Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #46
becpee
I see sock puppets

Excited!

Just made the final payment on the cruise just now!

Will free up some $

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #47
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Excited!

Just made the final payment on the cruise just now!

Will free up some $
Congrats That must feel great!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #48
becpee
I see sock puppets

After flipping around like a goldfish out of water I bit the bullet and booked some accommodation.

I booked Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek for $346AUD for 3 nights, I know there will be extra charges for car parking and incidentals (golf anybody?) but my DH had a look and gave me the signed off signal
It looks pretty amazing and the lazy river will be awesome

So now the cruise is paid, some accom is paid, just need to book NYC accom and LA/Anaheim (Grand Cali I hope). I'd love a pincode for October please Walt?

It's all coming together, DS now knows about it and is dying to get picked for Star Wars training academy (tips please), but the cruise is being kept secret.

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 05-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #49
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
After flipping around like a goldfish out of water I bit the bullet and booked some accommodation.

I booked Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek for $346AUD for 3 nights, I know there will be extra charges for car parking and incidentals (golf anybody?) but my DH had a look and gave me the signed off signal

So now the cruise is paid, some accom is paid, just need to book NYC accom and LA/Anaheim (Grand Cali I hope). I'd love a pincode for October please Walt?

It's all coming together, DS now knows about it and is dying to get picked for Star Wars training academy (tips please), but the cruise is being kept secret.
Congratulations! Bonnet Creek is supposed to be really nice.

DS has been picked 3 times for the Training Academy at DLR.

The first time was when he was 7. It was a slow day at DL and not a lot of kids were present. So the chances of him being picked were really 100%.

The second time was when he was 9. He got picked 2 days in a row.
DS wore a Star Wars T-shirt (we specially got a Disney related one for him) and we told him to jump up and down and act crazy.

We also lined up early so that he was pretty much right at the front.
Not sure about the set up at DHS but at DLR, the parents are allowed to stand behind the kids.

As DS was jumping up and down, I was putting on my best pleading look and also frantically pointing to DS...and I mean frantically!! His cousins, who were standing nearby, missed out. My DBrother was just shaking his head at me. You can imagine who was shaking their head when his kids were upset at not being picked.

The next day, DS was not wearing any Disney or Star Wars shirts. But DBrother and I were standing right behind him and his cousins. All 3 kids got picked...because we were literally jumping up and down and pointing to our kids.
I've seen people come with signs???

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #50
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

We tried to get our kids picked at DL in 2009, we made signs before leaving for the US with cute sayings on them etc. Unfortunately they didn't get picked. It was a jam packed day and there were so many other people there, it really was pot luck as to who got picked I think.

Becpee - there are tons of threads on the main board about strategies for being picked.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #51
BobbyRach
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We are going to NYC in late September and I still have not booked accommodation either. I cannot decide between the Marriott Times Square as I have stayed there before and it was fantastic! They even have their own Starbucks and the location is fantastic. The other hotel I am tossing up with is Double Tree Guest Suites as everyone on here seems to love it there!!

My nephew who was 4 was also desperate to be chosen for the Star Wars training academy when we went in September 2010. We got there a good half an hour early (just as the last show was finishing) and he sat and waited at the very front. He had also just brought a light saver so when they chose people he jumped up and down with his light saber. He got chosen first. Just tell your little boy to be very loud and try to get their early so he is at the front. It also helps if he is wearing or has something Star Wars related they seemed to choose all the kids that had Star Wars shirts on etc.
BobbyRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
becpee
I see sock puppets

So tonight DH was sitting there examining our hotel choice and reeling off the praises listed for the golf course

Good choice!
He was even examining the menu's for the restaurants...

Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #53
becpee
I see sock puppets

Another morning surfing the web

Loving my lazy days, too cold to do anything

This is what i'm dreaming of

I booked Ramada inn at Anaheim for our DL stint, great rate, breakfast inc, walk to the park, just been refurbed and the reviews are good
Also no charge for parking if we decide to hire a car

I should get motivated and do something...

or not

Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #54
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

good to see you are finalising things......

i wish i was by the pool.....cocktail in hand
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 AM   #55
becpee
I see sock puppets

Karen tell me about it LOL

Flu sounds very nasty, I spent the day at home (in bed ) dodging sick people by the sounds of it.

If I stay home I don't spend money and I don't come across sick people, win/win.

I also have sent an email to cancel the Ramada Maingate because I found (on Webjet yet again) another great deal, $380 for 3 nights inc tax at the Fairfield Inn, saved about $80 by doing it

Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #56
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:

I also have sent an email to cancel the Ramada Maingate because I found (on Webjet yet again) another great deal, $380 for 3 nights inc tax at the Fairfield Inn, saved about $80 by doing it
Becpee, I was about to send a post saying congrats on your booking the Ramada and then I read this one! Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with your hotel. We've stayed at both and thought they were both fine

You'll be so close to the park, that's a real bonus

And just sending a get-well wish to all the sick ones on the board. This flu sounds like a real shocker Hope you are all feeling MUCH better very soon.

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #57
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Becpee, I was about to send a post saying congrats on your booking the Ramada and then I read this one! Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with your hotel. We've stayed at both and thought they were both fine

You'll be so close to the park, that's a real bonus

And just sending a get-well wish to all the sick ones on the board. This flu sounds like a real shocker Hope you are all feeling MUCH better very soon.

Andona
Thanks Andona
I know the locations are pretty much of a muchness, being so close is a real plus, I would have loved to have stayed at Grand Cali but New York has wiped out that budget, oh well, you can't have everything LOL

Now hoping I'll hit the jackpot with some NYC accom, thinking I may even use Hotwire but I'm going to wait a little bit before I book anything unless I get an amazing deal

It's getting closer...and I have bills coming out of my beehind

Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #58
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Andona
I know the locations are pretty much of a muchness, being so close is a real plus, I would have loved to have stayed at Grand Cali but New York has wiped out that budget, oh well, you can't have everything LOL

Now hoping I'll hit the jackpot with some NYC accom, thinking I may even use Hotwire but I'm going to wait a little bit before I book anything unless I get an amazing deal

It's getting closer...and I have bills coming out of my beehind
congrats on booking your disney accom - nyc accom was hard for us to book and we waited til kinda last minute to book ours... it's hard paying such huge rates for places that would be only 1/2 that in any other location hope you find an amazing deal

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #59
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Loving this PTR

At WDW I think the Jedi training academy is more organised, in the morning you queue up and they take the first 10 for the first show the second 10 for the second show and so on. In busy times it's suggested you go straight to the queue at rope drop, the children must be with the adult to sign up. It makes it a tough choice between Jedi and Toy Storiy Mania - unless you have two days then you can do one each day.

I have researched it quite a lot because my husband is a Star Wars nut so my girls love it too. The other day I was helping out in the classroom and they were playing a miming game. One girl was miming throwing a ball and my 6 year old asked if it was a 'force push'

We are not going to DL so I haven't looked into the training academy there at all..

And my tip for NY accommodation? Pick your hotel, pay and then never talk about it again.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #60
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
Loving this PTR

At WDW I think the Jedi training academy is more organised, in the morning you queue up and they take the first 10 for the first show the second 10 for the second show and so on. In busy times it's suggested you go straight to the queue at rope drop, the children must be with the adult to sign up. It makes it a tough choice between Jedi and Toy Storiy Mania - unless you have two days then you can do one each day.

I have researched it quite a lot because my husband is a Star Wars nut so my girls love it too. The other day I was helping out in the classroom and they were playing a miming game. One girl was miming throwing a ball and my 6 year old asked if it was a 'force push'

We are not going to DL so I haven't looked into the training academy there at all..

And my tip for NY accommodation? Pick your hotel, pay and then never talk about it again.
I'm laughing at the part I bolded there, because i'm like although comparing it to the same sort of thing here in Melbourne, it's comparable by price and standard.

Jedi training academy, it's all we're hearing about at home now... 4 months of this people!
Luckily we're at WDW for 9 days, so we'll be able to have a few goes at trying
I have a confession to make, I have never watched a Star Wars movie and i'm not about to start now

New York, very close to Hotwiring our accom (like right now!) and leaving it at that LOL
I have been researching and found what I think to be Doubletree Suites at Times Square for $1691 for 4 nights, actually not too steep for this NYC location...

Book or not? LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: