Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #106
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
With this trip, i'm sort of wondering if i'm overthinking things?

Can you overplan?

I mean you're not going to do everything, it's impossible, but especially on the cruise, so many options/excursions.
I'm thinking i'll choose one excursion, one for DS and another for DH.
I'm not going to go crazy about it
re cruise excursions..we did one (snorkle boat trip) each port except the cruise island ie castaway cay.....but this time DH is doing a padi course so i get to stay onboard each port day having the pool all to myself....paradise for me, i hate port days.

be careful, the excursions are expensive and do add up.
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #107
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
With this trip, i'm sort of wondering if i'm overthinking things?

Can you overplan?

I mean you're not going to do everything, it's impossible, but especially on the cruise, so many options/excursions.
I'm thinking i'll choose one excursion, one for DS and another for DH.
I'm not going to go crazy about it
Absolutely! But it is your PTR...plan it how you want.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #108
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
re cruise excursions..we did one (snorkle boat trip) each port except the cruise island ie castaway cay.....but this time DH is doing a padi course so i get to stay onboard each port day having the pool all to myself....paradise for me, i hate port days.

be careful, the excursions are expensive and do add up.
Yeah, the $$ will come into play, I want DS to do the stingray thing, me, there is nothing jumping out at me too much, DH golf golf golf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Absolutely! But it is your PTR...plan it how you want.
What if you plan heaps, and not all of it eventuates? Then you could end up disappointed

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #109
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

you can always book on-board..spaces become available all the time...even staying on board is an adventure...
Old 05-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #110
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
What if you plan heaps, and not all of it eventuates? Then you could end up disappointed
Reality is always short of fantasy.

I kinda have a list of things to do and separate by 'do not miss' vs 'too bad so sad'. I don't think I've EVER hit all my 'do not miss' items on any list....ever.

It just means that there will be a....next time.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 05-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #111
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Reality is always short of fantasy.

I kinda have a list of things to do and separate by 'do not miss' vs 'too bad so sad'. I don't think I've EVER hit all my 'do not miss' items on any list....ever.

It just means that there will be a....next time.
next time...LOL

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 05-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #112
australiankaren

next time gadget...next time!

it doesn't hurt to be OCD re holiday planning...I know, cause I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #113
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
next time...LOL
That's how I justify some of my trips to DH. How can he argue against a logical list????

Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #114
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

re: the cruise planning. for ours, we are doing 1 x port adventure (well, it's on the list to be booked, we can't book until 10th september) and the rest, we'll play it by ear... each night is dinner & a show and the rest we'll decide on each morning etc. we don't mind not having other port excursions booked, as this way, if we're not feeling well, want to shop more etc, we can

plus, we're booking a remy dinner in lieu of another 'excursion'.

i hope you get to a happy place with the planning. i love being OCD about the logistics of getting from point a to point b, where we're staying, reviews etc. but the actual day to day activities are more of a go-with-the-flow style..

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #115
maryr1oz
Mouseketeer

Just saw your '17 weeks to go' title and thought - awwwww 17 weeks that's so close i'm jealous, then realised via your ticker that we are actually leaving for our trip 10 days before you!

I don't know how long away i thought our trip still was in weeks but realising it was only about 16 weeks away was a nice surprise

I am however still jealous of you trip to the US and the cruise - love reading about others' plans

Enjoy the planning!

2014 Hong Kong Disneyland - Photo Thread - Trip Report - 2012 - Disneyland Paris -Newport Bay Club - Better late than never? - 2009 - Disneyland - Desert Inn and Suites - 2007 - Disneyland - Anaheim Plaza Inn - 2005 - Disneyland - Super 8 on Katella - 1998 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe

July 2014 Spain/France Trip Report
maryr1oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #116
mindy32
Mouseketeer

I'm definitely overthinking, but I love to plan! We're all booked, managed to convince DH and our friend we needed 6 nights at WDW whoo! 25 weeks til we set off to LA.

I'm trying to organise ADR's since I can book in a few weeks but I am so confused, too many choices and I'm definitely overthinking it all!
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #117
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryr1oz View Post
Just saw your '17 weeks to go' title and thought - awwwww 17 weeks that's so close i'm jealous, then realised via your ticker that we are actually leaving for our trip 10 days before you!

I don't know how long away i thought our trip still was in weeks but realising it was only about 16 weeks away was a nice surprise

I am however still jealous of you trip to the US and the cruise - love reading about others' plans

Enjoy the planning!
It's closer than we think huh?

I've never delved into DL Paris, a whole new ball game (that reminds me, DH wants to go to a ball game in NY LOL)

Maybe one day we could get to DL Paris, maybe experience some culture LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy32 View Post
I'm definitely overthinking, but I love to plan! We're all booked, managed to convince DH and our friend we needed 6 nights at WDW whoo! 25 weeks til we set off to LA.

I'm trying to organise ADR's since I can book in a few weeks but I am so confused, too many choices and I'm definitely overthinking it all!
I pretty much guessed my ADR's, if you don't go somewhere I figure you won't really know what you're missing LOL

Cheers to overplanning and overthinking, I need to stop it as it makes it hard to concentrate on my work sometimes LOL

Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #118
becpee
I see sock puppets

It's getting closer!!!

That is all LOL

Old 05-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #119
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's getting closer!!!

That is all LOL
i love those last few months... they seem to fly right by and then before you know it, the trip is here...

we're at the 6 month mark, and it feels like FOREVER til our trip gets here...probably a good thing when you have to save up still

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #120
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
i love those last few months... they seem to fly right by and then before you know it, the trip is here...

we're at the 6 month mark, and it feels like FOREVER til our trip gets here...probably a good thing when you have to save up still
I just looked at my ticker...

3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days!

Sounds so much better than 16 weeks and 3 days

Still waiting for my webjet refund, waiting to book NYC accom, pretty sure i'll be Hotwire-ing it, DH will not slum it, so i'm just going to hit up a mystery booking, checking the rates daily, they'll drop at some stage.

One night at LAX to book also

DL tickets to buy, I might get them at the gate, i'm not sure yet.

It really is getting closer,

I can't wait to see the Statue of Liberty for real

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: