Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #76
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Question ... would any of these codes be good if one is trying to rent in Lake Buena Vista?

I want to take ME and shuttles for the first 6 days of my trip (since we have 8 people and a van would be prohibitive, plus we're staying at BLT so easy access to 2 main parks), then for the next 8 days I'd like to rent in DisneyWorld, and return in DisneyWorld. Hoping to get an economy for under $200 for 8 or 9 days 12/5-12/13-14.

Or are most of these codes only for MCO rentals?
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #77
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Question ... would any of these codes be good if one is trying to rent in Lake Buena Vista?

I want to take ME and shuttles for the first 6 days of my trip (since we have 8 people and a van would be prohibitive, plus we're staying at BLT so easy access to 2 main parks), then for the next 8 days I'd like to rent in DisneyWorld, and return in DisneyWorld. Hoping to get an economy for under $200 for 8 or 9 days 12/5-12/13-14.

Not sure about any codes, but you can rent a compact thru standard size for under $200 with Dollar right now ,for the dates of Dec 5th through the 13th. Dollar has a location near Downtown Disney, in one of the hotels called Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. Just start typing Wyndham in the location box and it shows up. It's within a short walking distance across the street from Downtown Disney.
jgraney106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #78
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren

I used the budget promo code for Tampa and Orlando (the $119 a week promo came to about $220 with all taxes and fees for 8 days, 238 for a mud size SUV at MCO) I also noticed enterprise seems to drop their rates considerably about a week out. Which in the long run I am hoping for because I liked their cars best, but the bottom line always wins!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #79
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
Not sure about any codes, but you can rent a compact thru standard size for under $200 with Dollar right now ,for the dates of Dec 5th through the 13th. Dollar has a location near Downtown Disney, in one of the hotels called Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. Just start typing Wyndham in the location box and it shows up. It's within a short walking distance across the street from Downtown Disney.
WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I just booked a mid size at Dollar,no codes,for 91.00 per week! dates Dec7-16 - total cost is 198.00 w/fees(hate fees)
but good price! (had to pay for '3' extra days,as p/u is early,return is late)
still a very good price!
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #80
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

...or....as usual I'm waffling I can rent a car for the 2 days we actually NEED it...then return in LBV for 73.00...and take the bus back to airport later in the week...... saving even more for buying souvenirs! anyway,doallr has some good rates right now!
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #81
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I used the budget promo code for Tampa and Orlando (the $119 a week promo came to about $220 with all taxes and fees for 8 days, 238 for a mud size SUV at MCO) I also noticed enterprise seems to drop their rates considerably about a week out. Which in the long run I am hoping for because I liked their cars best, but the bottom line always wins!
I'm hoping this will happen too. I rent from Enterprise about 80% of the time, always get great customer service and good cars, but sometimes their prices are just too high and I have to go with Fox. I may just make a reservation for Enterprise for $250 for my 8 days then keep an eye on the price and add a Discover $40 off coupon later.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #82
taaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
Very cool, thanks. I'm still hoping Enterprise will come out with a better rate, but I managed to book a midsize for right around $200 (the compact was only $6 less). This means I'm getting the car for the whole week for the price of 2 Disney Transfers to port and back to WDW for my family of 3. Paying for parking at Port Canaveral is well worth having the car for the other 5 days, and it seems to be cheaper and less hassle than renting a car with a drop off in each direction, oddly.

Man those fees in Florida are killer. Other than airport fees, I don't see fees nearly doubling the price when I rent cars in California every month or two. Or maybe I'm just used to Enterprise including it in the price quotes.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #83
kimntrent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo711 View Post
I just booked a minivan for 12/7-12/15 for $404.20 using the KLM and Emerald club. I signed up for the KLM frequent flyer on the KLM site as above.

The price is $12 less than the Budget price with the x474200and coupon MUWZ003.

-I have had only good experiences with National in Orlando

- I won't have to go to the counter.

-I can also add the weekly discount code when is is available for December tright now expires 9/15/12)

Where do these codes come from?
Old 09-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #84
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

I've secured a 'Standard' car through Alamo with insiders and BJ's coupon, Dec. 7 (10:00 AM) - Dec. 15 (5:00 PM) $188.22 with all taxes/fees included. Hoping to do better closer to trip date.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #85
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi
I've secured a 'Standard' car through Alamo with insiders and BJ's coupon, Dec. 7 (10:00 AM) - Dec. 15 (5:00 PM) $188.22 with all taxes/fees included. Hoping to do better closer to trip date.
Where do you get the BJs code? Is it in the store? We haves membership but I've never noticed the discount codes before.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #86
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Yes, the BJ's code/coupon is located in the travel section as you leave the store. We used this same code/coupon when renting in May - the personnel did ask for the coupon when picking up our vehicle, so make sure you take it with you.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #87
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi
Yes, the BJ's code/coupon is located in the travel section as you leave the store. We used this same code/coupon when renting in May - the personnel did ask for the coupon when picking up our vehicle, so make sure you take it with you.
Thanks I will have to look next time I go there.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #88
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Through Costco using ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off I get $147 inc taxes for a standard.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #89
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I just booked a mid size at Dollar,no codes,for 91.00 per week! dates Dec7-16 - total cost is 198.00 w/fees(hate fees)
but good price! (had to pay for '3' extra days,as p/u is early,return is late)
still a very good price!
Through Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off the total is $141 for midsize and includes free additional driver.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #90
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
Where do these codes come from?
With Budget for a minivan from Dec 7 - 15 total is $329 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle. Use x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: