Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #841
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
so, I chase FF points thru my credit card, and after my epic spend in the last month have been waiting for my points to post...NOPE!!!! cause I went over my 50,000 cap for this year..so i am out around 8000 + points which translates to around 4000 velocity points or 50 ANZ points...furious I am

damn you Com bank and your crappy awards card.......

I'm off to look for a new card......I'll take my money elsewhere

rant))))))))))))))done for now...today was not a good day to give up nude dumpster diving
We've taken two cards one each. Same total limit but over two separate accounts. Both accumulating points and no danger of limits Whatever it takes to chase those lovely FF points.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #842
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
We've taken two cards one each. Same total limit but over two separate accounts. Both accumulating points and no danger of limits Whatever it takes to chase those lovely FF points.
bugger b00bs bum bugger
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #843
LizfromOz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
You know, I hate that when I get it said to me The DL/DCL trip was the biggest and most expensive we've ever done (we usually camp in the middle of nowhere). It took me almost a year of non-stop saving plus cutting back on other things to achieve it. We don't smoke or gamble. I don't drink and DH buys a carton of beer every couple of weeks, we hardly eat out etc, yet all I hear is "you're rich". I'm sick of prefacing everything I say about our holiday (plus the next one) with "we're saving really hard...". I think it's all about making choices and if people don't like it then they should shut up.

Ok. Rant over Back to reading.
Well said!
LizfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #844
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
so, I chase FF points thru my credit card, and after my epic spend in the last month have been waiting for my points to post...NOPE!!!! cause I went over my 50,000 cap for this year..so i am out around 8000 + points which translates to around 4000 velocity points or 50 ANZ points...furious I am

rant))))))))))))))done for now...today was not a good day to give up nude dumpster diving
Holy carp, Karen that stinks! Lousy bu@@ers...

Definitely sounds like you need a new card, or maybe just an extra one?? .

We have three, 2 for the expenses of DH's and my businesses , and another one for personal expenses and they all contribute to our FF points. By splitting expenses across 3 cards we've never hit a cap. ( I'm not 100% sure if we have a cap, but I'm guessing we probably do??)

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #845
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

Wow that bites. I didnt even know there was a cap

Off to research my card terms and conditions in more depth

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #846
becpee
I see sock puppets

Moving right along

We checked out of Bonnet Creek on the Saturday morning, and headed back to the outlets before we headed out of Orlando.
I wanted to stop at the Coach store and grab another clutch purse, DH was fine with that

Anyway, we're heading toward the freeway, DS has no idea where we're going.
The I'm like "umm I forgot something"
DH looks at me like i'm nuts "What did you forget?"
There was some stuff in the wardrobe in the hotel, and it's still there
DH again looks at me like i'm an idiot, ok, I am an idiot.
He turns the car around and I ring them and ask them to check the wardrobe (closet to USA lurkers ) yep, we have a pair of pajama's, a pair of sneakers and a swimsuit.
Yup, thats mine.
So we head back to the hotel and i'm waiting in the foyer for my stuff, and I can see DH in the valet area out the front looking at me and shaking his head thinking "what an idiot"

Anyway, back in the car, and heading toward our new destination, DS in the back "Where are we going? Are we going to Disneyworld today"
"Sort of".

We have 100 miles to keep the cat in the bag, and DS can read so we have to be careful.
Driving, going through toll booths (and no, sometimes even if you put the right money in it'll still ask for more so have spares).
We're getting closer and seeing some of this
and more of this

DS piping up in the back "are we going to the beach?"

Then I spotted this one, thankfully DS didn't

Then this one, you can't miss it!

I pointed it out to DS "Whats that one?"
"Thats a Mickey boat"
"Would you like to go on it"
"Umm yeah"

He still didn't cotton on
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #847
battymum
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah, forgot this was a tr thread!

How exciting for your DS! Those ships sure are impressive!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #848
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Nice! I guess we'll find out when DS did cotton on in the next post...

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #849
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

The suspense is killing me

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #850
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

yep.....your killing us

so how did he react.....??? what did you say??? ..... did you leave any items in the hire car?????...did the hire car people return your items????...

so in the mean time, we are all just going to talk about my crappy bugger credit card and FF point caps.....

looking at new cards this week....how dare they rob me, yes rob me I say of my hard earned with DH's money... points...

b00bs

just seeing if they have slipped a moderator in when we were all out of the country
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #851
becpee
I see sock puppets

Hi everybody, thought i'd continue on with our TR

We're planning another trip, the Disney depression has eased as little

So, DS didn't know we were going on the Fantasy, there we are driving down the road and see it and now he tells me this is when he knew..

There were no cheers, no whoops, nothing.
Just "oh, ok, we're going on the Fantasy"

We dropped the car off at the Enterprise car rental place and got the shuttle to the terminal, had a great shuttle driver who could have been a tour guide himself.
He had a great old time telling us about Disney cruises and how we could relax from here on in because we were now on vacation.

Little did we know he was so right

We had our bags taken from us at the bus and didn't see them again until our stateroom.
It took a little while to go through the security checkpoint at the terminal, I vividly remember a lady with a massive Dooney & Bourke in the queue in front of us and DH pointing at it and saying "oh, nice bag", my reply "thats about $300 worth of nice bag right there" and he said "Not that nice"

We checked into the ship, (seamless process) and moved across the terminal to where we checked DS into the kids clubs, also seamless, alot of families there of course but all very organized.

Then came time to board with the boarding photo (i'm not showing )
Then onto the ship!!
No streamers for us but a golf clap from the crew and we were on our way.

We made our way to our stateroom 8592 and were greeted by a package on the bed

compliments of Dreams Unlimited
This was what we could see from our stateroom

Those Disney touches
We were very happy with our stateroom, with an upgrade to the larger
We headed to Cabana's for lunch, I thought the selections were fantastic, if you couldn't find anything that you liked to eat you weren't trying hard enough.
We also indulged in a "Drink of the day", $5 and I can't remember what this one was but it tasted good

Pretty sure for lunch I had prawns, prawns, crab and prawns

We had packed our bathers (togs, swimmers, bathing suits) in our carry on so that we could swim even if our bags hadn't been delivered to our stateroom.
We went back and DS changed

and we were dying to try out the Aquaduck!
So we did!

Thats DS and I up there!

Loved the Aquaduck and rode it many times

Fantasy hour #3, we already loved it

The reveal was a bit of an anticlimax, but the cruise beginning definately wasn't

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 01-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #852
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Another update, with drinks!

So DS wasn't remotely even excited about going on the cruise? What a shame.
Aquaduck looks great.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #853
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Another update, with drinks!

So DS wasn't remotely even excited about going on the cruise? What a shame.
Aquaduck looks great.
No real fanfare or anything, just "oh, yay, we're going on a cruise"
A bit disappointing, but we moved on...to the Aquaduck LOL
Once we got on he started hyping up a bit, he loved the stateroom and loved the surroundings, it's hard to not get excited when you're on there, it's amazing

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 01-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #854
marvel
DIS Veteran

you just never know kids reactions, and later they will tell you how amazing they thought everything was and you think 'really? because the reaction at the time didnt show it.

i cant get our kids to agree to a cruise, they think they will be seasick and rocky all the time.
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #855
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
you just never know kids reactions, and later they will tell you how amazing they thought everything was and you think 'really? because the reaction at the time didnt show it.

i cant get our kids to agree to a cruise, they think they will be seasick and rocky all the time.
So true Marvel
He loved the cruise, we all did, would have cried except we were going to WDW for dinner

I wasn't sure how we would all go on a cruise, I was concerned with being stuck on a ship for a week with nothing to do, but the time went so quickly!
DH used to be in the navy and has seen some shocking sea conditions (he was on little boats, not big ships) and we didn't even feel the ship move.
We can't wait to go again

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: