Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
billaroxilver
Earning My Ears

Too far for disney?

We are headed to disney world in 17 days! It is me, my hubby, DD (6), my mom and my sister. My sister is obese (5'7" and I am guessing about 310lbs) and I am wondering if there are any rides I could sort of blow off so she doesn't get embarrassed? My DD is insisting that she rides the teacups and dumbo with her but in my mind, I wonder if she is a big too for those? She is a 24/26 and pretty proportionate all over - big chest, big hips, big belly. Its not all in her stomach or hips - just spread through out.

I know she is self conscious enough without having something embarrassing happening to her.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by billaroxilver View Post
We are headed to disney world in 17 days! It is me, my hubby, DD (6), my mom and my sister. My sister is obese (5'7" and I am guessing about 310lbs) and I am wondering if there are any rides I could sort of blow off so she doesn't get embarrassed? My DD is insisting that she rides the teacups and dumbo with her but in my mind, I wonder if she is a big too for those? She is a 24/26 and pretty proportionate all over - big chest, big hips, big belly. Its not all in her stomach or hips - just spread through out.

I know she is self conscious enough without having something embarrassing happening to her.
MY DH is about the same size (but with a big belly) and he rode Dumbo with our DD3. She's itty-bitty so she was able to ride with him no problem. He also rode Peter Pan, Small World, Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, Ariel - all with no problems. The hardest thing was getting in and out, especially the boat rides that required stepping down. He would get our DD3 in first and then get in himself. The opposite happened when getting out. He got out while I held her hand (when possible, otherwise he just told her to stand still) and then he lifted her out. He did skip Barnstormer with DD6 because he felt too big to ride it and rode the carousel with DD3 instead. He was a tad squished in between the horses but they wouldn't let him stand on the outside for safety reasons but he endured it because DD3 LOVES carousels (I think they rode it 5 times while DD6 and I rode Barnstormer!).

I used to run BTMR and we had larger people ride all the time. The biggest thing is that the lap-bar (on rides that have one) has to go down. Even if it only goes down an inch, that's fine. She may be uncomfortable for the ride but she'll still be able to ride if she can just get the lap bar to go down a bit. DH has had bruises because he pushes it down so far on himself to get it closer for our girls (who are both really skinny) but other than that, no problems.

Hope this helps and I hope you guys have a great trip! :-)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
billaroxilver
Earning My Ears

Would BTMRR be an issue? I heard they are making HM bars click now too but how low do they have to go to click into place?

DD will not be riding BTMRR with her maybe my mom or I will.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Hay fellow Tar Heel. I"m also in the Easters part of NC. I don't think she should have a problem with the rides althogh at EPCOT I know the lap belt on test track may be a little tight on her. You may want to see if there is an extension she can add. from the CM at the front of the building. Have a magical trip. Are ya'll driving down?
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
Old 04-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Smile&Nod
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Hay fellow Tar Heel. I"m also in the Easters part of NC. I don't think she should have a problem with the rides althogh at EPCOT I know the lap belt on test track may be a little tight on her. You may want to see if there is an extension she can add. from the CM at the front of the building. Have a magical trip. Are ya'll driving down?

I am 5' 7" and have gone to Disney many times weighing in the 270s - one tip for Test Track is before you sit down, pull the belt ALL the way out - i have not had a problem making it fit when doing that - they are pretty long! I skip the teacups - mainly because of motion sickness but also because the entrance to the cups is tiny as is the knee space and space between me and the "wheel".
Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
billaroxilver
Earning My Ears

Yep! We are driving down. Nothing like a good ole family road trip!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the family time hate the nine hour drive. When the kids were little we would drive at night, les pit stops as it seemed no one could go at the same time.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)

Tags
disney world, fat, obese, rides

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: