Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #736
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum from oz View Post
You're in Tamworth aren't you? I know what you mean about people trashing places. We do work up there for Housing NSW.... Security but I know what you mean about the damage that can occur.

I think in a perfect world you'd have enough housing for the population and it would be affordable for everyone, sadly we don't live in a perfect world.
Yeah I agree, and also in that perfect world people would respect what doesn't belong to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
I understand that Bec but there are a lot of families homeless in the USA at the moment due to the job/financial situation over there and they do not have the government entitlements like we do thats what i was referring to, People have to walk away form paid for houses over there because they cant afford to pay there yearly property taxes (our rates) Also they have a huge amount of people with mental illness homeless because they closed down there institutions years ago they have no means of income and no where to live.
I agree that a bunch of stuff needs to change, I don't know if it's US wide, but in CT the property taxes cover school fees. I would hate having to pay for someone else's kids to go to school

Bleh, not our problem really - who wants to talk about politics on the Dis?!?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #737
battymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett

Yeah I agree, and also in that perfect world people would respect what doesn't belong to them

I agree that a bunch of stuff needs to change, I don't know if it's US wide, but in CT the property taxes cover school fees. I would hate having to pay for someone else's kids to go to school

Bleh, not our problem really - who wants to talk about politics on the Dis?!?
Or some sick person to go to hospital!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #738
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
That is so amazing that you are already talking about your next trip. In some way this unfortunate delay has turned into a kind of mini holiday and nice blessing.

That Mexican grill sounds delish. I love mexican. I think there is only 1 mexican restaurant here in Canberra, can you believe that?
That's exactly how we're looking at it a relaxing end to a pretty full on trip.

DH still hasn't been to San Francisco so that will probably be on the next, along with Legoland...and DH wants to bring his golf clubs, he's sick of hiring.
So getting home, we have to fix up the backyard, it till looks like a BMX track, and plan the next trip...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #739
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
That's exactly how we're looking at it a relaxing end to a pretty full on trip.

DH still hasn't been to San Francisco so that will probably be on the next, along with Legoland...and DH wants to bring his golf clubs, he's sick of hiring.
So getting home, we have to fix up the backyard, it till looks like a BMX track, and plan the next trip...
San Francisco is such a beautiful city, I'm sure your husband will love it there.

I can't imagine lugging the golf clubs all the way over there but if it gets you another trip, I'd be, hey no worries

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #740
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'm surprised that DH hasn't talked about buying a new set of clubs in the US. That's how my brother justified a second set....so much cheaper, don't have to lug them there; just back....

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #741
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's exactly how we're looking at it

DH still hasn't been to San Francisco so that will probably be on the next, .
We loved San Fran. I can strongly recommend Franchino Restaurant in Little Italy (347 Columbus Ave) for the best home-style Italian meals. They're only open for dinner, though.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #742
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee
3 nights to go, I'm not counting down, I don't want to go home at all.
DH is talking of coming back here, it is a really lovely place.
We're already talking the next trip

We also found a little takeaway place called Chipotle Mexican Grill, so cheap and so tasty!
It's like Subway but Mexican! If you see one don't hesitate to try it
Love the next trip is already being planned!

I have heard great things about Chipotle from a few people now. I know there is one right near our accom in NY so it's on my list. Even the kids meals looked great there!

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #743
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
Love the next trip is already being planned!

I have heard great things about Chipotle from a few people now. I know there is one right near our accom in NY so it's on my list. Even the kids meals looked great there!
We've been to Chipotle twice now, and I'm a fan even better DS who is a fussy eater is a fan and it is so cheap, wholesome and filling.
Tonight we're off to The Cheesecake Factory, not so wholesome but very filling

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #744
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Oh Becpee, have just caught up on all this! Wow, you have a good case to argue with Delta as that Delta agent on the phone should have cancelled that MCO-LAX flight while you were on the phone with them and should NEVER have told you that no-showing the flight was okay. When res agents are on the phone to pax, they should technically make notes in the booking of everything they discussed with the pax so it would be very interesting to know what booking notes are in that booking of yours and whether Delta will be honest with you if, in fact, the res agent recorded the facts of the conversation correctly.

On the positive, so glad that you are enjoying Palm Springs. When we lived in L.A. when I was a child, my parents would sometimes take us there for long weekends which we all enjoyed.
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #745
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee

We've been to Chipotle twice now, and I'm a fan even better DS who is a fussy eater is a fan and it is so cheap, wholesome and filling.
Tonight we're off to The Cheesecake Factory, not so wholesome but very filling
My girls are not fussy but they are not very adventurous eaters so I'm glad to hear your son liked the food

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #746
becpee
I see sock puppets

We're on our way home
Sitting in LAX using the free wifi, just had The Last Supper at IHOP, and all we did was sit there saying " I don't want to go"

We'll get home and the planning and saving begins again.

A plan for a 48inch mark on the wall, and when DS reaches it we book another Disney trip

My tip of the day? Do not use hotel phones for long distance calls
We both called our workplaces last week, DH was on the phone for 4 minute, me for 10
$100 later and that's after they refunded $47 for calls made that didn't even connect. They refunded those when I asked for itemized calls, that's my only compliant about the hotel though

See you on the flip side, with pics I'm going back to work on Thursday, that'll be fun...not

Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #747
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
We're on our way home
Sitting in LAX using the free wifi, just had The Last Supper at IHOP, and all we did was sit there saying " I don't want to go"

We'll get home and the planning and saving begins again.

A plan for a 48inch mark on the wall, and when DS reaches it we book another Disney trip

My tip of the day? Do not use hotel phones for long distance calls
We both called our workplaces last week, DH was on the phone for 4 minute, me for 10
$100 later and that's after they refunded $47 for calls made that didn't even connect. They refunded those when I asked for itemized calls, that's my only compliant about the hotel though

See you on the flip side, with pics I'm going back to work on Thursday, that'll be fun...not
enjoy the last rays of holidays..its so depressing to be back..and with my next WDW sept 2015 I think I am going to die......

safe travels......looking forward to YOUR TR
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #748
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a safe trip home. And roll on the next holidays
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #749
becpee
I see sock puppets

Just heard the funniest thing yet, Delta can't fly to San Diego tonight because their crew timed out, so they're chartering a bus.
Delta is a circus...

Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #750
battymum
DIS Veteran

Enjoy your flight, Becpee - look forward to your tr!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: