Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #631
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you've had some yummy food experiences! Have fun in NYC!

I used the same photpass for WDW and DL in 2011, I had them all sent to me on the one photo CD.
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #632
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
We have friends travelling at the moment and they are leaving NYC today. They stayed at Doubletree Times Square and have had a great time!

What have you got planned for the big apple?
We're staying at Doubletree also, 14th floor looking right into Times Square, seriously amazing!
It's 5am here, my body just wants to be awake

We bought a NewYorkPass which gives us entry to many different attractions under 1 ticket, I think there is about 90 attractions so we'll start that today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum from oz View Post
Sounds like you've had some yummy food experiences! Have fun in NYC!

I used the same photpass for WDW and DL in 2011, I had them all sent to me on the one photo CD.
I have enjoyed the food so far
We have a list for NY for what we have to try also
Thanks for the photo pass info, so glad we'll be able to use it again!

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #633
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear about your NYC adventure. I know you will love it.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #634
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Have fun in the Big Apple.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #635
robynrainer
Earning My Ears

We just got back and used the NewYork Pass as well. As a family of five it was cheaper than paying entry to everywhere and certainly allowed us to see more than I would have if I was picking and choosing on entry fee considerations. We caught the subway down to 9-11 memorial one day. Walked to battery park then used it for the trip out to statue of liberty and Ellis island then caught the new York water taxi down under the Brookly bridge and up the Hudson back up tondo the intrepid in the afternoon then used the NYWT double decker bus to come back to the Rockefeller center to do top of the rock. Came back down in to Times Square for dinner and a wander thru the crazies and then walked back to our hotel at Affinia. It was a really well utilised day that only had the 9-11 bit planned at the start. My six year old was amazing and managed to walk the entire 12 hours we were out and about. And for him that is nothing short of a miracle!!
robynrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #636
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynrainer View Post
We just got back and used the NewYork Pass as well. As a family of five it was cheaper than paying entry to everywhere and certainly allowed us to see more than I would have if I was picking and choosing on entry fee considerations. We caught the subway down to 9-11 memorial one day. Walked to battery park then used it for the trip out to statue of liberty and Ellis island then caught the new York water taxi down under the Brookly bridge and up the Hudson back up tondo the intrepid in the afternoon then used the NYWT double decker bus to come back to the Rockefeller center to do top of the rock. Came back down in to Times Square for dinner and a wander thru the crazies and then walked back to our hotel at Affinia. It was a really well utilised day that only had the 9-11 bit planned at the start. My six year old was amazing and managed to walk the entire 12 hours we were out and about. And for him that is nothing short of a miracle!!
I think that's impressive for a 26 year old, let alone a 6 year old. What a marvellous little man.

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #637
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
I think that's impressive for a 26 year old, let alone a 6 year old. What a marvellous little man.
The rain defeated us today
It was a steady downpour for about 6 hours
So tomorrow we have to hit it hard, so much to fit it, but I did get some great photos, the architecture here is amazing!

This hotel is great, and the location

So many police around too, I've noticed people stopping everywhere and speaking to them and from what I've seen they're very approachable (except for the swat team disembarking their vehicle in Times Square with big guns but nobody batted an eyelid and they just all went about their business)

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #638
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

I too was blown away by the police presence. It actually really helped make me feel super safe while I was there.

I think it's funny how people don't take red lights seriously when they are crossing roads around Times Square. They just keep walking and make the cars stop

Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #639
becpee
I see sock puppets

I (we) love this place, I'm already putting things in the memory bank for next time.
We haven't done alot, Top of The Rock tomorrow, the last two days visibility has been at 0%
We did see Stevie Wonder today though, not something you see every day
This hotel is awesome, great location, very safe, I haven't been anywhere that I feel uneasy at.

Today we also did The Met museum, the museum of natural history and very briefly Central Park, then F.A.O Schwarz.

Flying to LA tomorrow night
The upside? Disneyland...my happy place

Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #640
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

I also love nyc. Our time there was tragically short and i was already planning a return visit whilst boarding my flight out of nyc. Hope you have a magical time in disneyland
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #641
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee
I (we) love this place, I'm already putting things in the memory bank for next time.
We haven't done alot, Top of The Rock tomorrow, the last two days visibility has been at 0%
This hotel is awesome, great location, very safe, I haven't been anywhere that I feel uneasy at.

Today we also did The Met museum, the museum of natural history and very briefly Central Park, then F.A.O Schwarz.

Wow brings back some great memories from our trip last year ( almost to the day). Enjoy !
2010 Operation California & Vegas DLR (Grand Californian)+San Diego+ Las Vegas
2009 Operation USA DLR (Sheraton)
Melbourne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #642
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post

Sounds like you've had an awesome time in NYC, definitely the one place I most want to visit - couldn't swing it time wise or $ wise for this trip but next time I am soooooo there! Good to hear you've felt safe there, have been toying with the idea of DD and I going on our own in a couple of years for a girl's trip.

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #643
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post

Looking forward to reading all about it in your TR.....Glad you enjoyed NYC.

Have fun at DL.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #644
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

I knew you would fall in love with NYC, just as our family has. It is weird how safe you feel in that city but you just do.

It just gets under your skin, that place. I'm excited to go to Paris and London and see if they have the same affect as NYC has had on us.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #645
Toy Story
DIS Veteran

Another NYClover here Doubletree is a great location, I really wanted to get a photo with the police in the 'Fashion District' as their uniforms say that on their arm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: