Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
cass'mom
So, de beency bouncy burger, eh?

Yea!!! I am so excited to read another TR from you! I enjoyed your last one so much, especially your phenomenal photos!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Joining in and can't wait to hear all about the trip!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #18
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read along!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #19
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I can't believe you are already back! Great family photo.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #20
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Joining the fun.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i'm late for the party but here now.

ok, start anytime..........

forget about unpacking before you come to the computer.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #22
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Reporting for reading
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #23
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Checkin in....and holy moley did Claire GROW!!!
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #24
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
I am with you
Hey and you're first!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Yeah I get to be first! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Almost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Oh poo to late
Thats OK. making it on the first page is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Yay! Can't wait!!
Hey Nikki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Great start! I love your intro photo with the smiling man behind you. He looks so happy to be in your photo I really thought he was someone you knew and was supposed to be in the photo.
We were totally photobombed! I never noticed it til lI went to edit the picture and then had a good laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in!

Jill in CO
Welcome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Can't wait to hear all about it!

Please tell me you didn't lose anything this time......
If I did, I haven't realized it yet. I think I did good this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Hey, I'm here! I've been following on Facebook which has made me anxious for the real TR to start!
I tried to update a lot on facebook, but sometimes the phone wouldn't cooperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitzytraveller View Post
Can't wait for the details.
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
I'm here!!

Can't wait to hear all about this trip!
I love your "photo-bomb" picture! Those always crack me up! There's even an entire thread on here somewhere devoted to photobomb pics!
Yes! I'll have to find that thread. I also have a great picture for the thread that is called something like pictures the averagee tourist doesn't take from our MK day. Skip pointed it out, and it was hilarious. So many people stopped to see it. It was kind of far away though and I only brought a shorter lens to Disney. If I had known, I would've brought the longer one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
I'm here!!
Welcome!!!! I hope I can keep you entertained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing about the "other" park too. I hope you had a great trip.
The trip to the dark side was very fun. I almost felt like a traitor at times though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Excellent! I loved your cruise TR and can't wait to hear about this adventure! We are planning our first Disney cruise with 2 days at Universal/IOA next April.
Thanks for joining in. We are cruising again in Nov. 4 nights on the Dream. I can't wait, but I have a long time yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass'mom View Post
Yea!!! I am so excited to read another TR from you! I enjoyed your last one so much, especially your phenomenal photos!
Thanks so much. I love taking pictures. I annoy the heck out of my family at times, while other times they are pointing out things I should take a picture of. Skip was telling me over and over that I wasn't taking enough in the queue for Forbidden Journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Joining in and can't wait to hear all about the trip!
Hi Lisa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I can't wait to read along!!
Yay! You made it. I am working on the next installment tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I can't believe you are already back! Great family photo.
I know! It was a very short trip. The days flew by too. But it was great fun and I really did things differently this time too. I was more laid back....well for me, I was. I think Skip still thought I was going too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Joining the fun.
Thanks for follwoing along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i'm late for the party but here now.

ok, start anytime..........

forget about unpacking before you come to the computer.
Thanks for joining. I always love reading your tips and suggestions on other threads. You have helped me in planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Reporting for reading
Hi Pat! We even had a little pool time too!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Aww Man! I didn't even make the first page!!

That's the last time I leave my laptop unattended!

HI Jen! I'm here!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Last edited by Caretames1; 04-01-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #26
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The 2 weeks we had to plan this trip just flew by. The weather turned extremely nice at home, with 80 plus degree days. I did yard work and also started walking outside to get ready for all the park walking. I even dragged Claire with me on some of them to get her little legs ready as well.

I also had several customers to take care of for my job in that time and I tried my best to wrap up any loose ends before leaving and sent out emails letting people know I would be gone during the week and with any reminders or info that I thought they needed.

I also had to pull out summer clothing and get that packed. Claire has grown like a weed once again, but we found several things that still fit.
Soon after the trip was booked, Jeanne, one of my co-workers messaged me and told me I could borrow a skirt and top of one of her DD’s that was Harry Potter themed. GREAT! Sadly, this outfit got lost in the mail and as of yet has not turned up on either end. I sure do hope it eventually makes its way to one of us.
But Jeanne knows me so well. She also gave me some ideas and names of people who make dresses. Before I knew it, I had two outfits ordered for Claire to wear to the parks. This is right up Claire’s alley. At Disney, she typically wears a princess dress for part of the day and then some Disney themed outfit.
I also took it step further and ordered bows to match the outfits.

I also made a pillowcase for signatures. This was a cute idea in theory, but when we got there, we ended up only getting 3 signatures. Claire was a little shy with the Universal characters for some reason.

I also emailed Bubbasmom (Barb) and she gave me some wonderful tips that I used to make a tip sheet for us.

On Sat. the 24th, We went shopping with my Mom, and she bought me an early Easter/Mothers Day gift. A kindle fire. I amreally loving this thing. I debated on leaving the laptop at home, since I now had the kindle, but I did end up bringing it…and never even taking it out of the bag. I had thought I might need it to dump pictures on, but I didn’t. I think it will stay home from now on. It’s heavy and a pain in the butt to bring. I plan on buying a few more CF cards before our next trip, so I should be OK with not having it along, and I can get on the internet just fine with the Kindle. I’m not super savvy with it, but I can still work it enough to make do.

By Sunday, March 25th, most everything was packed and ready to go. I only had a few more items to throw in the suitcase before we left.

Here are the bags. Claire thought we should take a picture.

Everyone went to bed at a normal time. And we had most of the day Monday to wait out as well. Claire was already too excited. But I told her she needed to be patient as we weren’t even leaving till late afternoon the next day. I figured that she would sleep in (she loves to sleep in and stay up late), and then we could run to the bank and get the last minute stuff done to keep her mind off of things…..yeah right!

Last edited by jenseib; 07-14-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #27
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
Checkin in....and holy moley did Claire GROW!!!
Well speak of the Devil...there she is!

Yes, Claire seems to be growing non stop lately. I have to buy clothes big now so they will last more than a month or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Aww Man! I didn't even make the first page!!

That's the last time I leave my laptop unattended!

HI Jen! I'm here!
I know. Everyone always starts there reports as soon as I walk away! I think some do it on purpose.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #28
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

Hi, I live in NJ. I have always wanted to be a travel agent. Of course I'm obsessed with Disney. What would be the first step i would take to get started. Thanks
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Here's the photobomb thread for ya!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ight=photobomb

I need to re-visit this thread because I posted a few pics on there, too!
Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration! June 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post45286013
Mom/Daughter Christmas TR! 2011http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851142
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #30
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I always love what you have Claire wear to the parks. Those two outfits are AH-dorable!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: