Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #211
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Skip never complained about the express pass people....I think he knew if he did, I would tell him to go get some...or I told you so.

Was the HP area part of the lost continent before? I know I read about it awhile back, but can't remember what it was.
For us the Express Pass was one of the main reasons to stay at a UO resort. And we used it whenever we could.

I THINK it was part of the lost continent. We have not been in a while and right now I cannot put my finger on it.
The only thing I remember pretty clearly is that when they built the area they cut off a huge chunk around the dragons and you had to take a d-tour. I was NOT happy, as it meant more walking in the blazing August sun.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #212
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Hey everyone, I wanted to remind you that I have a PTR going on as well and invite those who didn't know to come on over and help with the planning.

It is HERE. The trip planning for the cruise starts on page 16, post number 231.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #213
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
For us the Express Pass was one of the main reasons to stay at a UO resort. And we used it whenever we could.

I THINK it was part of the lost continent. We have not been in a while and right now I cannot put my finger on it.
The only thing I remember pretty clearly is that when they built the area they cut off a huge chunk around the dragons and you had to take a d-tour. I was NOT happy, as it meant more walking in the blazing August sun.
I believe that is what I read too. I remember people complaining about the detour and I know Dueling dragons is now Dragon Challenge, just re themed, I guess.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #214
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wow! Dis is even worse today. I am constantly logged out over and over and I have not gotten one notification today for any posts. I guess I have to do it the old fashion way.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #215
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Skip is the same as Bob when it concerns his clothes. He will wear a shirt several times before it's put in the wash. Usually after I yell at him!Whenever we travel I usually have to wash his clothes because he puts dirty one back on the hangers.

The Dis cut me off Friday as they were working on the site. I did get my color function back.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #216
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Skip is the same as Bob when it concerns his clothes. He will wear a shirt several times before it's put in the wash. Usually after I yell at him!Whenever we travel I usually have to wash his clothes because he puts dirty one back on the hangers.

The Dis cut me off Friday as they were working on the site. I did get my color function back.
Yes. Yesterday was awful for Dis. I am now getting emails again, so I hope it's back on track.
We'll see how easy this next update goes.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #217
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We are now venturing into Jurassic Park. And the first scary thing we see!

The Coke Watering Hole. LOL

We did actually see some dinosaurs on the dinosaur tour though! (if you’ve seen the movie, you might get that line)

Claire was hesitant about standing near this jeep, after all there was a T-Rex popping out behind it…but basically I forced her to do it.

On towards the Discovery Center.

I told Skip we were going in here……Why? What’s in there? Is there a ride?....

I just want to go in…OK?

I have to say this was a bit disappointing to me. I had read it looked very much like the one in the movie…but to me, it had similarities, but not the same.

I told Skip and Claire to stay at the top and I would run down and take their picture. And now that I think about it, I have no clue what was on the top floor. It must’ve not been too interesting if we didn’t browse it.

I must also mention that at this point I was getting hungry. I tend to get grumpy when I am hungry, but my goal was to eat at City Walk somewhere, so I wanted to get Jurassic Park off my list and then we planned to head out and eat…..but in the meantime, I was a little grouchy.

These dinosaurs would’ve met their match if they approached me when I was hungry.

Notice this guys name is Beasaur….I think that is because you would BE sore if you got bit by him.

This area was cute with a couple of dinosaurs set up.

They had these little devices that you could look through and tilt the heads back and forth or up and down. I think only this guys device actually worked. We tried the other two and saw nothing and could barely get the head to move at all.

There was also an area with interactive things to do. Like picking out an egg and then it would do some sort of ultrasound and you could see what type of dinosaur was in there. Sadly this area was crowded and I didn’t have the patience to wait long. We watched one girl do it and the device didn’t work. We watched another person do it and again it wasn’t working properly, so we gave up.

Claire really wanted to play with this stuff and looking back, I really feel bad we didn’t spend much time there. I said we would come back and we never did make it. I rushed us around because of the rumbly in my tumbly.
I took a couple more pictures of the area behind the glass where the “Dr.’s” were working.

And then we headed out the back entrance there.

We took in the views across the lake.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #218
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We then made our way up a hill around the building to get back to the front.

Another Jeep………which Claire again refused to stand by.

Hey look! There’s Hogwarts again.

We moved on and I took a few pictures. We were looking for the River Adventure.

And we found it, but to our disappointment the line was about an hour long. At this point Claire said she would NOT be riding that ride at all. I never did find out if they had a single riders line, but if they had, we probably would’ve done it that way later on. Claire had watched the Youtube video before going and remarked about how fake everything was. But NOW she was telling Skip that this ride has dinosaurs that pop out at you and it’s really scary. LOL. With the line being so long, my hungry tummy, the extremely hot weather, and Claire’s desire NOT to ride it, we skipped it.
This is one ride I regret never getting to ride.

And once again, we started walking and taking pictures.

We found the Pteranodon Riders and Camp Jurassic. The Riders had a 50 minute wait…no thanks (and you must have a child with you to be able to ride it as an adult), and I wasn’t about to spend time in a playground…no matter how neat it might be.

Off we go! My mission now is food.

As we entered Toon Lagoon, Skip suggested we just stop and get a quick service something or other.
The dino in me roared! “NO! I want something REAL, like nachos, and I want to sit out of the sun!”

He didn’t ask that question again……

We stopped and watched this for a few minutes. Claire loved it.

I thought this area was very colorful as well and I did keep taking pictures, but the sun was really shining hard, so half the time I just clicked and hoped I got something.

Claire was starting to do a little whining herself. She wanted to get wet. We came upon this…..Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rats Barges.

They decided to take the plunge. I declined and went and sat down. As soon as I did, I realized that Skip still had the backsack and it would probably come back soaking wet, along with his phone. Oh Well, I couldn’t see them and I knew they weren’t about to get back out of line.

I took a quick sit down and took a few pictures of the Olive (a water play area).

That got boring quickly, so I went off to take some pictures elsewhere.

This is not my family, but this is the ride they were on.

I took quite a few pictures of this area, but sadly never went into any of the buildings. I would like to explore here a little more in the future as well.

It was like walking right through the Sunday Papers Comic section.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #219
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Darn the Dis! I haven't been getting email notifications and I'm behind on all of my subscribed threads. Let's see........what the heck did I want to comment on? I know I've forgotten a lot of what I wanted to say. I'm glad that you talked Claire into posing with Thing 1 and Thing 2 because the pictures turned out great.

I hate that the special effects building thingie was a long wait and turned out to be something that really wasn't worth the wait. But, like you said, at least now you can check that off your list of things to see and do.

Shoot, I can't remember what else. Oh, wait, I wish Claire hadn't backed out of the Jurassic Park ride. I've heard that it's pretty fun. I am a fan of the Jurassic Park movies so I think we would have enjoyed it.

I guess that's all I can remember. Hopefully the Dis will go back to normal soon.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #220
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Darn the Dis! I haven't been getting email notifications and I'm behind on all of my subscribed threads. Let's see........what the heck did I want to comment on? I know I've forgotten a lot of what I wanted to say. I'm glad that you talked Claire into posing with Thing 1 and Thing 2 because the pictures turned out great.

I hate that the special effects building thingie was a long wait and turned out to be something that really wasn't worth the wait. But, like you said, at least now you can check that off your list of things to see and do.

Shoot, I can't remember what else. Oh, wait, I wish Claire hadn't backed out of the Jurassic Park ride. I've heard that it's pretty fun. I am a fan of the Jurassic Park movies so I think we would have enjoyed it.

I guess that's all I can remember. Hopefully the Dis will go back to normal soon.
Glad I wasn't the only one. Are you getting them now? I started getting them last night.
I was bummed we never did Jurassic Park rive adventure....something to look forward to next time.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #221
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Daddys here!

Got a chuckle out of this!! Here comes Skip.........with his bag!!

Quote:
NO! I want something REAL, like nachos...

Love the comic strip pictures! That area looks so neat!
Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration! June 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post45286013
Mom/Daughter Christmas TR! 2011http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851142
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #222
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Got a chuckle out of this!! Here comes Skip.........with his bag!!

Love the comic strip pictures! That area looks so neat!
He's a crazy guy at times. He didn't complain about carrying the bag too much at all ,but I could tell he was surprised I had him do it. The only time he mentioned it is the few times when I said he could leave it and I got a little cheer. LOL
I'm still debating on bringing the stroller for Nov. I know she can hang, but we'll have more and longer days and it's so nice to throw stuff in it instead of being a pack mule myself.

The down side is I will have to take it on the ship with me as well. And thats what is making me think I'll leave it home. I do want to try and take it slower at WDW this time, with some more down time (we'll see how that plays out) and the parks close earlier this time of year.

The hours came out for Nov yesterday! YAY. But I am shocked how early MK closes all week. The party dates are not what I expected either. I think I will skip the first one, which is on the 9th and hit the 2nd one on Monday. At least now I have an idea on how to plan. Though I really haven't done too much except think of about 20 places I want to eat at.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #223
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

I think they took the hours down! I can only get to October They are probably not selling many tickets because the airlines are charging an arm, leg, kidney, and left lung, to fly right now.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #224
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I think they took the hours down! I can only get to October They are probably not selling many tickets because the airlines are charging an arm, leg, kidney, and left lung, to fly right now.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_Nov.pdf

They don't have AK hours yet though.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-13-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #225
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
These are on the TA site.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_Nov.pdf

They don't have AK hours yet though.
Ahhh! Makes perfect sense now lol. I assume the nights they close at 7 are for the parties. They used to be on Sundays. Kinda surprised they are on Mondays now.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: