Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #661
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Bec - I hope you get the CC sorted out with your bank. We had a similar issue with DH's CC a couple of years ago. The card got swiped...either at CSR at WDW or at a favourite restaurant in Silicon Valley. Our bet was WDW as we'd been to that restaurant many times before.

The card was used in Las Vegas about 4 months after we came home for $$$$. The bank called us and it took us another 3 months before the bank deleted the charges.

We ended up having to cancel the card and issuing new cards for us.

What. a. pain.

Enjoy being in the Happiest Place on Earth!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #662
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Wow sucks about the unauthorised charge. I would contact the bank immediately just as an fyi. Also it may be a kind of pre authorisation from the company's head office location.. That happens a lot. Just the other day i took a cab here in brisbane. The transaction showed it as a cab in east sydney ie in a different state. Sometimes what appears on the statement doesnt reflect the actual purchase or purchase location ...

Good luck in sorting it out

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #663
marvel
DIS Veteran

Thats bad luck and happened to us as well. You should always have at least one other card as a backup because it can ruin your plans.
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #664
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Couple of things - We did Feb in NYC in 2008 - Never again!! It was -16c and I could not think straight...

We tried to see central park, basically walked along side it for maybe 30m and went "bugger this" crossed the road and found shelter in a warm restaurant. Didn't see any of central park that trip.

The day before wasn't so bad, but like Ozdisneydreamin said, the temp difference between inside and outside is insane. You walk in, and have to strip down, you have to carry everything around with you while you're inside, and then load everything back on when you're ready to go to the next place. Doing this sort of nonsense gets me out of the mood for shopping pretty quickly...

We had a much nicer time there in May, but yeah I'd probably like to see it at Christmas too... Except! I disagree with Ozdisneydreamin on this point - 35c is a perfect temp for Christmas!!! You can't have prawns and ham salad sandwiches in cold weather!! *mutter*crazypeople*mutter*

The other thing - How good is that shuttle around LA from the airport? It's the best way to spend a lay over day!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #665
becpee
I see sock puppets

Went into LA this morning.
The Griffith Observatory, Pinks, then The Grove. I actually really like LA, it's very familiar
We also went to Ross and bought a Samsonite spinner carryon
Going to try and eat at Ralph Brennan's tonight, we ate there on our last trip and loved it.
I don't want this to end, I will cry when we leave
Right now though, I'm going for a swim

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #666
Ozdisneydreamin
Earning My Ears

Ohh I had no idea there was a Ross close by. I loved them in Oahu. Was Griffith Observatory worth going too? It's on our maybe list at the moment.
Ozdisneydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #667
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozdisneydreamin View Post
Ohh I had no idea there was a Ross close by. I loved them in Oahu. Was Griffith Observatory worth going too? It's on our maybe list at the moment.
The views from the observatory are amazing, the building itself is beautiful, there are walking tracks if you're that way inclined, I say it's worth a trip. We went on a Sunday,less traffic driving into LA than a weekday too.
And Ross is everywhere, got DS some jeans RRP $50 for $8.99

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #668
becpee
I see sock puppets

Headed to Californa Adventure today, and I love it!
Love the changes that have been made, Carsland is brilliant, and we got a fastpass for RSR at 7:50am for 10:30 am so got on it today also.
Disneyland was chocca block this afternoon, so we headed back to the hotel for a rest
Last day tomorrow
But as soon as we're back I'll start the plans for the next trip.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #669
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Love the changes that have been made, Carsland is brilliant, and we got a fastpass for RSR at 7:50am for 10:30 am so got on it today also.
Disneyland was chocca block this afternoon, so we headed back to the hotel for a rest
Last day tomorrow
Enjoy your last day it wont be so bad coming home knowing your planning your next trip
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #670
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
Enjoy your last day it wont be so bad coming home knowing your planning your next trip

How was Pinks? DH and I have talked about going there every time we've been over, but still haven't made it yet
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #671
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco392 View Post
hi

we've been twice over Christmas. it's cold- between -2 to 5 degrees. beanies gloves and thick jackets

in 2010 -2011 we were there during the Boxing Day blizzard. never seen anything like it. it was -10. the roads airports and trains all shut down for three days. they say it was once in 50 years.

but you know what, we still got out there made snowman in Central Park, little buddy did snow angels, ice skating and tobogganing in the park

the shop windows and decorations are beautiful

the radio city music hall Christmas spectacular

it is something to experience. man I can't wait to go back.

you cannot help but love it.
I love your "can do" attitude about the cold weather. I want to make a snow angel in Central Park if there is snow . I'm really looking forward to seeing this beautiful city in her Christmas finery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Yep although we loved WDW I can't see us getting back there, but definitely hope to get back to NYC someday! 4 days is just not enough.
4 days is so not enough

Quote:
I totally heart NY, was very grumpy getting on the plane, so grumpy in fact the young air hostie I encountered when we couldn't fit our bags in the overhead felt my wrath.
I despise airlines that charge for baggage, but I pay, and I put a big suitcase in the checked baggage. But I really hate people not checking baggage or paying but carrying 3 bags onto the plane and storing it in the overhead compartment
We ended up having to change some stuff around in our bags on the plane because they had to gate check one of our bags!
Some of the carry on size bags are ridiculous!!
I feel like tweeting Delta! So angry! Then at the end of the flight I had to watch people removing their 3 bags from the overhead, pretty sure you're supposed to store your personal bag under the seat in front yeah?
The whole carry on bag situation is unbelievable isn't it. We couldn't believe how much people were trying to bring on. We learned very quickly to be one of the first on the plane for our section so we got overhead space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
We were on a totally full southwest flight and we saw some customers get on with carry on luggage, a large hiking backpack, a regular messenger size bag, a shopping tote and a plastic bag with burger king cheeseburger and some bottled water etc. I was like are you kidding me?? 2 checked and 1 carry on is the limit, not 3 carry on and a personal item and some shopping. She was so upset when they made her hold all of it except 1 bag in the overhead locker and one under the seat in front

Same flight another passenger had a carry on suitcase and backpack and super large puffy jacket and knitting bag (?? I thought knitting needles werent allowed??) and a cooler bag from which she pulled out a kebab, a salad and some kind of cake. This was a 1 hr flight from vegas to lax !! They also made her hold all of it throughout the flight except 1 bag overhead and 1 under the seat.

I was gratified the flight attendants forced them to make room for others but i was like omg!! How inconsiderate were these people taking that much luggage on this flight!!
It's so weird seeing people carry all of this food on the planes. You rarely see that domestically in Australia. Good on the flight attendants for policing those bag abusers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Seriously, how hard is it for the airline to police this sort of thing- they should check everyone as they go through the gate and make them pay. I get really angry about this too, as far as I am concerned that space is mine.
I hear you sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
Meeee.....

Hated it with a passion in 2008.... Was there in December, accom was horrible, and I guess was tired and a tad off when I was there.....willing to give it another go, but in the near future....

Glad your having a great time
What did you hate about it? Was it the cold weather, crowds?????

Quote:
Last day tomorrow
Great to hear about Carsland. Any pics to share? It sounds awesome. I'd love to take my son there.

Sad that it's nearly over for you .

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #672
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Great to hear about Carsland. Any pics to share? It sounds awesome. I'd love to take my son there.

Sad that it's nearly over for you .
I will give you pic overload we went over there tonight and the lighting just makes Carsland look amazing, I doubt very much my pics do it any justice though.

Tonight as we walked down Main st I got that familiar twinge in my tummy, the butterflies, the teary eyes...it feels like home

Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #673
becpee
I see sock puppets

I'm having a nightmare, I need to wake up.

My DH must feel like killing me

We missed a leg on our itinerary and Delta cancelled our fare, so we're in LA until we find a flight home...so expensive I feel sick

Old 10-10-2012, 03:36 AM   #674
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

omg bec, are you ok? that must feel terrible. can they even do that? that really doesn't seem right!!

i hope that you can arrange for this to be sorted out soon and get back to a happy vacation

fingers crossed

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #675
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

oh that's beyond terrible - continue to complain to Delta until they give in and offer you something! Hope you get home soon :S
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: