Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #181
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
That's funny Claire was leaving you in the dust to get to Seuss Land! I loved taking pictures of everything too and they didn't want to wait on me either.

We had to wait about 25 or 30min. to get on the trolley train ride. I thought is was really cute. Did you get to take pictures while you were on the ride? They kept making announcements that we couldn't take pictures. We couldn't take them on the cat in the hat ride either.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
I just realized that though I had edited them, I hadn't psted the pictures I took on the trolley yet. I just did now. LOL
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #182
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So cute. You ALMOST have me convinced to go over there on our next trip!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #183
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
So cute. You ALMOST have me convinced to go over there on our next trip!
It is a fun place to explore.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #184
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Great update with great pics! Looks like it was a nice sunny and bright day! Oh to see blue skies.... it is rainy here today.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #185
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Great update with great pics! Looks like it was a nice sunny and bright day! Oh to see blue skies.... it is rainy here today.
It was a fantastic day weather wise. It actually got pretty darn hot. I could go for one of those days right now too.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #186
SharonK0527
Mouseketeer

All caught up! Loving the TR! My DD was the same way as Claire - she liked the Butterbeer for the first few minutes and I ended up finishing the rest.

Can't wait for the next update!

Sharon
Mom to Savannah, age 11
Pickerington, OH
Owner at Summer Bay Resort

SharonK0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #187
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK0527 View Post
All caught up! Loving the TR! My DD was the same way as Claire - she liked the Butterbeer for the first few minutes and I ended up finishing the rest.

Can't wait for the next update!
I definitely think it's too sweet. Maybe half a cup would be better....or the option to buy a smaller cup. if we ever get it again, we will share for sure.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #188
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Our next destination was One Fish Two Fish.

Claire had also watched youtube videos of this ride. It’s very much like Dumbo…..with a twist. There is a song that plays while you ride and tells you when to go up and down. If you don’t follow it, you have the chance at getting wet. YEP! They have fish along the sides that like to squirt you. This is exactly what Claire wanted. I on the other hand wanted to stay dry.

The line wasn’t too long. We just had to wait a couple of cycles before it was our turn.

Soon it was our turn to board. The girl was trying to get the 3 of us to ride together and I kept telling her no. She said the seats were big and we would be fine, again, I told her no. She kept at it, and I just flat out said no over and over. I’m glad I stuck to that decision. There was NO WAY the 3 of us would’ve fit in one car.

Claire chose to ride with Skip…Yay! I could avoid getting wet!

Skip told me after, that it was tight with just the 2 of them in the car, he couldn’t see how I would’ve made it in with them.

Soon we were taking off and I tried to follow the song and take pictures at the same time.

I quickly found that following the songs directions was NOT working for me. I couldn't go up or down fast enough…and got shot in the ear with water. UGH! I hate that feeling.

After playing around, I realized that staying up worked best for me. There were less sprays at the top and if you watched carefully you could dip under them just enough. I pretty much avoided most of the water squirts once I figured that out.

Here’s a couple more I took while riding.

We saw that The Cat in the Hat was out for autographs, but Claire had to go potty, so we dashed over there first and used the restroom. When we came back he was still out, along with a few other characters, one being the Grinch. We got in the short line for the Cat and met him. Claire calls him Dr. Seuss all the time. I try to tell her that Dr. Seuss is the guy who wrote the story, but she keeps forgetting. LOL

We pulled out our cute pillowcase for signatures and she went up and met with him.

As you can see, Claire and Skip got a little wetter than I did. Claire was aiming for the water. LOL

It was then announced that the characters were going in and would be out for a show shortly. That was OK by Claire, because the Grinch looked scary to her anyways. This became a theme with every character there.

Skip and Claire sat down for the show, and I walked away, but for the life of me I have no clue why or where.
I took these pictures though.

I must’ve just strolled the area, I guess. I came back shortly and took a few pictures of the show that had already started.

Last edited by jenseib; 04-12-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #189
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After the show was over the characters came down for autographs. Claire said no, but I insisted she meet up with the Things since she was wearing a “thing” outfit and bow.
She reluctantly gave in and had a blast with them. I’ll warn you now. I took over 20 pictures of her with them. I cut it down a bit on what I am posting, but you know me, I like to post pictures.

Her outfit and hair bow was a big hit with them.

They both signed her pillowcase, but I wasn’t thinking and hadn’t moved the embroidery hoop after the Cat had signed, so all 3 signatures are smooshed in 1 small area.

That was fun, but she wouldn’t go visit with anyone else. The lines were not bad at all for the characters, a lot less than most Disney lines, but she didn’t want to wait and she wasn’t as familiar with most of these guys either.

We headed off towards the Cat in the Hat ride. The line was posted as being 10 minutes, not bad at all. I took a couple of pics while in the cue.

When we got towards the front they asked for a party of 3…That’s us! So we got to cut up and get right on. The TM’s fussed over Claire’s outfit too. She loves it when they do that.

You are not supposed to be taking pictures on this ride….but I did…till I got caught. I guess they have cameras watching you because a little ways in we heard an announcement. I couldn’t understand what it said, but Skip did and told me to put that camera away before we get kicked out. OOPS! It was just as well, because I took some really bad pictures anyways.

I must say, this is an awesome dark ride. I really liked the story inside and I think it’s better than many of the Disney dark rides. One thing to know…this ride spins every so often. And not just a small spin, a pretty wicked one. It was fun, but after one ride for me, I was done. Claire on the other hand was not. She wanted to go right back on, so Skip took her on and I told them I’d be in the area waiting. I checked out the gift shop and took a few pictures.

I really loved these Thing tank tops. I debated and decided if I was to get one; it would be when we left so I didn’t have to carry it around all day.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #190
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Dis is totally acting whacky. It was down last night for updates and today I am fighting it all the way. Posting is hard. I had to try a couple of browsers to be able to add color to my text. And then when I do post I get all sorts of codes flashing. Didn't they just update the site less than 2 months ago. I know it's a big group here, but this gets so hard to work with at times. Good thing I am loyal to Dis.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #191
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I'm experiencing the same problems with the Dis. I want my color back! I was also no longer logged in either.

The Suess pictures are so colorful. That area is not my cup of tea. I liked the Cat in the Hat book & some others, but I don't like any of the new stuff. The Lorax is a bit too preachy & so is the Sneeches for my taste.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #192
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

The dis isn't showing me my subscribed threads so I have to go through all the different forums to fine them It threw me out 2 days ago so I gave it a break. I hope they get it fixed soon.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #193
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

Where did you get Claire's Thing 1 outfit? It looks homemade. Did you have someone make it for you? I am really liking it.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #194
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Here's another one not happy with how the DIS is acting lately. Lost two updates, no more reminders of new posts ...... what's up??????

BUT, as always I love your update, Jen. The One Fish, Two Fish ride sounds fun - never been on, but we have been on the Cat in the Hat one and heard that announcement a few times too! Not that I did photos.

You know, with all the time we have spent there, we never even realized there was a show? Is that a new thing?
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #195
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Fantastic updates! Great pictures in Seussland!! This is the closest I have been and the most I have seen of the One Fish Two Fish ride and the Cat in the Hat attraction.

The pictures of Claire with the Cat in the Hat and the Things are just priceless. I could see why they were intrigued by her outfit.

Seriously, what is up with the photo restrictions at Universal?
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: