Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
dawnhen
Earning My Ears

ADR Opinions? Would love some input!

Hey everyone, I upped my vacation by 3 weeks and was able to make ADR's yesterday. SO EXCITING!! I am using the Dining Plan... Here is what I have thus far:

Saturday 11/10 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch in MK somewhere
Dinner at Sanaa

Sunday 11/11 - Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at our resort (Coronado Springs)
Lunch at Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom
Dinner open

Monday 11/12 - Day "OFF" - resort hop, pool, DTD
Breakfast at Captain Cook's/Polynesian for Tonga Toast
Lunch open
Dinner at Paradiso 37 in DTD

Tuesday 11/13 - Hollywood Studios a.m. / Magic Kingdom p.m.
Breakfast at our resort?? (Coronado Springs)
Lunch at Pizza Planet in Hollywood Studios
Dinner open (Tony's Town Square perhaps??)

Wednesday 11/14 - Day "Off" - resort hop, pool, DTD
Breakfast open
Lunch open
Dinner open

Thursday 11/15 - EPCOT (WS) p.m.
Breakfast open
Lunch open
Dinner at Le Cellier

Friday 11/16 - Day "OFF" - resort hop, pool, DTD
Breakfast open
Lunch open
Dinner open

Saturday 11/17 - EPCOT (FW) a.m. / Hollywood Studios p.m.
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

I would love suggestions for things like BEST burgers, BEST fish, BEST breakfast, lunch, dinner. We love to eat and last trip we left with two extra QS each!! Crazy. I am going with my girlfriend and we split things too - last yr we split dinner at Boatwrights, split a burger and fries at Sci-Fi Dine In & split spaghetti and meatballs at Wolfgang Puck. So we're not opposed to splitting large lunches or dinners either.

I won't go back to Artist Point or Cali Grille as I have been SOOO many times and want to try new things.

Thanks ahead of time for your help!
1st trip ever - 1973 - age 2 WDW ,1974 stayed offisite, 1976 Fort Wilderness, 1981 Contemporary Resort Gardens/Fort Wilderness, 1984 Fort Wilderness, 1986 Grosvener 1989 High School Grad Night, 1996 for Grandparents 50th Anni - offsite, Honeymoon - Sept 2000 Wilderness Lodge "SOLO" trip - post-divorce celebration - Feb 2007 *POP! Century October 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & then November 2011 Disney Dream Cruise! November 9-18 2012 Caribbean Beach Resort 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Bachelor/Bachelorette Party @ EPCOT "Drinks Around the World!" 1 day trip ...now planning a trip in Fall 2014...

Last edited by dawnhen; 05-28-2012 at 06:34 PM.
dawnhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

We love Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL and Ohana at POLY. You need to like meat to enjoy and appreciate these two. They are fantastic.

35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
dawnhen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
We love Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL and Ohana at POLY. You need to like meat to enjoy and appreciate these two. They are fantastic.
Ohh thank you! Since I don't want to hit Artist Point again but my girlfriend has never been there, maybe we'll do Whispering Canyon! We did do Ohana last yr for our 'first day' character breakfast but scored and got CRT ressies this year.

Anyone ever been to the Luau??
1st trip ever - 1973 - age 2 WDW ,1974 stayed offisite, 1976 Fort Wilderness, 1981 Contemporary Resort Gardens/Fort Wilderness, 1984 Fort Wilderness, 1986 Grosvener 1989 High School Grad Night, 1996 for Grandparents 50th Anni - offsite, Honeymoon - Sept 2000 Wilderness Lodge "SOLO" trip - post-divorce celebration - Feb 2007 *POP! Century October 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & then November 2011 Disney Dream Cruise! November 9-18 2012 Caribbean Beach Resort 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Bachelor/Bachelorette Party @ EPCOT "Drinks Around the World!" 1 day trip ...now planning a trip in Fall 2014...
dawnhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhen View Post
Hey everyone, I upped my vacation by 3 weeks and was able to make ADR's yesterday. SO EXCITING!! I am using the Dining Plan... Here is what I have thus far:

Saturday 11/10 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch in MK somewhere
Dinner at Sanaa

Sunday 11/11 - Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at our resort (Coronado Springs)
Lunch at Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom
Dinner open

Monday 11/12 - Day "OFF" - resort hop, pool, DTD
Breakfast at Captain Cook's/Polynesian for Tonga Toast
Lunch open
Dinner at Paradiso 57 in DTD

Tuesday 11/13 - Hollywood Studios a.m. / Magic Kingdom p.m.
Dinner open (Tony's Town Square perhaps??)

Wednesday 11/14 - Day "Off" - resort hop, pool, DTD
Breakfast open
Lunch open
Dinner open

Thursday 11/15 - EPCOT (WS) p.m.
Breakfast open
Lunch open
Dinner at Le Cellier

Friday 11/16 - Day "OFF" - resort hop, pool, DTD
Breakfast open
Lunch open
Dinner open

Saturday 11/17 - EPCOT (FW) a.m. / Hollywood Studios p.m.
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

I would love suggestions for things like BEST burgers, BEST fish, BEST breakfast, lunch, dinner. We love to eat and last trip we left with two extra QS each!! Crazy. I am going with my girlfriend and we split things too - last yr we split dinner at Boatwrights, split a burger and fries at Sci-Fi Dine In & split spaghetti and meatballs at Wolfgang Puck. So we're not opposed to splitting large lunches or dinners either.

I won't go back to Artist Point or Cali Grille as I have been SOOO many times and want to try new things.

Thanks ahead of time for your help!
Definitely add in The Wave for breakfast and/or dinner at the Contemporary. You can do their breakfast buffet which is excellent or order off their breakfast menu. Dinner is just as good (and they do have lunch)-great apps, you can do an app and split a dinner if you prefer (same with dessert). BTW, my vote for best breakfast.

Also for a signature I suggest FF or Jiko, both have excellent food and again if you want to split stuff I would go for an app and an entree at each. My vote for best seafood at either.

You're already doing Paradiso 37, one of my favorites also, good choice!

On your "Studios" day don't rule out the Dolphin's FRESH for breakfast, they have a great breakfast there. They cook it to order, it's set up like a buffet but it's cooked "fresh to order" while you wait. You can always bus to the studios and hop on the Friendship launch to the S/D as it's the first stop after the "Studios". Then you can hop on the Friendship launch on the way back to the "Studios" ...or if you're feeling really challenged you can walk back over (it's about a 15-20 min walk from there-you get to walk off some of that good food)..

Feel free to check out my website, www.disneydiningreviews.com for lots of reviews of park restaurants, resort restaurants and dtd restaurants.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
jshaughnessy3
Earning My Ears

Does your family like hibachi, sushi, japanese cuisine? Teppan Edo in Epcot is a great experience!! I know there are tons of hibachi restaurants around these days but this one is like no other and the food is so amazing! I definitely recommend it. Chefs de France is also very great!
jshaughnessy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I think that some of the TS in Epcot would be up your alley.. We love Biergarten ..even though its a buffet...we love the atmosphere and the food is pretty good too...Entertainment for the dinner times...

Also Japan I would add that one too...it would be an interesting meal...

My husband and I when we go to the Halloween Party or the Christmas party at MK ..we love to go to Crystal Palace...we have a great time...characters and all..and the food is excellent...we had a great time a few weeks ago there...

at MK ..Cosmic Rays has the best counter service menu..chicken, ribs, burgers and soups and salads and sandwiches too...try this one for quick service..

have a great time planning..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: