting construction in July while we were there and it just opened a month or so ago.

Woo-hoo! I didn't know you were taking a field trip to the Yacht & Beach Club!
She is obseesed with puss in boots lately. she has the wii game and then I had to download one on my kindle for times we are out and it's "boring".

I did not know that about the mini golf course. We never had a chance to stop and play...though I find it always sounds fun to play, but after a couple of spots we tire of it fat...because we are horrid golfers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
With the passing of Maurice Sendak today, I reposted the video on my FB profile. Watched it again and it isn't that inappropriate- he uses the "b" word a couple of times- the one that refers to a male jerk.

Where the Wild Things Are as read by Christopher Walken

The video is over 9 minutes long, so it is a bit of an investment, but I think it is worth the time- stick with it.

Oh my goodness. That is so funny. I love how he describes the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am all caught up again! I had fallen about 8 pages behind in the 10 days I wasn't able to keep up .... it's going to take A WHILE until I will be caught up on ALL threads.

As always I just LOVE your photos!!!! You got an aweful lot done at UO .... and it seems that a lot of things changed since we last were there. Maybe a visit is in order sooner than expected.

You are right, Rip-Ride-Rockit doesn't really fit in with the theming, but I can asure you, it is one fun ride.

Welcome home....again! I have actually been neglecting both my reports a bit. I just seem to have too much going on lately. I need to get day 2 here finished and on with the rest of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Awww, Puss & Boots is cute! Did he get lost among the piles of plush at home? LOL

And yes, there are Starbucks here EVERYWHERE! There are some spots where there are 3 within eye-shot. Kinda nutty!

Great update - looking forward to the ICE CREAM!
Last night Claire was looking for Penelope (her favorite lovey) in a pile of animals on the floor. We found Puss in boots in that pile too, so he got thrown back on the bed with her too. She arranges them on her bed when it's made, and it's like an animal shrine...I have to take some off here and there and put them in the closet. They are so cute when we buy them...but mixed with al lthe others, it becomes a bit overwelming.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #356
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Last night Claire was looking for Penelope (her favorite lovey) in a pile of animals on the floor. We found Puss in boots in that pile too, so he got thrown back on the bed with her too. She arranges them on her bed when it's made, and it's like an animal shrine...I have to take some off here and there and put them in the closet. They are so cute when we buy them...but mixed with al lthe others, it becomes a bit overwelming.
Kadence does a rotation with all of hers This week it's Sulley, Mike, Lamby( a lamb with bunny ears that's looking every bit it's 8 years)and Kermit. She tucks them around her at night and then gets mad when they are all on the floor in the morning

I swear, one of these days the plushies are goning to have start paying rent!

Mmmmm, Ice Cream! I need to pay close attention as that is our destination on our first full day!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #357
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Kadence does a rotation with all of hers This week it's Sulley, Mike, Lamby( a lamb with bunny ears that's looking every bit it's 8 years)and Kermit. She tucks them around her at night and then gets mad when they are all on the floor in the morning

I swear, one of these days the plushies are goning to have start paying rent!

Mmmmm, Ice Cream! I need to pay close attention as that is our destination on our first full day!
Claire told me the other day that she is sure her toys come to life when she is gone....I guess that explains why her room is a mess...they get up and walk around and play.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-13-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #358
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Last edited by jenseib; 07-13-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #359
vleeth
I heart Disney

Love your trip report!

I think I've read one of your cruise ones a few months back.

Love all the pics and info!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #360
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Love your trip report!

I think I've read one of your cruise ones a few months back.

Love all the pics and info!
Thanks...yes, I did cruise the Dream last year...and we'll be crusing her again in Nov. I can't wait. My Mom has been calling me daily about our trip. (She and several family members are all coming) I think she's becoming a bit of a Disney addict...no where near as bad as me, but she sometimes acts like a kid waiting for christmas.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: