Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #496
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunseeker1 View Post
I just booked a Mid-sized SUV with Dollar.
Dec 19-27
Offer from email
1 Week at $189.99 per week. Unlimited mileage. 1 Extra Day at $38.00 per day.
Lucky you! I just checked for 12/21-12/28 with the code and then without and it shows that MCO is SOLD OUT! So are all the local locations. I wonder if they blocked out all the locations temporarily.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #497
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
Just booked Budget thru Costco with no code Dec 8-15th $145.03 out the door Intermediate Car
Just dropped again to $129.03 out the door for a full size a compact is $118

keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #498
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Lucky you! I just checked for 12/21-12/28 with the code and then without and it shows that MCO is SOLD OUT! So are all the local locations. I wonder if they blocked out all the locations temporarily.
I have been getting hat since yesterday too
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #499
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

Just checked Alamo and managed to get a standard for dec 8-15 6 day 21 hr rental for $215 all in. Considering the prices lately i am overjoyed with that.

Now only problem is that I need a minivan for the in laws but those are still way too high. Can still get one with national using klm code if we have to take desperate measures. Lol
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #500
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
Just booked Budget thru Costco with no code Dec 8-15th $145.03 out the door Intermediate Car
Whoop whoop! I checked the Costco Travel website (I am a member) and looked up my standard over-Christmas dates. My DH has some free National days that he has to use, so local locations were OK with me too because we can rent from National at the airport and switch cars around WDW mid way through our vacation. I saw Budget's Worldgate Resort location came up SUPER cheap and it's right near the Sherbeth Road and 192 which is the "back way" into Animal Kingdom. As an added bonus, it's also less than 3 miles from the house we are renting!

The rate for a week picking up in Kissimmee and dropping off in Tampa was (drum roll please) $144.47 including ALL taxes and fees for a Standard size car! I prepaid (saving $23) and used the Costco BCD and the Costco $40 off coupon. I was also offered a free 10-month subscription to Family Fun Magazine worth $10 that I accepted but I can send in a form (you need to take the link under the offer to print the form) and a copy of my reservation and they will send me $10 instead of the magazine. My DD is too old for that magazine, but I'm willing to fill out a form for an extra $10 savings. So, I'm really getting my car for $135 .

I had been sitting on a 2-week reservation with National using 7 of my DH's free days and his corporate code for $225. I really didn't think I could do better. My new 2 week total is $176 and it only uses 6 free days (we have to pay taxes and fees on the free days).

ETA: My Costco membership is up for renewal at the start of the year and the savings on this reservation just paid for another year!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #501
keliblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Whoop whoop! I checked the Costco Travel website (I am a member) and looked up my standard over-Christmas dates. My DH has some free National days that he has to use, so local locations were OK with me too because we can rent from National at the airport and switch cars around WDW mid way through our vacation. I saw Budget's Worldgate Resort location came up SUPER cheap and it's right near the Sherbeth Road and 192 which is the "back way" into Animal Kingdom. As an added bonus, it's also less than 3 miles from the house we are renting!

The rate for a week picking up in Kissimmee and dropping off in Tampa was (drum roll please) $144.47 including ALL taxes and fees for a Standard size car! I prepaid (saving $23) and used the Costco BCD and the Costco $40 off coupon. I was also offered a free 10-month subscription to Family Fun Magazine worth $10 that I accepted but I can send in a form (you need to take the link under the offer to print the form) and a copy of my reservation and they will send me $10 instead of the magazine. My DD is too old for that magazine, but I'm willing to fill out a form for an extra $10 savings. So, I'm really getting my car for $135 .

I had been sitting on a 2-week reservation with National using 7 of my DH's free days and his corporate code for $225. I really didn't think I could do better. My new 2 week total is $176 and it only uses 6 free days (we have to pay taxes and fees on the free days).

ETA: My Costco membership is up for renewal at the start of the year and the savings on this reservation just paid for another year!
SCORE !!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #502
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

I just got $174.88 for a compact from 12/8-12/12 through Alamo. A little more then I had at Enterprise but I love Alamo so I don't mind paying a bit more.
Jay
jakeybake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #503
keliblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
I just got $174.88 for a compact from 12/8-12/12 through Alamo. A little more then I had at Enterprise but I love Alamo so I don't mind paying a bit more.
Jay
did you use a coupon code ?? thry AD2338FDF (visa code) or AFA4623ANZ (free day)

NEVER MIND, we don't have the same dates

Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #504
keliblue

Quote:
Jay
Try ID: CARSLAND !! I think it brings yours down to $163.22

Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #505
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jay
Thrifty and Dollar are both $119 with taxes for your dates for a Compact. Heck, Payless is $79 with taxes for an intermediate. A car is a car is a car is a car . I think it's worth a little bit more for me to pick my car from the Alamo aisle, but not $100 more. YYMV. I used the car search at http://www.carrentalsavers.com/index.html to check rates.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #506
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the advice and codes! I went back into the Alamo site and the rate jumped up another $50 in a matter of minutes so the codes you gave me wouldn't of made much of a difference. I appreciate all the advice though!

Looks like I'm going to spend my week playing the rate game. Constantly checking the Alamo site and hoping the rates crash.

Last year on this very week (I go the first week of December each year for a conference) I had reserved a car through Alamo for $49 total for 5 days. That is not a typo, $49 total with taxes!!! I was hoping for the same this year but looks like I'm out of luck!

Jay
jakeybake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #507
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Nice to see everyone getting some good deals today!

I am still looking - we want 12/25 - 01/06 at MCO but we will take a local pickup/drop off if its less.

Right now we are booked 12/25 with an MCO pick up dropoff 1/01 at Doubletree through Alamo. We are at $267 (minus $25 at return)

I'd love to be under $300 with a 1/06 return at MCO or 1/05 in the Lake Buena Vista area...
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #508
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Thrifty and Dollar are both $119 with taxes for your dates for a Compact. Heck, Payless is $79 with taxes for an intermediate. A car is a car is a car is a car . I think it's worth a little bit more for me to pick my car from the Alamo aisle, but not $100 more. YYMV. I used the car search at http://www.carrentalsavers.com/index.html to check rates.
How do your think Dollar compares to National/Alamo, Robin?

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #509
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
How do your think Dollar compares to National/Alamo, Robin?
The biggest advantage of National/Alamo IMO is being able to select your own car. I admit that it takes me an embarrassingly long time to pick my car off of the aisle. My husband and I are both National Executive Elite (his earned, mine by signing up on a link I found years ago) so we book a midsize and can select anything from the midsize, fullzise or elite aisle.

The free upgrades are nice and worth a few $$ per day for me, but I am all about the bottom line. I remember being sooo nervous a few years ago about booking with Thrifty. I got an awesome rate of $79 for Christmas week and they upgraded us to a Taurus . I have rented from Dollar and Thrifty many times since. The cars that I have been assigned by Dollar (and Thrifty) have been current, roomy and clean. IMO, there is really little difference between a Nissan Versa offered by Alamo/National and a Ford Focus offered by Dollar. It's a car that will get from from point A to point B. As long as my family and my bags all fit to/from the airport I'm good to go!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #510
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Thanks, Robin.

May try Dollar this time out. Leaving now for Milwaukee, early flight out tomorrow. Enjoy your trip, New Years again?

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: